Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire bf15 bf15 bf15 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD
Customer Discussions > Twilight Soundtrack forum

Songs that NEED to be on the movie soundtrack...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2008 11:23:44 AM PST
Lily R. K. says:
Since this one obviously wasn't on Twilight, I can only hope it will be on New Moon, or any others that follow:
The Night Will Go As Follows by The Spill Canvas
I mean, c'mon,
"Consider this song a testament
Of my devotion to your sacharrine scent
And to be completely honest
You're not like all the rest"
Does it get any better than that?

Also, This Is For Keeps by The Spill Canvas
This song is peeeerrrfect.

Maybe I'm just a The Spill Canvas nut.
Any others? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2008 12:31:53 AM PST
c.mcluckie says:
yes yes yes yes yes
love spill canvas
and love those songs for twilight.. or new moon. or anything really :-)

Posted on Mar 24, 2009 10:27:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2009 11:08:37 PM PDT
J. M. Shaw says:
This song wasn't listed for the soundtrack, but every time I hear it and really listen to the words, it makes me think of New Moon and the torture Edward goes through when he decided to leave Bella. The scene at the edge of the woods where he promises she'll never see him again, this song would be perfect in that scene.

Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls

Here are the lyrics, what do you think?

Verse 1:
And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

Verse 2:
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Verse 3:
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything seems like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know your alive

See Next Post for my Interpretation of the lyrics.

Posted on Mar 24, 2009 11:07:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2009 11:08:05 PM PDT
J. M. Shaw says:
Here is my interpretation of the lyrics. The real lyrics are above. You can compare and offer your own thoughts:

First Verse:
He has forever since he is immortal, but he'd give it up for Bella. He would die for her. He would not be in this world long without her in it. He senses she feels the same way. Since he thinks he has no soul, Bella is the "closest to heaven" he'll ever get.

Second Verse:
All he can 'taste' is this moment with her (she's all he thinks about) and play on words with the "taste". All he can "breathe" is her life. He doesn't need to breathe, but he enjoys her scent, but even more, he enjoys that she is alive- that she has "life" and doesn't want her to give it up. He knows that someday she will die and that "sooner or later it's over" and he doesn't want to waste any minute of it without her.

He can't show himself to the real world because they won't understand that he is a vampire. He doesn't have the strength to hope that Bella can be his forever "everything's made to be broken" but he still wants her to know who he is.

Third Verse:
Can't fight the tears that ain't coming- he can't cry, but when he has to leave her he feels that if he could, he would. It is tearing him up to have to leave but he feels he must protect her. Although he lies when he tells her that he doesn't want her and that its for her own good, there is a "moment of truth in his lie". He thinks he needs to leave to keep her safe. Everything he has experienced is like the hundreds of movies he's seen, but he never understood the emotion until Bella. She bleeds and he knows she's alive ( in other words, blood is still pumping in her veins, and if he leaves, maybe she can lead a happy human life).

Posted on Mar 25, 2009 12:29:37 PM PDT
Where is the "let me sign" song. Rob Pattinson sings it and it plays when James bites Bella.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2009 1:49:44 PM PDT
i agree ..why isnt this song on the soundtrack at least, i have the twilight cd and its not on there either !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Mar 25, 2009 7:30:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2009 7:30:52 PM PDT
J. M. Shaw says:
Rob's 'Let Me Sign' Song is not on the CD version, but it is included as a Bonus track on the iTunes album.

Posted on Mar 28, 2009 5:41:16 PM PDT
Katydid says:
The song Edward was playing on the piano for Bella was really lovely but it isn't on the album - can anyone tell me the name and composer of that piece of the score?

Posted on Mar 28, 2009 8:10:04 PM PDT
J. M. Shaw says:
That Score is called "Bella's Lullaby"- it is not on the Soundtrack, but it is on the Carter Burwell Twilight Original Score album

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2009 9:52:18 PM PDT
Eeyore says:
You can get it on Itunes.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2009 5:08:47 AM PDT
S. brown says:
I have not heard this song yet but another song I think would be good for New Moon is Rescue Me by Buckcherry, and I think I will be by Leona Lewis would be a good song for Eclipse when Bella goes through her tranformation.

Posted on Apr 3, 2009 1:29:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2009 8:41:07 AM PDT
K. Becker says:
I think "Closer" by Kings of Leon should be on the New Moon soundtrack. The song is kinda dark and has a cool feel to it and the singer's voice is amazing. I think the song would fit Edward's perspective, possibly before "he goes into the sun" (Alice's vision?) at the Volturi or leading up to him leaving Bella in the woods... OR the song could be from nobody's perspective and just go well when Bella is drowning after she has jumped off the cliff and Victoria is coming "closer"

Posted on Apr 4, 2009 9:25:45 PM PDT
Kara says:
I heard that Anatomy by Anarbor ( is going to be on the NM soundtrack

Posted on Jul 7, 2009 8:13:10 AM PDT
A lot of people would say "Need" by Hana Pestle or "If it Kills Me" by Hana-li. Both very popular songs among New Moon fans. If you want to hear some more music that would be awesome for New Moon, please come check out my site "Songs for New Moon". Song suggestions are always welcome. Come check it out and let me know what you think :) Thanks!

Posted on Jul 12, 2009 2:45:58 PM PDT
A. Hulvey says:
Songs for New Moon or Twilight.............
Flyleaf ~ All Around Me (Bella's Relationship w/Edward)
Snow Patrol ~ Run (Edwards Relationship w/Bella)
Imogean Heap ~ Hide and Seek (when Edward leaves Bella or when Bella chooses Edward over Jacob)
James Blunt ~ Goodbye my Lover (when Edward leaves Bella)

Posted on Jul 15, 2009 6:55:28 PM PDT
B. Morrissey says:
I think "All I need" by Radiohead would be great for New Moon. It characterizes how Bella feels when Edward leaves her.

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 7:12:13 PM PDT
J. Sheer says:
um guys? ITS NOT OUT YET! WAIT FOR THE STINKIN THING TO COME OUT! its like people think there making the soundtrack! it makes no sense. Why dont you stop wasteing time on a soundtrack that isnt out yet. Listen to the Harry Potter soundtrack, and then go see the movie? think of the possibilities!

Posted on Jul 19, 2009 5:44:50 AM PDT
To J. Sheer - I disagree with you. I understand completely that the chances of a company or someone from New Moon listening to the songs on my site is probably 0%, but I still think it is a fun thing to do and also something for other Twilight/New Moon fans as well. Sure, maybe none of the songs I've posted will end up soundtrack, but who cares? I haven't given myself any false hopes. And I don't think it is a lame thing to do at all. Yes the songs will relate to New Moon, but I also think of it as a way to get music out there. There have been many songs suggested that I have never even heard of much less the artist and after hearing it, I love the song and/or artist. Not because it is totally for "New Moon", but just because I enjoy the music. And I don't believe anybody actually thinks they are truly "making the soundtrack" by suggesting songs or whatever. I guess you'll have your opinions, but I still don't think it is a "lame" thing to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2009 5:40:50 PM PDT
N. Tattrie says:
I was going to say Closer myself cause if you read the bio from Kings of Leon...Closer is about a love struck Vampire who loses his love and is left wondering the earth so good call.

Posted on Aug 19, 2009 11:01:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2009 11:42:55 AM PDT
S. Acker says:
What about Creep by Radiohead? I heard it on the radio and I couldn't get the image of Bella and Edward out of my head.

Posted on Nov 14, 2009 6:24:48 PM PST
S. shope says:
As much as I hate to say it "my life would suck without you" seems like their song .
Guess this means you're sorry
You're standing at my door
Guess this means you take back
All you said before
Like how much you wanted
Anyone but me
Said you'd never come back
But here you are again

'Cause we belong together now, yeah
Forever united here somehow, yeah
You got a piece of me
And honestly,
My life (my life) would suck (would suck) without you

Maybe I was stupid for telling you goodbye
Maybe I was wrong for tryin' to pick a fight
I know that I've got issues
But you're pretty messed up too
Either way, I found out I'm nothing without you

You got a piece of me
And honestly,

Being with you
Is so dysfunctional
I really shouldn't miss you
But I can't let you go
Oh yeah

You got a piece of me
And honestly,

You got a piece of me
And honestly,

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2009 2:00:31 AM PST
Quentin Cox says:
They can't use it, it's already a major song for City of Angels with Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan and totally goes with that movie. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Twilight Soundtrack forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Twilight Soundtrack
Twilight Soundtrack by Carter Burwell (Audio CD - 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars (876)