- Brand Name: Sony
- Model Number: BDPS390
- Color: Black
- Item Display Weight: 3.75 pounds
Sony BDP-S390 Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi (Black)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc playback
- Media Remote app for iPhone/iPad & Android phones
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Sony BDP-S390 Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi (Black)
Enjoy Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc playback1 and your favorites from Netflix, Youtube, Pandora, Hulu Plus and more2 with the Sony BDP-S390 Blu-ray Disc Player. Wirelessly stream movies, TV shows, music and more, for an ultimate movie watching experience. Easily navigate and control your entertainment experience with your iPad/iPhone, or compatible Android phone using the free Sony "Media remote" app3.
With built-in Wi-Fi, you can easily connect to the Internet through your home's wireless broadband network.
Sony Entertainment Network
With the Sony Entertainment Network, you can instantly stream a wide variety of online movies, videos, TV shows, and music from Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Hulu Plus and more.2
Make movies more stunning Enjoy Blu-ray Disc movies in Full HD 1080p and upscale the visual quality of DVDs.1
Sony Media Remote App With the free Sony Media Remote app enjoy a full Qwerty keyboard and movie information search capabilities on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android phone or Sony Tablet.3
Multi-room music with Party Streaming Mode With the Sony BDP-S390, you can wirelessly stream music throughout the home to Sony Wireless Network speakers.4
Quick Start/Quick Load The BDP-S390 allows you to enjoy your movies within seconds with the Quick Start/Quick Load feature.
Life, easily shared Bring your favorite videos, photos and music to your TV with the easy-access USB input.6
Socialize The Socialize feature allows you to "Socialize" what you watch over Facebook and Twitter while you watch TV.
All Access Using DLNA you can wirelessly access music, videos and photos from your PC or other compatible Android device and stream them to your Blu-ray Disc Player6.
Throw your music and photos Photos and music from your Sony Tablet or other compatible Android device can be "thrown" directly to the BDP-S390 for enjoyment on your TV.7
Sound you can feel
Experience the highest sound quality with Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD codecs which reproduce high-definition sound with 7.1 channels of discrete audio for uncompromised quality.8
Learn more about your movies Get detailed movie information and search across Internet apps, including YouTube and Video Unlimited for related entertainment with Gracenote.
Sony 2012 Blu-ray and Streaming Player Comparison
|Universal Disc Playback ||✓|| |
|Built-in Wi-Fi1 ||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|HD Audio Decoding 2 ||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Quick Start & Loading||✓||✓||✓|
|3D in Full HD 1080p3 ||✓||✓|
|2D to 3D Up Conversion4 ||✓||✓|
|Dual Core Processor ||✓|
|HDMI Out (2)/ IR In ||✓|
|4K Upscaling5 ||✓|
|Super Bit Mapping ||✓|
|Internet Video Content Noise Reduction ||✓||✓||✓PRO|
Stream & Control
|Sony Entertainment Network1 ||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Media Remote App 6 ||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Sony Wi-Fi Network Speaker Compatible8 ||✓||✓|| |
|"Throw" Your Music and Photos9 ||✓||✓||✓|
|Gracenote with Cross Search10 ||✓||✓||✓|
|Skype on Your TV11 ||✓|
2. Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees. Wireless connectivity requires an 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended).
3. Applications must be downloaded from the iTunes or Android application store. Check Android market from your device for compatibility. Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network.
4. Requires Sony HomeShare compatible products and a home network.
5. Requires a home network with content stored on a DLNA compliant PC or server, and HomeShare network speaker, dock, or Blu-ray Disc player or home theater system. See dlna.org for compatibility.
6. Not all USB devices are supported. Please check Owner's Manual for compatibility.
7. Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network.
8. Requires HDMI cable and LPCM capable receiver.
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
First thing I did is to play a blu-ray disc, since this is the main reason of this purchase. Would have to give this function 5 stars. Plays flawlessly. Great picture. I choose the option during setup to always leave the machine in standby mode to start playback faster.
The second reason I purchased this player was for the ability to stream Amazon prime movies. Setup was simple and straightforward. Player gives you a code to register the device on the computer at Amazon's site. Have watched 4 or 5 movies now and they run perfectly even though the network settings in the option menu says I'm only getting a 20 to 40% connection rate. That had me a bit worried because I didn't want to see a lot of buffering while trying to watch a streaming video from Amazon. It doesn't appear to be a problem but if it becomes one I'm sending this back because my router's signal is more than powerful to reach the player.Read more ›
Aside from it playing Blu-Ray discs I use the player to view movies and TV shows from Amazon Instant streaming services which again, it does admirably (and access to the Amazon streaming library was one of my main reasons for this purchase). Since this was to be placed in my bedroom where I do not have the router I needed it to be wireless and as of yet have experienced no cutoffs in the connection.
Also, the selection of applications to use are excellent. I have made great use of the National Public Radio, Slacker, and Pandora apps. The Moshcam (to view recorded concerts of different music genres) was an unexpected and welcome surprise.Read more ›
1. Go to the network button (looks like an earth) on the player and choose the option that contains "register your device"
2. Let the player update the premium services, then it will give you a 5 digit registration code. Write this down.
3. Go to sony essentials (google it) on your computer and create an account and register your player using the 5 digit code from step 2.
4. Go back to the player and chose Amazon Prime, then choose to log in (as an option). It will give you a DIFFERENT 5 digit code (the one from step 2 does not work).
5. Go to either the premium service on the sony essentials website on your computer and click on the Amazon Instant Video link OR google "registering your sony device at amazon" and enter that five digit code from step 4 on the Amazon website in order to register your player.
6. Now you can simply choose Amazon Videos and then Amazon Prime Videos from the player to watch.
I found this confusing, since there are 2 five digit codes, one that the player tells you in order to register with Sony and then after that, a second code for registering the player with Amazon.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is better than having just a Roku or just a dvd player. Also cheaper than a roku. It has Netflx, hulu, amzon prime and a bunch off other streaming movie sites/apps built in... Read morePublished 13 days ago by Norbert
I've owned this player now for a few years. Used it successfully with my old-style "box" TV...streamed Netflix quite easily through it, as well as playing Blu-Ray and DVDs. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Rachel Geerlings
For the price, you can't compare, however it does load fairly slow when it boots up or even loads a movie, it still does a lot. Read morePublished 1 month ago by ThatSOBKenji
I have an older "smart" tv. I needed a new Blu-ray player and chose this one because I could access Amazon Prime with it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by T in AZ
Great little box. Didn't realize how powerful the WiFi feature was. Streaming from NETFLIX is very easy.Published 1 month ago by stealthpilot