Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 24, 2010
I got this bike for my wife for Christmas. Out of the box the rear reflector was broken off. Ok, fair enough, things can go wrong in shipping. I called Amazon and arranged a replacement reflector.

Then I started to assemble the bike. The rear rear was buckled beyond what I'd consider acceptable in a $400 bike. Then the seat post clip SNAPPED IN MY HANDS as I clipped the seat on. These seat post clips are used very often, daily by some, and need to be made of STEEL or something of similar durability. Our one was made of low grade aluminium it seems, some brittle crap anyway; I should not be able to snap a 5 mm thick metal seat retaining band with hand pressure!

Anyway, as a result of our experience here we are sending this back rather than hope that the rest of the bike has been made to better standards. Getting a full refund.
22 comments23 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2014
Upon reading the other reviews on this bike and the other Sonoma offerings and after much thought, I decided to gamble and get a cheaper used one listed here on amazon for over $100 less. Well that gamble paid off in spades as A) this bike is really nice for the price (even the new price) and B) this particular used one was a brand new, return with some minor cosmetic imperfections. It had never been assembled. I win! LOL The bike is priced and built to similar levels of walmart, target, academy stores type bikes.

Taking my time, it took me about an hour to put it together and tweak things. It felt a little rough riding it around the block so I came back and checked the shaft and gear assemblies. Both have manuals outlining how to check and lube. I found them both pretty dry so I greased the rear with moly grease, oiled the crank housing, and adjusted the shifter assembly at the rear wheel. WOW, what a difference! Upshifts are truly imperceptible even without pausing in pedaling. Smoooooth.

I'm tired of having time consuming, messy chain derailments and greasy pant legs when I get to work! So, I really wanted to try a shaft drive bike with an internal gear assembly as a light duty commuter and this bike will fit the bill perfectly once I add some fenders. If this bike continues to impress, I'll hand it off to either the wife (yes I'm a guy and don't mind riding "women's" framed bikes) and/or one of my kids and get a $1,000 Dynamic. I'll update if anything negative happens. If not, presume all is well. At the time of this review, there is only one left.
on February 22, 2013
Good Bike But I paid a total of 252.00
I also found a weakness in handle bar Ajustment and had to drill and put a bolt and nut to correct. Works Well, only problem incurred was handle bar angle clamp easy to strip as bolt goes into short thread of aluminium be careful to tighten single bolt first with the dual bolts loose then tighten dual bolts second. Shifting is smooth shaft drive is great seat is comfortable although being tall I need to purchase a longer seatpost all in all very impressed with quality of bike.
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2015
First of all I have no clue why this is listed as a Women's Bike......I am a 60 year guy and this is a uni-sexual bike ????
I bought this bike 3 years ago from Amazon...........As one person stated my taillight was broken off as well....Shipping could be a bit better. Moving right along as an old guy I replaced the original seat with Cloud Nine Seat.............The bike has been a pleasure to ride and it is so smooth vs. the bikes with derailers.......It has a 3 speed Transmission.......5 speed would have been great....Net Net I really enjoy riding this bike.
review image
on September 27, 2010
if your interested in a chainless bike but don't have the $600+ to buy another companies get this. It has the same shimano bearings it has the kenda hybrid tires. and front fork shocks. the only negative is it only has 3 gears. but for someone who just wants it for normal day to day use 3 gears is plenty.
0Comment11 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2013
Bought this for my wife. It was ugly for a women's bike, she only wanted 3 speeds and didn't want to spend as much for a Dynamic bike. It was new but was manufactured four years ago. It was half the price of a Dynamic bike. The quality was not nearly as good as my Dynamic chainless bike. We returned it (Amazon was great) and now she has a beautiful champagne colored Dynamic 8 chainless bike and loves it.
11 comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2014
Sonoma Logo on the bicycle frame is painted a sloppy way, I think this is the fault of the manufacturer to paint it.
review image
0Comment2 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse