5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up, excellent fidelity. Perfect for the existing Sonos system
I set this up yesterday and have been testing it for two days now. This is a wireless iPod accessory dock to combine with an existing Sonos Wireless Music system or to go along with a newly purchased Sonos system.

This item took me 9 minutes from opening the box to listening to music on my iPod Nano. It was a breeze. After unpacking I plugged it in and read...
Published on October 31, 2010 by RW

1.0 out of 5 stars IT IS NOT NECESSARY
You do not need this device to listen to music from your iPod, the sonos does it automatically. Probably this was with the old technology.
Please check before buying.
Published 6 months ago by Vargas Pablo

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Sonos, January 6, 2013
This review is from: Sonos Wireless Dock 100 for iPod and iPhone (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Sonos is pricey, but you can't beat it for a wireless sound system that just works. Easy to set up, easy to use. Had a problem connecting to my computer once, and their tech support took care of it. It's taken me a couple years, but I now have Sonos speakers all over my house and I love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, November 23, 2012
R.A. Fogel (Islip, New York USA) - See all my reviews
Simple to set up with sonos 5 and and bridge. Installed software on my PC and downloaded controller app for my Galaxy S3. The whole took 30 minutes and I was playing the Ipod or Pandora wirelessly in my living room or the entire music collection on my PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, November 21, 2012
For all Sonos System Lovers this is a must have. It will make your system easier to connect. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sonos No Longer Making this Device, October 29, 2012
Sonos has published that they will no longer make this device. However, support will be available for existing owners for the time being. The reason they provided is because the new iPhone 5 connector will not work on this device.

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, October 25, 2012
Jebster (Maryland USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Sonos dock to play protected iTunes songs on my iPod instead of repurchasing them and it works as advertised. Only issue I experienced was the dock wouldn't play the track I selected, and after turning the shuffle track option on the iPod off I've had no issues. Another nice Sonos product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sonos Dock, May 29, 2012
Wow, This sounds awesome, at first I was wondering what benefit it would have for me. I only have a laptop computer, so this solves the problem of leaving my laptop on all the time as I now have to do.. As you know Laptops get hot, so it often annoyed me that I had to leave it on all the time to listen to my music.. Sonos has solved the problem.. When my friends visit, I often use the inline system to listen to their music, the dock will simplifiy this also.. Though one crictical point is this... Sonos, you missed a great opportunity here... Why, Why didnt you make the docking station compatable with the Ipad??? There are other docking stations on the market that you can dock you Iphone and Ipad on, and whilst it's not a Sonos system, I think this is a real shame. I have all my music stored on my Ipad, and selected music on my Iphone and Ipod Nano, which I only use when out riding on my horse. I use a USB charged portable speaker system in a bumbag for this, so the Nano, doesnt take up much room at all. It would have been handy to be able to charge my Ipad on my bedside table, whilst listening to music, as I often use the Ipad as an alarm clock as well...Terrible shame, I'll still buy one though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Sonos Product, December 30, 2011
I'm a huge fan of the Sonos line - and this product makes it only better. Very nice to be able to have Ipod's plugged in throughout the house and be able to listen to them anywhere in the house. A great addition to a great product line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonos Dock 100 works with Ipod Touch 4th Gen, March 3, 2011
AFRED "Allyka" (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Everybody has said it all re convenience of setup, functionality, etc of the SONOS Wireless system and the wireless Dock 100. Amazing system, great add on component. Allows you to play all your music on SONOS system without a computer bootup. Compatibility issue: search the sonos website for explicit list of compatible ipod, Nano versions. Also look at other reviews here for info on Apple webpage that helps identify your model of Apple product. Does not work with the older ipods we have that are reported by SONOS to be incompatible, but does work with the newest 4th gen Ipod Touch which is not on the SONOS compatibility info list. Perhaps it is too recent an addition, but it was a five minute setup and we are now listening to Black Keys from our IPOD Touch 4th Generation....

5.0 out of 5 stars This enables a great use of our old monster Ipod, September 17, 2014
T. J. Mackey (NE Harbor, ME United States) - See all my reviews
Magic. Sonos has changed the music experience in our house. This enables a great use of our old monster Ipod, lots of music and know is accessible by any device in the house. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars **BEWARE!! Classic look-alikes are not supported, November 3, 2010
CarolMC (Marathon, FL) - See all my reviews
I've owned a Sonos system for over a year now (ZP90, ZP120, S5, BR100, CR200, and Mac & PC apps). I once considered Apple as the be all and end all of music delivery systems. I now consider Apple a poor man's Sonos. My experience with Sonos has been absolutely outstanding. The quality of their products and their level of support is better than any I've ever experienced, and I've 65 years of experience behind me.

But I AM disappointed in the WD100 dock, not because it doesn't work well, but because it doesn't work AT ALL with my iPod. The problem does not lay with Sonos, but in how difficult it is to tell an 80GB iPod 5th gen from an 80GB iPod Classic. They appear identical, the way one tells them apart is through the last three digits of their serial numbers.

I made this mistake, and it appears that others are making this same mistake. Hence my warning.

Before I purchased the dock, I thought I had throughly researched whether it would work with my four year old iPod. The Sonos website says:
"Supported Devices
iPods and iPhones supported
iPod touch (1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation)
iPod classic
iPod nano (3rd, 4th, and 5th generation)
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone"

I went to the Apple site to determine which mine was. Because it had been a gift, I had never researched the various models.

Mine looked like a Classic. It was the right GB to be a Classic. And since the Sonos site had given no warning that earlier iPods were not supported, I wasn't worried enough to look more carefully into the issure. I simply did not realize that the differences between the generaions could be that difficult to ascertain.

But when the WD100 didn't work with my iPod, I went to the Support site, and searched for "What iPods are compatible with the SONOS Wireless Dock?" I found this newly listed answer:

"Below is a list of the Apple products that
the Sonos Wireless Dock (WD100) supports:
iPod Classic (iPod 6th generation)
..."

Had I seen that answer before I ordered the dock, I would have done more research.

I'm disappointed. But this is the first time Sonos has disappointed me in over a year, (and I've had some very thorny network problems which they deftly handled in real time), so in my book THEY are still worth five stars! (I will update this review once my new iPod Touch 64 arrives and is attached to the dock.)

UPDATE
I've been using my dock now for five months with the new iPod Touch. I actually prefer using the Touch with the SONOS app over the SONOS controllers. Elegant is the only word for it. BTW, I love that I can now play all my music (located on the Touch) when the laptop is turned off. I SHOULD be able to do so from my NAS (on which my iTunes Library resides) but sometimes I just can't 'reach' it. I know that the problem lies with the NAS, though, and not the iPod Touch or dock.

Rate and Discover Movies