100%
Sonoma Women's Chainless Drive Evolution Urban Voyager Bicycle
Price:$549.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on July 17, 2009
I have owned a Dynamic chainless bike for about three years and I decided to try Sonoma's chainless women's bike for my girlfriend. On the plus side it is about two-hundred dollars less than Dynamic's and it rides nice enough. On the negative side, it is a little heavier than Dynamic's and Sonoma uses poor quality parts. Like the brake handles and cables are very cheap and of poor quality. The large bearing at the top of the fork is rough and it was originally so tight that it was difficult to turn the wheel. I had to re-adjust it. The gear shift cable needed to be adjusted in order to get the gears to shift smoothly and there wasn't any grease on the drive gear at the back wheel. The tube in the front tire was pinched between the wheel and the tire, putting a big hole in it. Had to replace the tube. I don't know yet how well the bike will hold up, since I just got it all together today. I really like the chainless drive system, but the rest of the bike is nothing special and in fact looks and feels rather cheap. For the price I would expect better quality control and better quality parts. So I think that the most I can give it is 3 stars. It is chainless and rides nice, but it is of poor quality and may not hold up.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again