From the Manufacturer
Additionally, this top-of-the-line EX Series model also offers Sony's newest video processor (Bravia Engine 3), a thin LED-backlit display, ability to connect to the Internet wirelessly via an optional Wi-Fi adapter, and instant streaming (via Wi-Fi or Ethernet) of Internet video and music content using apps from Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, Slacker, and more.
This 46-inch EX700 (model KDL-46EX700) comes with 7 HD inputs (4 HDMI, 2 component and 1 PC) so you can take full advantage of all your HD components. It also includes a removable table stand, allowing you to mount this HDTV to your wall with optional VESA hardware. The EX700 series also comes in 32-inch, 40-inch, 52-inch and 60-inch models (see a comparison of all BRAVIA EX Series HDTVs below).
Experience the beauty of Full HD 1080p (see larger image).
The BRAVIA EX700 offers 7 HD inputs, including 4 HDMI ports (with 2 easily accessible on the side), as well as an Ethernet port and compatibility with Wi-Fi networking.
Motionflow 120Hz Technology: Experience smooth motion detail and clarity with Motionflow 120Hz technology. Motionflow 120Hz technology doubles the frame rate from the standard 60 frames per second and applies Image Blur Reduction technology to deliver a crisp, fluid and realistic viewing experience during fast-action scenes.
- Edge LED backlight: Enjoy a slim design plus amazing dynamic contrast with an Edge LED backlight.
Full HD 1080p Resolution: Experience Full HD 1080p picture quality, the highest at-home resolution, and take full advantage of HD sources like a Blu-ray Disc Player or PlayStation3 gaming console via the 16:9 wide screen panel (1920 x 1080).
- Ambient Sensor: Get a natural looking picture whether you are watching movies late at night or playing video games during the day with an Ambient Sensor that automatically adjusts the picture color based on a room's lighting.
BRAVIA Engine 3: Enjoy sharp, vibrant, life-like images while optimizing color and contrast and significantly reducing noise with the BRAVIA Engine 3 fully digital processor.
- Wi-Fi Adapter Ready: Enjoy the convenience of wireless connectivity for your home entertainment network and make accessing your online entertainment--including movies, photos, music, videos and more--even easier (Wi-Fi dongle required; sold separately).
BRAVIA Sync Compatible: Conveniently operate and control other BRAVIA Sync compatible devices--including BRAVIA HDTVs, Blu-ray Disc Players, surround sound systems, Handycam camcorders and Cyber-shot digital still cameras, all with one remote control.
- 7 HD Inputs: Get versatile HD connection options with seven HD inputs, including four HDMI inputs to connect a Blu-ray Disc player, PlayStation3 gaming console or any other HDMI-capable equipment. Two HD component inputs provide added HD-capable connectivity in addition a PC input (HD-15 pin) lets you use your HDTV as a computer monitor.
24p True Cinema: Movies consist of 24 images per second, and cannot be faithfully reproduced on conventional televisions, resulting in unnatural, jerky movements. But 24p True Cinema displays the 24 progressive images as they should be, in the same sequence as the original film source. Now, you can recreate the visual clarity of cinema-quality movies in the comfort of your own home.
- LightSensor Technology: Automatically increase or decrease the level of brightness of your TV's backlight based on a room's lighting conditions with the integrated LightSensor technology. Dim the lights to watch a movie and the sensor dims the backlight, which also helps reduce unnecessary power consumption.
BRAVIA Internet Video: Instantly stream a wide variety of movies, TV episodes, videos and music from a large selection of entertainment apps including: Netflix, YouTube, Slacker, and more.
- Presence Sensor: Save energy with an HDTV that turns the picture off when you’re not in the room, leaving only the audio on. After 30 minutes of no motion the audio is turned off and the TV automatically goes into stand-by mode.
- Energy Saving Switch: Eliminate standby power consumption without having to unplug your TV. Simply turn the Energy Saving Switch to off position and the TV no longer draws energy from the power source.
- USB port for photos, music and video playback: Share your photos on the big screen, listen to your favorite music, or watch videos encoded in MPEG format. Simply connect your digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device directly to the HDTV's USB input.
- VESA-compatible hole spacing uses an industry-standard mounting-hole pattern that can be used with VESA-compliant mounting brackets, taking the guesswork out of selecting the proper hardware for hanging your TV on the wall.
- Swiveling stand with up to 20 degrees of swivel for both left and right.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- TV with stand: 44.125 x 28.75 x 11.125 inches (WxHxD); 47 pounds
- TV without stand: 44.125 x 27.5 x 2.625 inches (WxHxD); 40 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- HDMI: 4 (2 side, 2 rear) with HDMI PC input capabilities
- Component: 2 (both rear; 1 fixed and 1 selectable)
- Composite A/V: 2 (1 side, 1 rear)
- RF: 1
- Ethernet: 1
- USB 2.0: 1 (side)
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1 (rear)
- Digital audio output: 1 optical (rear)
- Analog audio output: 1 (rear)
- Analog audio inputs: 4 (1 side, 3 rear)
What's in the Box
Sony BRAVIA EX700 Series HDTV, power cord, remote control (RM-YD033) with batteries, table top stand with hardware, quick setup guide, operating instructions
- Display resolution: Full HD 1080 (1920 x 1080)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Viewing angles: 178 degrees horizontal/vertical
- Backlight type: LED
- Dynamic backlight control: Yes
- Dynamic contrast ratio: High
- Power Consumption (On Mode) for Energy Star: 125W
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode) for Energy Star: 0.17W
- Speakers: 20 watts total (10W x 2)
- 5.1-channel audio out: Yes
- Dolby: Dolby Digital
- Sound mode: Dynamic, Standard, Clear Voice
- Sound effect: Cinema, Music, Live Sports, Game
- USB applications: Photo Viewer (jpeg), Music Player (mp3), Video Player (mpeg1), Video Player (mpeg2 TS)
- On-screen display for external input: Yes
- PIP (Picture in Picture): PC Input(HD15/HDMI) & TV Channel/CVBS/(HDMI)/ (Component)
- Auto Picture setting with HDMI: Cinema, Sport, Music, Photo, Graphics, Game
- Scene select: Auto, Cinema, Sports, Photo, Music, Game, Graphics, General
- Parental control: Yes
- Multi-lingual display: English, French, Spanish
- Info banner: TV Guide on Screen, PSIP, XDS
- Edit channel labels: Yes
- VESA hole pattern: 300 x 300
|BRAVIA EX Series||EX700||EX600||EX500||EX40B||EX400|
|BRAVIA Engine 2|
|BRAVIA Engine 3|
|BRAVIA Internet Video|
|Energy Saving Switch|
|Integrated BD Player|
|Wireless LAN Ready|
| With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.