Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 23, 2014
This was easy to install. It plays perfectly ,and the difference with a regular DVD is apparent. With Blu Ray it is outstanding. I wish it had wi-fi but I use a Roku with perfect results. The unit is small and light and the directions are clear. A great buy at Amazon. AND I MUST MENTION THAT ITS A PERFECT BUNDLE TOO! I DID NOT HAVE TO GO OUT AND BUY A HDMI CABLE BECAUSE I GOT IT FOR FREE WITH THE PURCHASE WITH NO EXTRA COST!, PLUS A ULTRA GENTLE CLOTH, WHICH HELPS ME KEEP MY UNIT WITH A CRISP NEW LOOK AT ALL TIMES!!
on May 17, 2014
I chose this particular DVD player b/c it was the only one in my price range that was compatible with both Netflix and my Amazon Prime. So far I love this little player. Hard to believe it's so small (at least compared to my old Blu Ray player)!! The quality seems high, the picture is excellent, and I love being able to watch Amazon Instant Video's. I really liked that this included the HDMI cable it needed so I didn't have to go spend extra money on that. I compared pricing between Amazon, Walmart and Target and found Amazon to be the least expensive by at least $20. Great deal.
on April 22, 2014
It was difficult to get the player to do what it was supposed to do - play a CD. The set-up is not self explanatory and until you get it set-up, it will not accept a disc to play. After I contacted the Sony support line, and they told me the "trick" to getting it setup (I think you have to depress and hold the "Off" button for 20 seconds), then enter the data requested, the unit worked fine. I don't think we should have to do this, the setup should either be in the directions or it should be self-starting. Very frustrating, I was ready to send the unit back until the Tech helped me out.
I was happy that the player came with the connecting cables and a remote, it did make hooking it up much easier.
on June 3, 2014
This met my expectations excellently and I am very delighted to have it. This one has ethernet cable connection to the internet via my ISP's modem/router. I had an earlier Blu-Ray player which had a USB plug-in which did streaming data from the same router, but the throughput rate was very low, so that it would play a video for 2 minutes and then take almost 2 more minutes to refresh. I had an option for a newer Sony Blu-Ray player with internal streaming video by Wi-Fi, but opted for the direct ethernet cable connection instead. I'm glad I did, even though I had to bore a couple of holes in the floor in order to rig the ethernet cable from room to room by way of the crawl space under my home.
on August 13, 2014
I will be buying more of these! This Blu-ray is really fast, has tons of apps and is very affordable. I know I will be buying at least two more. We use Netflix, Amazon Prime, and the Pandora apps a lot in our house and having them all in one Blu-ray player is amazing. I have had it for a few months and have had no problems with it. I really appreciate the extras that we sent with it too!
on July 21, 2014
Not an expert in sound or operation of a disc player, but not bothered by the time it takes to load. Don't need my movie in 1/10th of a second. Picture is great and sound the same. Mother happy to play her cd's also.
on July 9, 2014
I wish i could rate Sony's customer service and tech support with a negative five stars. Very good product i must say, however after reading your manual and following it precisely (if you can understand the manual) you will be calling tech support for help and good luck finding that number!

This product is actually a four out of five stars. I gave it one star because Sony does not care about your satisfaction as a customer. Tech support spoke to me as though i was an interruption and could not be bother by me. I always have been taught that " Customer's are the reason for our work, not an interruption of our work." Sony does not understand that so thumbs down and shame on Sony!
on August 1, 2014
I really like this Blu-ray player. It is very compact in size and loads fast - but the most important thing for me it has an Ethernet connection. Many of the new players are coming with wireless built in - and no Ethernet connection. Wireless is ok - but when you really want fast streaming with no hesitation - copper is still the only way to go!
on August 6, 2015
Bought this but didn't use it right away because we were just to busy to watch a movie, but when we finally sat down to enjoy it, it only played about a half hour of the movie then froze. Wouldn't do anything, wouldn't open or turn off or let me skip. the DVD was stuck in it for days until it finally powered back on long enough to open then turned off again, never worked since! And since I waited to long to test it I can't get my money back :( waste. If u buy it test it right away!
on July 7, 2014
It did not come with a cable or cloth as noted in the product description. This was a disappointment since it was meant as a gift and instead of using the extra money to buy a Blu-ray, they had to use it to buy an hdmi cable instead.