4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful in digital form
Doesn't matter if this is your first Sony or upgrade of your Maxxum; you will understand your new camera by keeping this book on your Kindle or in whatever device has your Kindle App.
Published 23 months ago by Chet H. Spiro

2.0 out of 5 stars Tries to be too cute
Published 21 months ago by Tim Kovar

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Tries to be too cute, March 20, 2013
Tim Kovar (Carmichael, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Alpha SLT-A65/A77 For Dummies (Paperback)
I would like to see more illustrations specific to the camera and fewer "cute" clip art graphics that don't really help in understanding it. The book uses text to describe a setting on the camera instead of showing an illustration / photo of how to set the setting. For example "To change the Drive mode, follow these steps: 1) . . . A77: a separate drive button is on top of the camera." (p.54) - the only graphic is a clip art of a cartoon guy holding a finger up. Well, there are 6 buttons on top of the camera and none of them are labeled 'drive' - a helpful graphic would have been the top of the camera with an arrow to the drive button. (made me want to show the cartoon guy a different finger - but I didn't cause I was in mixed company). I purchased this book because I need more than just text to describe its functions - the owners manual has plenty of text - I want something that shows me how to use it instead of describing how to use it.

Clearly the author understands the camera and is a seasoned photographer - I think he assumes that the reader is smarter than me (or at least, has a better memory).

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful in digital form, January 18, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars A little lacking, July 13, 2012
David Anderson (Southern Indiana) - See all my reviews
This is a pretty good book but it comes up short in two areas: 1. The Kindle version doesn't have an index. I shouldn't have to bookmark or go to the Contents to find something. 2. The layout/structure doesn't quite work for me. I got the print version of the Busch book for this camera today, and just looking at the Contents, I think it will be easier for me to find the answers to questions I have in that one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 17, 2014
This review is from: Sony Alpha SLT-A65/A77 For Dummies (Paperback)
Comprehensive and well organized.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, June 7, 2014
This review is from: Sony Alpha SLT-A65/A77 For Dummies (Paperback)
If you ask the question, it is in this book! They go from menu to menu to help set up your camera for optimal settings! It is a stellar write up! If the Sony is a new purchase - GET THIS BOOK!

3.0 out of 5 stars Book is OK., May 22, 2014
This review is from: Sony Alpha SLT-A65/A77 For Dummies (Paperback)
I was hoping for more information. It has general basic information, but It does not provide some advanced technique as how to take pictures in a shadow while having a sunny background..

4.0 out of 5 stars Alpha SLT-A77 For Dummies!, May 10, 2014
Frank (New England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Alpha SLT-A65/A77 For Dummies (Paperback)
Not quite as easy to follow as I expected, I must be a really dummy because I still have not figured out how everything is suppose to do what it suppose to do even after trying to follow the book...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!, February 20, 2014
This review is from: Sony Alpha SLT-A65/A77 For Dummies (Paperback)
I have never used a DSLR, and while this doesn't give all the basics of camera knowledge, it does really help me understand and troubleshoot the settings on my Sony A65!!! So glad to have this reference handy!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, January 8, 2014
Great book I reference it all the time.
Concepts are explained in simple terms.
I have learned quite a lot about my camera
sony a65 by using this book
I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help for us intermediates, January 8, 2014
a much easier read than the owner's manual and will quickly get you up and running with this (A77) camera. Well worth the money invested.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sony Alpha SLT-A65/A77 For Dummies
Sony Alpha SLT-A65/A77 For Dummies by Robert Correll (Paperback - May 1, 2012)
$29.99 $22.21
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.