5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite kitchen tools
Published on December 18, 2007 by A. Elliott

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget it!
We bought this knife after watching many television commercials and were very much attracted to it. It came with two interchangeable knife sets.

Published on November 24, 2007 by Paul Kemp

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget it!, November 24, 2007
Paul Kemp (Fort Bragg, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonic Blade 7865.00 Cordless Rechargeable Knife (Kitchen)

It wouldn't cut warm butter no matter how hard we tried to get it to work! When we went to return it or get credit for it the seller never answered us so we just contested our credit card charge and finally got it credited when nobody ever responded to our complaints.

A sham and a ripoff! Maybe Amazon has a better version of this knife.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cordless Knife, June 29, 2008
This review is from: Sonic Blade 7865.00 Cordless Rechargeable Knife (Kitchen)
Disappointing. The battery life is minimal, it is very clumsy to handle. I will throw it in the garbage.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT VERY POWERFUL!!!, April 21, 2007
This review is from: Sonic Blade 7865.00 Cordless Rechargeable Knife (Kitchen)
The sonic blade is not very powerful. It cuts through bread and very light stuff like cake. But forget trying to cut summer sausage or anything frozen or even hard cheese. Does not cut as seen in the info commercials on TV. Also very heavy and awkward to use when battery keeps slipping out. Very disappointed. Check shipping cost carefully before placing your order. Shipping sometimes is more than product!!

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst product I have purchased, February 4, 2008
Edward M. Stone "leapfrog075" (San Francisco,, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonic Blade 7865.00 Cordless Rechargeable Knife (Kitchen)
Sonic Blade Electric Cordless Knife As Seen on Tv This is worst product I have purchased.
Even if the blade worked (it doesn't) it would be awkward and difficult to use - near impossible if you have arthritis in your hands. But the product doesn't do what it claims. Cutting frozen meat is a fantasy - when it was new it was difficult to even cut fresh meat. About the only thing it was good for was cutting fresh bread. After a couple of months it doesn't even do that. The knife does not recharge no matter how long you leave it in the charger. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this product

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite kitchen tools, December 18, 2007
This review is from: Sonic Blade 7865.00 Cordless Rechargeable Knife (Kitchen)
I got my Sonic Blade in August and have loved it since! I am a baker, and can't get over how it makes a perfect display of my breads while other knives smash delicate items. I have not tried to cut frozen food yet, but it made an easy and appetizing way to serve our Thanksgiving turkey. My favorite use is pineapple coring- it slices through the rind with ease and makes the process MUCH faster/ less tiring than using a regular knife.

I've used it at least two times a week for six months and always machine wash. I also participate in a revolving dinner group and often pack it up for the host's use if I know they do not have one (although several have purchased after using mine). Through all of this, it has held up beautifully. I'm disappointed some reviewers have mentioned broken parts; this has not been my experience at all. I'll update my review if anything changes!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sonic problem, February 14, 2008
This review is from: Sonic Blade 7865.00 Cordless Rechargeable Knife (Kitchen)
Despite the bad reviews i still like the sonic blade.I have one and it did work great on most everything.ButI also had the one side of the blade plastic brake off.It still worked though.And i got to warn not to use on hard cheese it was the end it will not work at all after that.But i still like the way it works so i bought another one.When i recieved the new one there was slip with a toll free # saying to call if their were any problems to call.So i did and they are sending a new one.Hopefully they are working on some improvements to this device cause when it does work it works great.NOT ON HARD CHEESE THATS A BIG NO NO.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product 3 stars, customer service 5 stars, March 10, 2009
This review is from: Sonic Blade 7865.00 Cordless Rechargeable Knife (Kitchen)
I have had my Sonic knife for a year or so, and when I needed it, it was there to do what I wanted. However, the red switch would not stay "on". The plastic holders fell off my rounded blade, and when I called customer service they immediately replaced it no charge. Months later the plastic holder fell off my sharp blade, called customer service and they not only replaced it, but to my complaint about the red button not holding in place, they sent me a new unit. Again, no charge. Can't complain about that..

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as well as corded models, May 25, 2007
This review is from: Sonic Blade 7865.00 Cordless Rechargeable Knife (Kitchen)
I've owned a cuisinart electric knife and bought the sonic blade because I burnt out the motor on my cuisinart corded knife trying to cut through a 5 # block of frozen fish (which I don't recommend trying with any electric knife).I've had my sonic blade for about a year now and it works as well as my corded knife except without a pesky cord.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great knife, December 3, 2007
This review is from: Sonic Blade 7865.00 Cordless Rechargeable Knife (Kitchen)
I have used this knife twice so far, the last time at Thanksgiving. It did a wonderful job on the turkey and it was very nice not to have to deal with a cord. I have not tried it on beef yet but I think it has enough power to handle that as well. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Electric Knife, December 16, 2009
C. Klassen (Newfoundland , Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonic Blade 7865.00 Cordless Rechargeable Knife (Kitchen)
I have never had a better electric knife. My favourite part is that it never tears whatever it is that you are slicing. I have used it on very well done pot roast and the slices were even and held together. I have used it for baked goods as well and had lovely results. I really recommend this product. I love the fact that there is no cord to deal with.

Sonic Blade 7865.00 Cordless Rechargeable Knife