Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 41-50 of 265 questions
vote
According to Sony's website and the description and reviews on Amazon..yes. I plan on buying it for that very reason as my TV and Apple TV do not offer Amazon video apps.
Jan 9, 2013 by E. Sikorski
votes
This is a DVD player, like a CD player, it produces a low level output that needs further amplification ( such as a receiver or amplifier ). If your Samsung is a home theater system , not just speakers themselves, it should work by cabling the BluRay player directly to your home theater system (preferred for audio) or directly to your TV inputs.
Oct 5, 2012 by Romans
votes
Of course, even on a non-hdtv. I put it on my Mom's old 2,000 lbs. LG Flatron, 37 inches, using a composite cable that comes with the BD player, no problems whatsoever, except maybe loosing some image from the sides because of the tv's 4:3 aspect ratio.
Feb 1, 2013 by Jose Juan Valenzuela Oliver
votes
Yes it does. You have to have an HDMI out in order to get the 1080P output to your Flat panel.
Jul 9, 2012 by G. Martin
votes
Interesting question and I was hoping for that myself, but looking at prices around on the net it seems that there are several other retailers (Best Buy included) that are offering this $50 "rebate" included in their price and also come in at around $94-100. The Amazon site does say that the rebate is included in the price and they also include a $20 video credit which reduces the value price of the unit to $74. Pretty good deal and puts this unit right at the price-point that I was looking for.
Feb 8, 2013 by Bruce E
votes
I'm still working on this but it appears that it will start at the point you left off if you put it in quick start mode. The unit will draw some power while off in this mode. For some reason this "feature" is not discussed in the manual nor did Sony support seem to know about it when I questioned them about whether the unit had any position memory. I will continue to investigate this and let you know what I find out. I'm amazed that position memory is not a standard feature in all DVD players. It was availale in my previous player and I used it all the time. By the way, Sony support suggested I use the fast-forward feature. Wish I'd though of that.
Sep 12, 2012 by Barbara E. Mills
votes
votes
It works with my 23 year old sony trinitron!
Aug 26, 2012 by Mrich257
votes
It appears Netflix does not have their entire library w/ subtitles. Based on a brief internet search, they plan an having their entire library subtitled by 2014. However, titles that do have subtitles can be accessed with this player.
Dec 19, 2012 by Jason
votes
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   27   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers