Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Sonic Unleashed - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 31% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Sonic Unleashed - Playstation 3
|Price:||$17.73 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$2.26 (11%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Sonic's World Transformed: Sonic maintains his high-speed abilities during the day, but at night he is transformed into a mysterious dark form with incredible never-before-seen abilities including 3D-action brawling and amazing agility.
- Tight Navigation and Speed Control: Players accelerate to super speed with 'Sonic Boost' by collecting rings to increase Sonic's 'Ring Energy.'
- Powerful New Engine and Cinematic Graphics: With its new proprietary "Hedgehog Engine," Sonic Unleashed enhances the classic 2D perspective with mind-blowing 3D stages.
- Enhanced and Expanded Environments: Many unique and fascinating continents offer the player an opportunity to save the world in a dynamic, high-speed experience.
- Sonic the Hedgehog returns in this platform for PlayStation 3 with 2D and 3D elements
- Different style of gameplay depending on whether it is day or night
- Nine beautiful levels based on real-life locations
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
On a quest for world domination Sonic nemesis Dr. Eggman has managed to steal the chaos emeralds once again and this time drained them of their power. As a result not only has the Earth split into distinct sections, so has Sonic. Now he is two beings. During the day he is the usual speed-addicted hedgehog players will remember, but at night he becomes Sonic the Werehog. In either form it is the player's ultimate goal to find the missing chaos emeralds and return them to their proper place in order to set the world and Sonic himself, back the way he should be. Gameplay: The Two Sides of Sonic
Like nearly all Sonic games, Sonic Unleashed is platform-based. The game combines the feel of 2D side-scrolling that fans of the Sonic series love, with sharp 3D graphics, and throws in an over the back third-person perspective reminiscent of FPS gameplay for good measure. And just as in earlier games, as players race through and explore the expansive world before them, using auto lock to hone in on enemies and areas of interest, they will rely on the power they gain from the rings they collect for a variety of things, but with the new twist of Sonic's split personality, things are a little bit different. Playing during the day, as you race across the world in the form of Sonic, speed is the main goal. Collecting rings fills you with 'Ring Energy,' which not only provides extra life, but also the advantage of 'Sonic Boost.' With this players can travel at speeds that approximate 300 MPH. In addition, Sonic Unleashed introduces two new features: the 'Speed Drift' and the 'Quick Step'. Speed Drifting is similar to drifting in racing games, allowing players to slide around corners at high speeds, while Quick Stepping is a sidestepping maneuver allowing Sonic to avoid enemies with quick steps to either side. Both keep you moving as fast as possible, so you can get as many rings as possible, which again keeps you moving as fast as possible. As night falls and Sonic assumes his Werehog form the rings provide a different kind of power more suited to his more menacing appearance. Much slower, but also much more powerful, the Werehog relies on the rings to provide life as well as strength to shield himself from the attacks of enemies. This is necessary because Werehog gameplay, although based in platforming, incorporates significant levels of combat as well. Red orbs gathered as enemies are defeated allow the player to unlock additional combo moves that will supplement the hack and slash and arm stretching abilities that the Werehog always possesses. Whether Hedgehog or Werehog, no matter which form players prefer they will get ample opportunity to explore the two sides of Sonic since each area in the game contains both night and day segments where each form must be played. Key Game Features:
- Sonic’s World Transformed - Sonic maintains his high-speed abilities during the day, but at night he is transformed into a mysterious dark form with incredible never-before-seen abilities including 3D-action brawling and amazing agility.
- Tight Navigation and Speed Control - Players accelerate to super speed with ‘Sonic Boost’ by collecting rings to increase Sonic’s ‘Ring Energy.’ Using ‘Quick Step,’ players will quickly move left or right to avoid obstacles instantly. Additionally, ‘Speed Drift’ allows players to rocket through turns without slowing down.
- Powerful New Engine and Cinematic Graphics - With its new proprietary“Hedgehog Engine,” Sonic Unleashed enhances the classic 2D perspective with mind-blowing 3D stages. Other next-gen technology capabilities include global illumination, grid computing, continuous data streaming and an intricate path finding system.
- Enhanced and Expanded Environments - Many unique and fascinating continents offer the player an opportunity to save the world in a dynamic, high-speed experience. In addition to exploring exciting unlockable areas, players dash through up to nine locations resembling real-life destinations including the Great Wall of China, Arctic Pole glaciers and many more.
Platform: PlayStation 3
Top Customer Reviews
I'll start by saying this title is an innovated new approach to the Sonic franchise. As mentioned the day levels have very traditional sort of "Sonic" feel to them, with minor tweaks and adjustments to improve the flow of the game's transition to 3-D platforming. For example, you can now use L1 and R1 to sidestep during times when Sonic is running at top speed. You'll perform timed button pressing combos to advance through the course and keep the flow of the action moving steadily at some points. These gameplay mechanics that have been implemented vastly improve Sonic's movements and abilities, which finally gives Sonic a smooth, intuitive 3-D experience.
As said before, the daytime stages are only half of what Unleashed has to offer. I won't spoil the storyline for those of you who may care, but at night you become the "Werehog" and obtain a surprisingly deep new combat system. The Werehog has furry arms with claws that stretch like Mr. Fantastic for some unexplained reason, and he moves at a crawling pace. The game then turns into a hack 'n slash style game very reminiscent of God of War's gameplay, even weaving together the same kinds of combos you'd expect to pull off with Kratos. Being a huge God of War fan, I for one enjoyed these areas of the game with much enthuse. Many people have complained that Sonic moves far too slow and clunky as the Werehog which in turn takes away from the overall pacing of the game.Read more ›
Now it surprises me how many people complain about the werehog stages. Sonic's night stages seem to be a lot of fun to me, because it just is a classic smack 'em up brawl. Another thing that is neat is when you level up your combat abilities you learn new moves, so by the end of the game you have many new combos you can fight with that are much more effective.
Apparently people have issues with sun and moon medals as well. I didn't encounter the issue of being short on medals until like sun medal level 7 was needed, and that's because I wasn't really looking for them too much. All you need to do is just keep an eye out for them while you are playing the game.
Basically this is a Sega step in the right direction with Sonic, and an improvement over other Sonic games of late. It also is the fastest I've seen sonic in a game for a while. This is a game any Sonic fan should want to have.
This title shows care in its craftsmanship, from the storyline, to the quality cutscenes, to the stunning levels, to the intuitive controls, the charming orchestral music, and the great sound effects. As opposed to some, I actually enjoy the nighttime levels, where Sonic transforms into a werewolf-like creature (a Werehog; this phenomenon is Robotnik's doing). Here, the player is charged with fighting off 'Dark Gaia' monsters using a series of button combinations in fun, non-bloody combat. Many would disagree, but to me it seems an amusing and clever innovation to the series. I would much rather see breaks with tradition of this nature, than see Hedgehogs pick up pistols or hear heavy metal vocals blasting in the background (if you know what I mean). Furthermore, this is not an irreversible change, either, for at the end of the game, Sonic is cured of his curious condition.
Of course, the high-speed daytime levels are the best, and capture most the spirit of Sonic the Hedgehog. Really, they are beyond compare. The speed is exhilarating, with the graphics losing no character at all as the velocity rises.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
i love this game it can be hard on the levels but you have to know what you are doing if you got a ps3 and you are a sonic fan get this game and try it outPublished 1 month ago by Randy Clyde Lawrence Jr.
Date of review on 8/31/2015
I'm Martell Nelson, I'm very excited to get this game all brand new and saw video clips then said to myself: "man, this game seems rather... Read more