Enjoy music across multiple rooms with the ALT-SA32PC wireless multi-room music system for PC. A perfect companion to your notebook or desktop computer, this music system streams your favorite songs on your PC to two included high-output premium speakers. Powered by S-AIR digital wireless technology, the multi-room music system for PC makes it a breeze to enjoy your music everywhere, with wires nowhere.
Sony ALT-SA32PC Speaker System 2.0
- The multi-room music system for PC makes it a breeze to enjoy your music everywhere without wires
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- GREAT price offered on Amazon(one of the biggest pros...I think if you buy it from [...] Buy it is probably $250.
- The wireless speakers are pretty attractive and have a nice sleek, polished look
- Relatively easy to set up - if you just want to play from your PC directly
- Wireless signal is great; I put one upstairs in my room and there was no interference
- speaker quality is mediocre; namely, the bass power on these guys is weak - but it is expected. However, as long as your house isn't too large, the sound should travel well enough
- In order to play your iTunes playlists directly off the components themselves, need to spend some time setting up the system. Even when you do, the interface isn't really isn't as straightforward to use as I would have liked.
- Power outlets for each speaker unit are pretty large (minor)
Overall, decent product, but definitely not perfect; you get what you pay for!
I called Sony's customer service and they ran through the troubleshooting (which we already did!). They pushed us up to the next level and was told they would call back. A week later they still didn't call so I returned the product.
Seems kind of silly that they wouldn't figure it out quickly.
I really like this system and just bought another pair of wireless speakers that plug into the wall.
I would definetely recommend, the setup was so easy!
- One AIR-PC10T wireless audio transmitter for PC. This is a USB dongle that plugs into your computer, and transmits audio from your computer.
- Two AIR-SA50R wireless speakers. Each of these units contains actually has two speakers in it, and each one by itself puts out stereo audio.
- Two EZW-RT10A wireless transceivers. These are small rectangular things. You insert one of them into the back of each AIR-SA50R wireless speaker. This is what receives the audio from the AIR-PC10T transmitter.
- one AIR-PCST1 cradle for the AIR-PC10T USB transmitter dongle. You can plug your USB transmitter dongle into this rather than directly into your PC. It has a cable which can be plugged into the USB port on your computer.
- two RM-ANU065 remote controllers plus batteries. Each one of these controls one of the AIR-SA50R wireless speakers.
- one CD-ROM containing the S-Air Cast software. This enables you to control PC audio playback software from the AIR-SA50R speaker, or from its remote.
The sound quality is about as good as can be expected for speakers this small. If you want better speaker quality, you can get an S-AIR receiver that connects to your home audio system via RCA jacks.
The range of the transmitter is good but certainly not great - it might be comparable to a wifi signal. If you are having trouble getting a wifi signal to certain parts of your house, you will also have difficulty transmitting your PC audio that far with the AIR-PC10T transmitter.Read more ›
Like everyone else, I wanted a speaker solution that would allow me to listen to music in multiple rooms without running any wire; namely, something to listen to while I cleaned my place or had get togethers with friends. Back in 2004 I bought some wireless headphones and overall, I was extremely dissapointed. Until now I've avoided all wireless-dependent hardware when it comes to sound. When it came to this product however, I was more than pleased.
1. The look.
Each speaker looks refined and current. The touch-sensative buttons are about as responsive as it gets and everything from changing tracks (yes you can change tracks from any given unit) to setting the time is intuitive and easy to do. Sony gives you a remote control with each unit and those, also, look clean and refined.
2. The performance.
These speakers won't blow you away with bass, but the sound is excellent - not just for a wireless speaker system, but for any speaker system. If you've ever had your car's stock stereo system replaced with a new deck and new speakers, that's how good these sound. Now unlike that car stereo system, you can't add an amp and a subwoofer with these, so you'll never reach that potential with these speakers, but they sound good. Also worth noting is that I tested a newly setup system of 4 speakers and when the songs are playing, paused, stopped, etc, I don't hear any static coming out of them. This is important to me and pretty impressive that it's accomplished here.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had these for years and keep buying more for each room. Great soundPublished 2 months ago by Amy D.
Worked Perfect.... but a bit of a problem with wireless connection when too farPublished 6 months ago by Franco Colloridi
Very good speakers, nice sound. You can't wrong with Sony, and prompt delivery by seller. I highly recommend it.Published 17 months ago by Nestor E.
I don't know how I found it so cheap on Amazon (must have been a year-end closeout or something), but I got the transmitter and 2 speakers in February 2011 for $89. Read morePublished on April 28, 2013 by M. Phillips
I already purchased another set of these a year ago. My space increased in size so I wanted to add a few to the equation. Read morePublished on June 21, 2012 by C. Arthur
Does not work with intel macs. Does not have sub speaker and main speaker identification. Would not even pair with each other. Difficult instructions. Read morePublished on January 19, 2012 by Melinda
I was excited to play Christmas music in other rooms of the house, but I should have taken the negative reviews more seriously. Read morePublished on December 3, 2011 by SD67NC
(1) Easy to install.
The system is easy to hook up, just insert tranceivers into the back of the speakers, plug speakers into electrical outlet and... Read more