Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Style: CONNECT:AMP|Change

on October 31, 2015
Normally I always choose top of the line. In this purchase I went with Sonos for my pre installed ceiling speakers to hook up to. The installation was a breeze. The setup was a breeze. But overall I don't feel this product gives me $500 of enjoyment. I went with this product because of several recommendations. Really though I wish I would have searched for a sub $300 solution instead.
on April 28, 2014
I have the Connect AMP outside under my deck stairs and in the Winter I take it inside. Otherwise it is 100% protected from rain and the elements and has room to vent.

It has a pair of Sonance Mariner 51's for outdoor entertainment and a bridge inside the house wired to my switch.

I get amazing sound courtesy of the speakers, but the amp really is the magic as the Sonos app (on iPad for me) works so well in getting the Connect AMP what I want to hear.

One note: if you suffer from the app not seeing your components frequently you need to move the bridge closer even if it's just one foot. I replace the bridge's 6ft ethernet with a good 25 ft CAT5 cable and got it 19' closer to the AMP (though the bridge is still inside). That was enough to kill the issue completely.
on November 9, 2013
I wanted to eliminate all my CD's, so I researched various wireless streaming players. Sonos won out. However wanted to use the JBL speakers I had used for my stereo. The Sonos connect amp allowed me to do so. I now have streaming music, that sounds great
and no more CD clutter.
on December 13, 2014
Excellent Device , Works Perfect , I love the fact that you can connect your Own , Speakers , and have the sound quality you are able to afford !! Buy This GUY is really Impressive , easy to set , and works perfectly , Very Simple and Quality solution for stream music to every room of your House , I LOve Sonos System ,
I use this Connect Amp with 2 Martin Logan Bookshelf Speakers !!! with 1000 Box , You have an impressive audio System in a Living Room !!!
on November 9, 2014
I use my SONOS with Google Play and power outside speakers as well as inside speakers and the small SONOS PLAY 1. The system works great. I only rate this 3 stars because I did much better using my own amp(s) and using the SONOS connect. I end up with more amplification power and better amplifier choices. Hookup is simple and now those extra amps I had sitting around are in use. Great product, high price. If you are not concerned about costs, get this SONOS Connect Amp.
on November 25, 2015
I finally took the leap into Sonos and did so with a connect Amp and pair of 1's. This review is for the Connect Amp but I'm happy with the 1's as well. My use of the amp is to replace a receiver that only ever played music from a tablet connected to it. I have a tablet in the kitchen area and want music in the multiple rooms next to each other, so I have the speakers all wired up but the receiver was huge, this is much smaller, a bit bigger than a large paper towel roll standing on it's end. So the space savings is great but what about the quality? Well I was surprised that it powers my Paradigm Cinema 90 V2's great. I have 2 of those and 2 of their surround sound speakers connected (4 speakers in total)to the amp and the sound is as good as my Denon AVR-483 receiver could go, it goes as loud as I want it to with ease. My main point in posting this review is that everytime I tried to find out what speakers worked well with the connect amp the response was "it depends", well I'm sure it does but I can say for sure that Paradigm Cinema 90 V2's work great with it. I have a Polk sub as well, model doesn't matter because it's powered so buy whatever sub you like.

Sonos speakers are great but I wanted to be able to play anything I wanted (Youtube, home videos, non supported apps) and the amp with a tablet connected to it solves that problem.
on April 24, 2016
I connected the Sonos Connect:AMP to my existing surround front speakers and woofer and bought
two Sonos Play:1 speakers for the back speakers.
This made the best sounding room in my house.

After I heard the great sound from this setup, I bought the Play:3 and four more Play:1s.

The iPhone interface is simple and the alarms are nice!
I have my bedroom set for 7:00am Classical Romance Radio,
then at 7:15:am it switches to Cool Jazz Radio.
then its 7:30 Classic Rock Radio!!
I don't have to look at the alarm clock since I know what time it is by what sort of music is playing.
Cool?
My Kitchen and Living rooms (grouped) play Pop Radio at 8:00.
The alarms let you set the volume too so, each "wakeup stage" is a little louder than the previous.
I also love the Mac interface since I can work on my computer and with two clicks change the station or volume
or select a specific song etc...

I put 4 Play:1 speakers at our market.
They play all day and we use the SonosVoice app for paging and announcements.

Sonos has surprising sound quality beyond what I expected.
The functionality is simple to use and serves many conveniences.
on July 11, 2014
Purchased this to drive a set of Bose Free Space® 51 environmental speakers out by the pool. As with all Sonos devices, setup was a breeze and was up and running in minutes. This unit comes with 2 channels at 55 watts per channel. unfortunately, that just wasn't enough to drive the speakers. The unit itself is a good unit for smaller speakers. I am returning this and getting a Yamaha 100W per channel amp and the Sonos Connect.
on May 19, 2013
For homes that already have speakers wired into the walls, there is no equal but to upgrade to Sonos AMP. It is by far the leading product in its category. It works seamlessly with a mix of its other products to achieve a perfect blend of internet based and locally based music listening.
on December 14, 2014
Love Sonos. We have almost everything in their catalog. Very easy to use, even though a little expensive. Had to buy this as a replacement after only 3 years. This may be an aberration, since the rest of our Sonos amps continue to work perfectly. However, Sonos would do well to lengthen their warranty for the price we pay. It is not unusual for component manufacturers to have 5 year and even lifetime warranties (e.g. Speaker craft)