4,980 Reviews
 (4,298)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sons of Anarchy goes down its darkest road yet.
It is my intention to keep this review entirely spoiler free. However, if you have not seen seasons 1-5 I would not recommend reading on simply because I will mention some characters by name (and you will then know who makes it through the first five seasons of anarchy).

Published 13 months ago by Ben

1.0 out of 5 stars Commercials. Are you f-ing serious?!
$3 an episode in HD and I have to watch commercials!? WTH, Amazon. You need to amend your licensing agreement with FX and fix this nonsense with a quickness. It's a total rip-off and detrimental to both of your brands.
Published 17 months ago by SallySaysSo

4.0 out of 5 stars Sons of Anarchy goes down its darkest road yet., February 4, 2014

I only recently began watching Sons of Anarchy, but I was so enthralled with it by the time I reached the end of season one that I blew through the entire series in less than a month. Those who have followed Sons of Anarchy from the beginning will have noticed that it has grown steadily darker and more depressing with each season. Season six not only continues in this vein but takes it to an entirely new level.

Jax and the rest of the Sons run into plenty of trouble as they continue to distance themselves from running guns. The violence is widespread and, at times, extremely brutal. Vengeful U.S. Marshal Toric employs horrific methods against those he blames for his sister's death. The fallout from Clay's imprisonment lingers longer than expected, and Tara and Jax grow increasingly distant as Tara's trial looms, she continues to struggle to protect her sons from the life the Club lives, and Redwood Original nears the point of disintegration.

To capture the stress and the difficulty everyone experiences in season six, Sutter extended the length of almost every episode to an hour, and some episodes (like the finale) are significantly longer. While some of the subplots seem extraneous, each plays an important role in the overall story, whether it is to demonstrate a character's moral confusion or set up something bigger later in the season. As a result, this is not television to watch when you are trying to relax. On the contrary, season six is long, emotionally draining, and the finale will leave you reeling.

Season six is a solid installment in one of the best shows on television, and it sets the stage for an epic concluding season (Sutter has stated that the seventh season of Sons of Anarchy will be the last). It is no doubt entertaining, and the acting is award-worthy, but I also warn those invested in the show that there is little room for redemption; Sons of Anarchy seems destined for a bloody ending, a fitting way for the bad guys who are sometimes (but ever more rarely) the good guys to go down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Commercials. Are you f-ing serious?!, September 25, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Dear Amazon..., September 19, 2013
...your greed is showing. Pretty pissed that I paid $2.99 for a TV show episode and still have to deal with a bunch of godd@mn commercials. Unbelievable. Might as well watch for free on TV. As far as I can recall, Amazon didn't used to do this, but this seals the deal on me NEVER ordering on-demand television through Amazon again.

Episode was AWESOME besides that, though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Commercials on Paid Content is a Death Blow, September 20, 2013
Commercials at the beginning and end of both episodes this season. At three dollars an episode, I do not want advertising. I will be cancelling my TV pass, and I hope this does not become a trend on Amazon or I'll be looking for video content elsewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Advertising Included With Streaming Episodes in S06, September 19, 2013
Matthew JNS (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
The first two episodes of Season 06, purchased through Amazon Instant Video, have come with advertising attached.

S06E02 had advertising both before and after the episode. When I'm paying almost $3.00/episode, I expect a commercial-free experience.

UPDATE 09/21/2013:
I noticed that the homepage for "Amazon Instant Video: TV" says this: "Watch TV Online, Instantly and Commercial-Free". So I contacted Amazon, quoted the "commercial-free" promise, and asked for a refund. My refund was granted promptly and without hassle. I then canceled my TV Pass (season pre-order) for this series. Props to Amazon for the customer service.

Further, the Amazon rep who contacted me said the issue was being escalated to their "Development Team" for review.

This issue is starting to get discussed more on the intarwebs, and some of the chatter blames Amazon. Since the ads were for FX Network shows, and FX Network puts out SoA, my hunch is that FX Network is responsible for tacking the ads on to the episodes they delivered to Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Commercials? Where?, October 23, 2013
Maybe because so many people complained but there were no commercials. Thanks for voicing and making it stop! :D

*******************SPOILERS****************************

Wow. Just Wow! I had to pause and go do something else while it sank in that Jax had just put a pedofile out of the business...of breathing! Intense. And when the arm was put around his/her shoulder...I have to commend the writers and directors for being both progressive and open minded in their portrayal of this character, and how the MC reacts, especially Tig. Love knows no boundaries, or genders. While it might piss off some people, I was both awed and amazed.

Gemma....we love her and hate her, but if you hadn't seen her in any other context and time than Tara, you would have done the same. Tara only sees the Gemma that calls Tara's sons "hers" and is angry and violent. She doesn't get to see the Gemma with Nero or the Gemma with Jax and the Gemma who does what it takes to save her ex from beatings by prison guards. All Tara Sees are the Facts Tara Sees. I can't blame her for her actions and I still feel sorry for Gemma.

Who said this series was dragging? are you insane?! I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next episode!

1.0 out of 5 stars In the beginning years this was one of my favorite shows and I looked forward to watching it each ..., November 5, 2014
In the beginning years this was one of my favorite shows and I looked forward to watching it each week. Now it has turned into such crap its amazing how bad the story line has become. Each week the show has become filled with more and more gratuitous violence that it has just become ridiculous and completely stupid. At this point I and many others who used to watch with me have now lost interest. Its amazing to me when the powers that be ruin a good show for the sake of shock value.

1.0 out of 5 stars I want to write soap operas too., May 15, 2014
Whimsy "Whimsy" (Sedona, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sons of Anarchy: Season 6 (DVD)
My wife and I loved this show for seasons 1 - 4. 5 started to get shaky but was still good and now with 6 we have no desire to watch 7. Season 6 is ripe with core character changes at key moments with the sole purpose of creating drama. There is no hope left. The outcome is obvious. Season 6 is just sadness piled onto death for hopeless sake. There are no moments I can think of where I thought things were going to be ok. Characters who are unforgivable have had sins conveniently forgotten or been quickly forgiven in order to keep them in the show to stir the pot. I knew what was going to happen, I just had no idea it would be so over the top. Events that would create massive backlash are just brushed aside and forgotten. I really have no idea why so many people gave this season high ratings. The main characters goal and high level is intelligence from the beginning is thrown to the wind for this rootin tootin bang bang "I know! Let's kill em all!" persona, because apparently "going legit" includes quite a bit of murder. It makes me sad and angry at the same time because I loved this story line and I feel as if the writer thinks we are all dumb enough to buy it. My suspension of disbelief is dead along with the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars but I do not like having to wait for two days after purchasing season 6 to watch an episode after it airs.., October 15, 2013
Episodes you have paid for should come on immediately after they have aired on fx network, but instead you make us wait for two days after it aired on tv.. and we pay for each episode.. I paid for the whole season.. so I am not a very happy customer with amazons policy on that ..

2.0 out of 5 stars if you have to stream like I do...., December 11, 2013
I love the show sons of anarchy but I have to stream with my Roku and that means I have to wait for the show to be available on Amazon. I give the show 6 stars I give Amazon one star for making it available so late. It is ridiculous that we have to wait so many hours after show time to get it and sometimes it doesn't even come in till the next day late in the day. I want drama from the son's not Amazon...on the plus side you are better than vUdu but you do need some work Amazon

Sons of Anarchy: Season 6
Sons of Anarchy: Season 6 by Kim Coates (DVD - 2014)
$49.98 $14.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.