The versatile SAL-100M28
macro-focus lens covers a wide range of photographic applications, from close-up nature subjects to midrange telephoto shots-making it ideal to carry on location or in the field. Mounted on your Sony ? (alpha) DSLR camera, it provides a 150mm focal length (35mm equivalent). And its superb sharpness and clarity give you professional results in every shooting situation. FEATURES:
- Sharp macro focusing - You can get closer to your subject to capture low-angle shots of insects, flowers and other natural wonders -- and broad depth of field lets you keep backgrounds in focus, too.
- Bright f2.8 aperture - In conjunction with the Super SteadyShot image stabilization system of the Sony Alpha DSLR cameras, this lens captures bright, steady images, even working with hand-held cameras in low light.
- High contrast and resolution - Excellent optical precision gives your shots greater visual accuracy for close analysis of your subject.
- Focus range limiter - Speeds auto-focus response by limiting the range of distances that are brought into focus -- Close-up Range, or Telephoto Range.
- Focus hold button - For full creative control, a focus hold button located on the lens can lock auto-focusing.
- Auto clutch - In auto-focus mode, the manual focus ring does not rotate -- which improves handling ease.
- Circular aperture - Because aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
Get incredibly close to small subjects with the Sony 100mm macro lens, which delivers professional results in almost any shooting situation. The versatile macro focus lens covers a wide range of photographic applications, from close-up nature subjects to midrange telephoto shots, making it ideal for carrying on location or in the field. The lens's bright f/2.8 maximum aperture works in conjunction with the Sony Alpha's Super SteadyShot image stabilization system to capture bright, steady images even when working with handheld cameras in low light. Specific details include a focus range limiter that speeds up the autofocus response by limiting the range of distances that are brought into focus; a focus hold button that gives you full creative control; an auto clutch option with a manual focus ring that doesn't rotate; a circular aperture that provides a pleasing circular defocused effect that's ideal for low-light shots; and excellent optical precision that gives your shots greater visual accuracy.
- Focal length: 150mm (100mm 35mm equivalent)
- Filter diameter: 55mm
- Minimum focus distance: 1 foot, 2.4 inches
- Magnification: 1x
- Lens group elements: 8 groups 8 elements
- Distance scale: Yes
- Distance encoder: Yes
- Non-rotating focusing ring: Yes
- Focus hold button: Yes
- Depth of field: Yes
- Focus range limiter: Yes
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum aperture: f/32
- Blades: 9 aperture
- Asperhic elements: No
- Lens type: Macro
- Dimensions: 3 inches in diameter and 4 inches long
- Weight: 1 pound, 2 ounces