Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 2, 2012
This product is performing as advertised. I did not want to spend $1000 on a theater system for a $500 TV (which I recieved for fathers day - Panasonic 50" Plasma) The connections were very straight forward.. The "On Screen" set up went pretty well. Running Cable Television shows thru the Sony Audio made the sound better than the TVs speakers.. and When playing a DVD we were amazed at the quality of the sound coming out of those little speakers. Yeah I know you "Get what you pay for" well I did.. for around $400 I am very pleased with the results.. Perhaps somewhere in the future I will spend the "Big Bucks" on the Home Theater system but, for now this one will do just fine.. Thanks
on July 30, 2012
It's ok for the price. I bought Sony because I have a Sony TV and I like the way they integrate. Some Pro's: Small footprint, movie and sound quality seem ok to me, speakers are small, has FM, good WIFI connection for Pandora, excellent Sony quality. Some Con's: I don't like that the speakers are hard wired at the speaker and connected to the receiver via a jack connection - this means whatever speaker length Sony decided to give you for each speaker, that's it (without splicing, etc...), the Base always seem overpowering to me and you can't turn it down or off - at night I have to turn down all the receiver speakers and use the TV speakers so my kids can sleep while I'm watching a movie, also, my previous Sony Blu-ray player always seemed to know when the player was turned off, where it was supposed to resume when it powered up, this one doesn't seem to do that.

Suggestions: There are various sound modes that adjust the sound quality - it would be nice to have a user customizable mode. Also after using a TIVO back-lit remote, I wish all my remotes would operate that way since most times while I'm watching a movie it is dark and the lights are down low.

Bottom line, I thought it would be better, but I'm ok with it for the price paid.
on November 29, 2012
I bought this for Christmas for my husband (he got it early). It's awesome. The hulu and netflix "apps" on wifi are great. We already had subscriptions to both, but previously we had a computer hooked to our tv via an HDMI, and then an audio cable ran from the computer to our dvd aux imput for sound. There are only a handful of shows that we watch that aren't available via huluplus on the wifi enabled device rather than our computer, but for the ease of use this offers us, we have yet to go back to the computer to watch them. It has PLENTY of speaker cable length, and set up was pretty painless. The sound quality is what I love most though. I grew up the daughter of an AV guy, so I've been a little spoiled in that department. Our previous set up drove me nuts. At low volumes you could only hear the music and it was hard to make out the voices, but by the time you turned it up enough to hear the voices, it was a little too loud for our neighbors (we're in an apartment building) and not real awesome for our daughter who was sleeping on the other side of the wall. This has a night mode, that adjusts the sub woofer to a lower volume, and even at a quiet volume you don't lose sound quality. Startup can take a little longer if you don't opt for quick start up mode, however once you adjust it to quick start up, the home screen is up before my tv ever fully loads. We love the pandora app too, to be able to stream music without having to move our computer or ipods around the house.
on October 10, 2012
I am pleased with the overall product, however it is not as powerful as I expected it to be. It stated that the subwoofer was wireless, however it is not. Nevertheless I am pleased...for the price, it is acceptable
on February 20, 2013
Was very pleased with the quality of the sound. I installed in a small room and this unit is more than adequate with crisp treble and adequate bass from the subwoofer. Does not have all the custom features of a full surround amplifier but provides a good choice of sound modes and allows for setting of speaker distance etc.

I was surprised that Sony didn't provide more wire for the speakers. I could not position the rear/surround speakers with the short length of wire. The front speakers wires are even short if you have to go around furniture. The speakers all have quick connect fittings which is nice for fast set-up, but means you have to splice the connectors if you want to add additional wire. There should be 2-3 times the wire length. That being said, it really is a nice unit with quick set-up, excellent sound, and even good FM radio reception which was a feature I hadn't noticed when I ordered.
on December 12, 2012
This is the easiest Home Theater System I have ever had to set up. Plug the colored plug into the same color on the back of the system in that is it!! Took longer to unpack everything that it did to set up.
And the sound is great. Would recommend this to anyone!
on December 5, 2012
Wanted a basic home theater system and this one met my needs. The only thing I was disappointed on was the volume. The Phillips HTS3450 that I was replacing had the same RMS output, but the to me seemed way louder. I would still recommend this for someone with an apartment or small room. Sony could have made the length of the speaker wires longer (surround were 33ft and the left rear just made it to where I wanted it) or not use propritary terminals to allow adding more speaker wire.
on June 29, 2013
This system is not a true surround sound system but we really do like it. It enhances the sound sufficiently for our needs, which is primarily watching movies in a smaller-sized living room. The blu-ray player is fantastic. The only thing we don't like is if we stop a movie mid-play (not pause, but stop), the movie restarts from the beginning and you have to fast forward to your stopping point. It would also be great if the speakers were wireless. These are minor complaints - for the price, this is a good solid buy.
on October 5, 2012
nice Home Theater Systems, It's ok for the price. I bought Sony because I have a Sony TV and I like the way they integrate. Some Pro's: Small footprint, movie and sound quality speakers are small, has FM ,Sony Entertainment Network: Netflix, Pandora, & more with wired and wireless internet,with fewer messy network cables. Easy setup.
on March 25, 2015
This has worked PERFECTLY for us, and we have absolutely loved having it. HOWEVER, the last few months, it has started acting weird. The HDMI video feed began showing these red lines on our TV. To rule out the TV, we hooked up plenty of other devices and they were perfectly clear. We continued watching with the occasional red lines (almost like red fuzz sporadically jumping all over the screen), but then half the screen will flash white. The flashing white moves around and it super annoying. We ordered another HDMI cable thinking maybe the SONY brand HDMI was bad, but the new Amazon Basics HDMI is also showing the jumping red lines and white flashes. We had to switch to the yellow video cable in order to watch any TV, and it's definitely not ideal since we have come to love our HD TV watching. I don't know what the warranty for purchases on Amazon are, whether from Amazon or the manufacturer, but if anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate them. We've only had this 2 years. Do we just need to fix the HDMI port on the Bluray? How? I'm a little disappointed this product lasted only two years for us, and we don't necessarily put a lot of wear and tear on it.