Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sonic Genesis
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on April 17, 2012
Bought this for my son, but I had to read it myself when I saw the quality of the art work. The art's done by two great pencil artists, Tracy Yardley and the legendary Patrick Spaziante (he's always referred to as legendary when I read about him...I'll take their word. He's good). Their work is awesome and varied, with great action and sets. The colors are wonderful, too -- real attention and thoughtfulness was used. The real treat, for me, came in the inks, done by the great Terry Austin (who worked on some classic X-Men comics -- Dark Phoenix Saga, anyone). Terry brings real oomph to an already great package. The writing is cool and lots of fun.
on December 28, 2012
Got this for my son (one of his Christmas gifts) - he loves it. Story line for 'Genesis' is not as dubious as I thought it would be; let me give up a bit of 'spoiler' for this book: Sonic is fighting to make things right from a mistake that was made. It's actually interesting to see two things happen while reading this book with my 10 yr. old: one - his ultimate interest in Sonic and his friends (and how Super Sonic looks alot like Super Saiyan levels 1 or 2 from Dragon Ball Z/GT), and two (if you are a Sonic fan from 1990 and beyond like I still am - 'Sonic 4: Episode III?'), I'm amazed to see Sonic's old friends from his Saturday morning cartoon show that use to come on ABC (along with 'Reboot' - both good shows back then). It's nice to seem them all (visually slightly upgraded) in a new adventure. For Genesis game fans, you'll like the way the next chapter covers look. Overall, I believe this book is a great purchase; my son has already asked me to continue reading this book to him on my next day off of work, and I can't wait. I can only speak from my experience, but for you fathers out there (or even mothers) that would like to bond with your son (or daughter) on a childish yet fun level, this book is a good choice for you.
on May 26, 2012
Sonic Genesis is a great story from the fine people at archie about sega's blue hedgehog. I have always held up sonic as an example of how all ages books should be, its a fun book that reads like a saturday morning cartoon and its not ashamed of it. The writing is good, the art done by Spaz and Tracy Yardley is top notch.
on September 30, 2014
Sonic Genesis is a really nice self contained story for the most part. I say for the most part because the prologue and epilogue have to deal with what was currently happening in the continuity at that time, and because of this, might confuse new readers, but the meat of the good does a nice adaptation of the first two Sonic games, and has both great writing and art.
on February 6, 2013
She bought this book herself (age 13) and really likes it.
It has several of the comic books in it and she has read them all, several times.
on February 12, 2013
sonic is epic, archie comics is great. Whats not to love? you'd be crazy not to love it. buy it!
on August 29, 2014
First book sent was in terrible condition but the second was perfect. A very fun book to read I highly recommend it.
on May 26, 2013
I really liked the art in this book, and the story has a pretty good twist. Great for any Sonic fan or collector.
on June 12, 2013
I give grand kids comics for birthday to get them to read. The five year old loved this adventurous animal.
on April 22, 2014
My son is a big Sonic fan. He loves the Sonic Genesis series. The book feels solid and is a nice quality.