5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent internet/3d tv for your avarage price
Pros: Colors, Resolution, Sharpness, Widgets
Cons: Gloss(for bright rooms), $$..should be less

I recently just got this and to be honest this is a downgrade since I have an XBR in the bedroom (small 32 inch) but just perfect for my living room.
Published on May 21, 2012 by zeke

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too good, not too bad
Was going for a HX929 but the price increase pushed it out of budget and I settled for HX750.
Published on May 1, 2012 by SylverCloud

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too good, not too bad, May 1, 2012
This review is from: Sony BRAVIA KDL46HX750 46-Inch 1080p 3D LED Internet TV (Black) (Electronics)
This is a decent TV and I found cnet review mostly right. Colours are too good. Watching NGC and Discovery HD is really a treat. Blacks are really black like an other reviewer noted and its incredibly good. Downside is lost shadow detail. Shadow detail is not less, it simply is gone. Dark areas of picture appear totally black with nothing in detail or texture whatsoever. Motion judder is noticeable in standard and smooth modes (which are the ones recommended for regular use). I had compared this one side-by-side with HX 9 series and the latter humbled this at contrast and depth. HX 929 is still probably the best bet. But I felt the difference in picture doesn't justify the huge premium for 9 series.

Overall, it might be a good TV, but overpriced for what it gives.

**Update**
I now painfully learn that what sony says in specs *youtube*, etc widgets have a fine print. That not the same youtube you would find in your browser. Its a server of videos from youtube, converted and reuploaded so that the TVs can play it. The regular browser cannot play even a single video on any website. Sony's explanation is that flash is not supported. This implies you cannot watch youtube live videos. Alas!
Its now been 50 days of usage and the unit is running absolutely fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent internet/3d tv for your avarage price, May 21, 2012
Pros: Colors, Resolution, Sharpness, Widgets
Cons: Gloss(for bright rooms), $$..should be less

This tv is exceptionally excellent with a sleek look that makes your living room so modern :D I am impressed on how the internet and widget tools are easily installed. Pretty easy and with Sony it already has Sony apps to rent/buy movies and it is also easy to setup for the ps3.
The picture quality is amazing. Obviously the XBR is much better but to be honest I can hardly tell that much difference.

The only drawback is the gloss and shadow if you have a bright room. Luckily my LR is pretty dark so its perfect with no flaw. If you like sports this tv is insane.

If you have a surround system it must be 5.1+ because it wont take white/red conponents for your basic speakers, needs to be optical if not you can always put it in headphones....

This has 4 hdmis and really light to lift.

If you can afford the price (should be 1200 imo) its an excellent sony tv that has more equal power than other competitors (LGs HD Cinema-Panasonic-Samsung-Sharp Quattro).

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted less than 60 days & it stopped working, December 26, 2012
BonJo (So. CA USA) - See all my reviews
Our sitch is similar to JDo who posted in June 2012

We bought this KDL-46HX750 along with the 55" model of the same, in late October 2012 and this 46" basically died the Friday before Christmas (2012). It began shutting off within a minute of being powered on...would power back up on its own, then shut off again...then the red LED light in the bottom left corner blinks 8 times, pauses, blinks 8 times, pauses, etc.

We immediately contacted support via email after finding no "fixes" on the Sony website. We received a reply with instructions to try "resetting" the TV, which we did but it didn't work. We were then told that it would need repair and that we had to Call Sony Support on a NON-800# (on OUR dime) & ONLY between the hours of 9:00 - 5:00 pm (ET) M-F. We called on that Monday following (on Christmas Eve) at 7:30 am PT and got a person who would not believe that we had already gone through the reset steps with the other support person via email. We had to do it all over again with this person. He was difficult to understand and was a bit arrogant. So far this buying experience sucks. We're now concerned that the 55" is going to do the same...if it does, it better occur during the warranty period.

What's somewhat funny, although sad too, is that we own a circa 1975 Sony Trinitron (dial-NO remote)that I got as a Christmas gift while in high school that still works! Instead of the rabbit ears, we've hooked it up to cable & a VCR to change the channels (we set the TV to channel 3).

We're waiting to get a call from a "local" repair person. Not too optimistic at this point, especially since it is the week of Christmas & many people will be calling customer support because they've found out their brand new Sony TVs that they got for Christmas are junk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sony Value in their Lineup, December 28, 2012
I bought this from Amazon around Thanksgiving when I wasn't expecting to have to buy a new tv. My previous 40" Sony Z series screen just died unexpectedly and the repairman said it would be $1594.00 to put a new one in. So I researched the sources to get this one which was the same quality level as the Z series and saved $500.00 over the repair cost! Its also 6" bigger diagonally. The picture quality is beautiful and I really can't tell the difference between this one and the 55" HX 850 I bought earlier this summer. Fits nicely in the spot of the old 40 ". Everywhere I went to ask opinions of salespeople about Sony vs. Samsung everyone said they would by Sony with their own money. I might add that this was the first time I've bought an item like a TV on Amazon but it was easy and very quick ( 2days even though I didn't pay for 2 day ship). I wouldn't hesitate to do it with them again.Sound on this model is actually better than my HX 850.Bigger, somewhat front facing speakers at the bottom of the tv. Think this is the best bang for your Sony buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - perfect picture even without tweaking, September 3, 2012
Bought an LG but ran into the same probem many others had that the LG Truemotion is not really on the 2012 LG sets yet despite thier advertising. Couldn't wait for the LG firmware upgrade (some people waiting 6 months) so I tried the 46" Sony HX750 instead. WOW - no comparison. The Sony was more expensive but worth every penny. Sports are incredibly clear, etc. I also use the variable output jack on the Sony to feed directly into a subwoofer. Really adds depth to the TV speakers. Can only do that with Sony (only ones offering the variable audio output). Thanks Sony and thanks Amazon for a great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, no bleeding, June 22, 2012
Bob (Michigan) - See all my reviews
Sony back on track after lackluster 2011 screen quality. My set has no bleeding, no flashlights, perfect picture. The netflix bugs are fixed... no lag, stuttering, time outs etc. GREAT TV.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great TV from Sony, March 23, 2013
Hal (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
I bought this TV to replace my 2008 Sony XBR 40" model. I wanted to get a larger screen and also to have 3D capability. I am a big Sony fan, so this was perfect opportunity for me. This (46") TV is no.longer offered by Sony, so now was the time to buy and get a great price. This TV has a really great picture. Setup was easy, as it was the same as my old Sony TV. There two issues which prevents me from giving it 5 stars. The online TV guide does NOT work because the company that used to broadcast it over the air no longer does so. If you hook the TV up to the internet (I am told by Sony support) you can get the guide information. The speakers are just awful as the sound has no bass or richness at all. I have fixed this problem by buying an "under the TV" Dolby sound system. In spite of these two issues, I love the TV and the picture quality just can't be any better. I am limited in the screen size I can use in my living room (50" max) so this 46" Sony was just the thing. I would recommend this TV highly. If you're thinking about buying it, you might not want to wait until they are sold out!

I am updating my review, now that I have had time to use my TV for a while. I connected it with the Internet and that made all the difference in the world! The TV updated its' software and many new/improved features were added. Plus now I can access many things on the Internet for free! I have also had the opportunity to try out the 3D mode and it is just great!! I just wanted to update my review to say that I am so very glad I bought this Sony TV and would recommend it to everyone. Buy it, you won't regret it!! Also, the online TV guide now works, just as Sony told me it would! Get this TV and connect it to the Internet..

5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV I ever purchased, July 20, 2013
Love it! Works perfectly. I am just a regular TV viewer so I cant give all of the technical aspects of this TV. Clearest hi-def screen I have ever seen. Internet capabilities are wonderful. I use to stream movies like Netflix, Hulu, etc. 3D looks awesome. Works seamlessly with playstation gaming system. Its quite an entertainment experience. Money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp and amazing picture, May 23, 2013
This is the 3rd Sony Bravia that I've purchased. Each one consistently provides a first-class TV experience. The picture is crisp and clear, the 240 Hz minimizes any refresh-rate issues. When I watch football, I feel like I'm in the huddle. Realizing that the audio features of the Bravia are "lack-luster", I supplemented each installation with a version of a Bose sound system. This combination creates a VERY NICE television watching experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV, March 3, 2013
I shopped for this TV for months. The open box "like new" along with the Square Trade Warranty was a good . The TV was in excellent shape and I am very happy with it.