1,945 Reviews
 (1,703)

5.0 out of 5 stars SOA Continues to Rock!
Sure was a long wait (again!) but well worth it! The jet-fueled premier of the 4th run was incredibly satisfying in itself, and promises much more over the next several weeks -- like tying up at least some of the purposely left loose ends from the preceding seasons as well adding new twists.
Katey Sagal is as fierce & fabulous as ever; didn't think it was possible,...
Published on September 8, 2011 by blue1717

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
the season ending was disappointing after the teaser that big change in SOA leadership was coming. I may feel differently in Season 5 but the plot has become more than a bit redundant.
Published 11 months ago by Vince DellaSperanza

5.0 out of 5 stars SOA Continues to Rock!, September 8, 2011
Katey Sagal is as fierce & fabulous as ever; didn't think it was possible, but the ensemble cast seems even more relaxed & enmeshed than before, very believable that they have known each other for ages, thru all kinds of stormy weather. A consistent show strength has been to demonstrate the cohesiveness of the club while illustrating the concerns, doubts, resentments that flicker thru & between individual members or associates -- these actors all seem to have a gift for nuance, and the camera work complements it well.
My experience has been that at least 2 viewings are required to even begin to pick up all the glances and grimaces that further the story, not to mention verbal & visual allusions. For instance, I noticed that the Asst. U.S. Attorney has pictures of Otto & Juice under the heading "Plan B" on his office wall of shame (mug shots & photos of Samcro and everyone living or dead ever associated w/ the club). So the 2nd time I watched Juice more closely (and what I saw makes me kinda nervous...and very anxious for the next episode!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Prince of Denmark rides a Daytona Harley., February 4, 2012
If you totally dig SOA then you are now prepared to read or watch Hamlet because you know the story. Young, reflective prince unsure of the foundations of his life's order. Gets a visit by his father's ghost, Hamlet Senior, who helpfully tells him he was murdered by his brother Claudius (probably). The Queen cares more for status and power than doing what's right, so she stands by her (current) man. She worries about her unhappy son: "It's like his father is speaking to him from beyond the grave." Then of course there's the title of the manuscript: "How SAMCRO Lost Its Way." Truly something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Agent Stahl, our duplicitous, spying Polonius of this tale, helpfully calls Jax and Gemma the "prince" and the "queen." She gets the Polonius treatment, too, meeting her demise at the end of season 3. And if Stumpy and Half Sack aren't Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, they're Falstaff.

Just in case you weren't clued in by the show's obvious references, Maureen Ashby helps us out from Ireland, by sending more of our ghost's writings so we can hear the voice of John Teller saying "Murder most foul..."

If the creators of SOA are to be true to the origins of their story, they will acknowledge its greatness by killing Jax Teller at the hands of someone, probably from SOA Belfast Charter or the IRA whose own father suffered years ago at the hands of John Teller, avenging his own father's death. We don't really have an Ophelia here though. Jax's old lady is a strong and intelligent woman who chooses to jump in to the mayhem rather than simply being swept along by it. She may be the one, at the end of the story, who acts as Horatio's voice, telling us the sadness of it, what can be learned from it and why we should care as she soldiers on without her best friend.

I sincerely hope we see a full dramatic end to the story, that the characters we love will die bloody or triumph and all will be tied up in a most Shakespearean way.

SOA is by far the best thing I've found in current television production. If you have missed it, get Amazon Prime or Netflix and stream the first three seasons. Do that and I'll bet you'll be back here to buy the fourth.

This is a series to own on Blu-Ray.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Prince of Denmark rides a Daytona Harley, January 11, 2012

If the creators of SOA are to be true to the origins of their story, they will acknowledge its greatness by killing Jax Teller at the hands of someone, probably from SOA Belfast Charter or the IRA, avenging his own father's death at the hands of John Teller. We don't really have an Ophelia here though. Jax's old lady is a strong and intelligent woman who chooses to jump in to the mayhem rather than simply being swept along by it. She may be the one, at the end of the story, who acts as Horatio's voice, telling us the sadness of it, what can be learned from it and why we should care as she soldiers on without her best friend.

This is a series to own on Blu-Ray.

5.0 out of 5 stars SOA ROCKS!, September 8, 2011
SOA comes back with a vengance this season. One episode in and it's already full of everything I love about this show. I cannot wait to see the next episode and where this season takes the MC and its members.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Show!, November 28, 2011
Sons of Anarchy has definitely gotten more and more addicting as the seasons go on. They're definitely getting better with each episode. I'm glad they got approved for another season. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Continueing the excellence, October 21, 2011
Phinehas (WESTFORD, MA, United States) - See all my reviews
With the way Season 3 ended I wasn't sure how much I was going to like Season 4. A lot of new Characters and major changes. But I love it, the writers and actors who bring the writing to life continue to have me salivating with anticipation for the next episode.

Excellent series, excellent season.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than previous seasons, October 9, 2011
This review is from: Sons of Anarchy: Season 4 (DVD)
Sons of Anarchy: Season Four has moved beyond the brooding bad boy biker philosipher theme. The series has resurrected a motorcycle club lifestyle that is, if not spot on with reality, closer to the outlaw perception non-riders assume exists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best series ever, November 30, 2011
This is the best series on TV. Can't wait until Tuesday night. No one does it better than Jax. What an all star cast! I'll remember this gang no matter where I see them. Whatever season, it always has a great storyline, and it will never leave you disappointed. My favorite was the visit with the Irish. And I'd love to see Sam Elliott in some kind of biker role. He's the Vietnam Veteran age, could have been friends with John and Piney, he's got that deep voice that makes ya listen, and he looks good in leathers. And if he could play the biker boyfriend of Cher in Mask, he could be Jemma's love interest, and a father figure for Jax! Love this show!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A 1/2%er gives his opinion, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Sons of Anarchy: Season 4 (DVD)
I am 70 now,been riding Lone Wolf for 52 years, this is one hell of a yarn and closer to the truth than most would imagine....Katey Segal is one hell of an underated actress so I commend her husband for writing this part for her,brings out her full potential, I'm a Scot and so I find it humorous you have a Limey playing a CA.Biker, but what the hell he doe's a damn fine job, their all good, I have ordered this from Amazon but haven't recieved it yet. People that I know that have looked at me as an abberation have come up and apologised. The greatness of Sutters writing is that he makes you both love and respect them as well as hate them and the truth is they simply measure humanity as a whole. I knew Ralph Barger lightly in the 60's always liked him, he was a great President of The Oakland Chapter H.A.'S a good man, was a shock to see him on the show, in my mind he's still that good looking young man of the 60's The Angels are poorer for him not representing them now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Season 4 doesn't disappoint, January 30, 2012
I suspect that anyone contemplating the purchase of season 4 already knows plenty about the SOA series, so I will spare any descriptions or spoilers. Let me just say that season 4 doesn't disappoint. In fact, I think it is probably the best season yet and I am very happy with the progression of the story line. Can't wait for season five!

Sons of Anarchy: Season 4
Sons of Anarchy: Season 4 by Charlie Hunnam (DVD - 2012)
$39.98 $28.42