Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Sony Bloggie Touch Camera, 4-Hour (Black)” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 46% off the $199.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Sony Bloggie Touch Camera, 4-Hour (Black)
- Screen Size: 3"
- Image Stabilization: Yes
- Optical Zoom: Not Available
- Digital Zoom: 4 x
- Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||2.7 x 4.9 x 2.7 inches|
|Item Weight||0.28 pounds|
|Media Format Digital Video||SD|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||13|
|Shipping Weight||0.5 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Internal (NP-SP70 3.6V)|
|Video Capture Format||h.264|
|Video Capture Resolution||1920 x 1080|
From the Manufacturer
Bloggie Touch CameraA touch of brilliance
Tap into the action with a 3-inch capacitive-touch screen, 12.8-megapixel stills and web-friendly 1080p HD video.
Hands-on happinessThe name of the game here is simplicity. Slide your finger across the large, 3-inch capacitive-touch screen and view your photos and videos with ease. The no-nonsense menu system and helpful icons are a joy to behold.
Straight up versatilityNo matter how you hold the camera, you get a clear view of the action just the way you like it. Hold it vertically for taller shots, or hold it horizontally for wider angles. The choice is yours.
Take stills while shooting videoShoot high quality photos even while shooting high-def, video. For instance, let's say while you're shooting video, you decide that it would also make a great still shot. Just press the shutter and you got it.
Easy shooting. Easy sharingNow you can record and share those must-see moments easier than ever. Every Bloggie captures HD video and fits right in your pocket. Best of all, uploading your videos to the internet is a cinch.
ShootWhen fun happens, your Bloggie is there. Shoot life's must-see, must-share moments in beautiful high definition.
|Full HD 1080P Video |
Capture beautiful, 1080P video in the web-friendly MP4 format, perfect for uploading to sites like YouTube. The handy HDMI out even lets you watch videos on your HDTV.
4x Digital Zoom
Zoom in with a 4x digital zoom that brings the action to you. There's even an Auto-Macro mode for incredible close-ups from just four inches away.
|Razor Sharp Stills |
Capture up to 12.8-megapixel stills with impeccable detail for cropping shots or large prints. You can even use the Dual Record feature and simultaneously take pictures while shooting video.
Got shaky hands? SteadyShot image stabilization technology is built in to help reduce blur, making your videos and photos look even better.
ConnectOnce you've caught the magic on your Bloggie, it's time to connect your compatible Mac, PC or HDTV where you can do so much more.
|Built in USB Arm |
No cables needed. Just flip out the built-in USB arm and connect directly to your computer. It charges the camera, too
Share it Later
Tag videos and images on your Bloggie while on the go and mark them for upload to your favorite internet sharing sites the next time the camera is connected to a computer.
|HDMI Out |
Just connect an HDMI mini cable (sold separately) and you can enjoy video from your Bloggie on your compatible HDTV.
ShareWhy keep the fun to yourself? Connect to your world and share your experiences with friends and family.
|Share Privately |
Save the good stuff for your inner circle. Personal Space by Sony gives you free private sharing with friends and family when used with the built-in Bloggie software.
|Share Publicly |
Using the built-in Bloggie software, you can share your videos and photo with a few clicks. The Bloggie makes posting to your favorite social network sites a snap.
PC Magazine AwardAn Editor's Choice
Voted as PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Winner for its excellent video quality, still image shooter, and big touch-enabled LCD, along with a variety of options enough to satisfy users.
Compare all Bloggies
Bloggie 3D Camera
Bloggie Touch Camera
Bloggie Duo Camera
|Key Feature ||3D Video and still image recording capability ||Capacitive touch screen ||Second LCD for Self-recording ||Slim design |
|HD Video ||1920x1080p MP4 ||1920x1080p MP4||1920x1080p MP4||1920x1080p MP4|
|Still Images ||5MP ||12MP ||5MP||5MP|
|HD Record Time ||Up to 4 hours ||Up to 4 hours||Up to 2 hours||Up to 2 hours|
|Recording & Playback on ||2.4-inch LCD Vertical/horizontal ||3.0-inch LCD Vertical/horizontal||2.7-inch LCD Vertical/horizontal||2.7-inch LCD Vertical/horizontal|
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
1. Love the quick on and record. Great for spontaneous videos of the little one.
2. The touch screen interface makes it both useful and fun to use the big screen.
3. The still pictures come out brilliant, when the lighting and focus is good.
4. The battery charges up super fast and stays with you for a whole day of shooting.
5. The image stabilization is good. You can take decent video while walking around and panning too. Note that it is not optical, but electronic SteadyShot stabilization.
6. The lens is very good quality and the pictures are crisp.
7. Really like the "snap picture while recording" feature. I find myself using that feature the most. The video doesn't stall while the picture (full 12M resolution) is being taken and since the focus and exposure are usually locked well while you're in the middle of the video, the pictures come out great.
1. In low lighting, there is quite a bit of graininess and using the digital zoom makes it much worse.
2. While the lens is good quality, the auto-focus mechanism is really very slow. If you move around the camera too much before focus has locked on, the auto-focus will almost never lock.
3. What I really miss with this camera is a flash. Even a tiny one would help with low light pictures.
4. Minor annoyance: to preview a picture right after you take it, you have to go through at least two clicks. Sony could have designed it so that it always goes to the last picture taken by default, instead of the thumbnail list of all pictures/video on the device.Read more ›
This little camcorder/camera has a glass face that provides most of the functions with the exception of an one/off button, camera button and another button for start/stop video recording. There is an initial set up prompt menu when you first start the device and a demo video that gets you all excited that you immediately want to play with it!
Pros of this device
1) camera provides photo size of 12megap, 8m, or 2m
2) movie size 1080 (30p), 720 (60p), 720 (30p)
3) camera self timer (2 or 10 minutes)
4) zoom touch
5) camera has a single face recognition
6) delete and view of saved items very easy to navigate
7) mini hdmi to allow view to television
8) auto focus , not fastest response, but if panning slowly, it works great
9) a USB that is neatly stored in body of camera
10) allows for a mini tripod to be attached
11) for each of the saved photo/movie youncan tag it to you tube, facebook, flickr, and prelabeled email addresses.
12) the picture will rotate likemit is an iPhone/touch!
13) volume adjust on playback is great and picks up voices very well.
14) weighs less than iphone4
Con: you have to buy a separate pouch! Does get warm after using for half an hour continuously. This can only be used with windows and is not compatible to Mac! Hmm, not good.( update as of February 2011, software is now available to Mac users to allow download to a MAC!Read more ›
|Length: 6:55 Mins|
#2: problem with the focus. I've had to do a lot of fiddling around to get it to attempt to focus on anything. Otherwise it would just continue to film unfocused, which is odd. I'm fine with a moment or two to get oriented, but it was just straight up not bothering.
#3: I recorded some 1080 video, and it did not play well on my computer. So far I cannot get the sound/video to sync together which is very frustrating. I'm guessing this is all because my laptop is a couple years old and really not made to play 1080 video. So I think that setting will only turn out to be useful for watching on the tv. Otherwise for facebook uploads and online viewing, I'm going to record in 720 from now on.
Otherwise, it's fairly easy to use, most of it is just common sense. Not too many buttons to get lost in. It will depend which way you're more comfortable holding the camera too, I like holding it vertically but for those horizontal people, this will work well for them. The plus side to holding it this way is that you'd also most likely use two hands, which will stabilize it and make your video less shaky.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not a lot of use yet but appears to be exactly as advertised.Published 3 months ago by Timothy Hunt
This is quite simply the best video camera I have ever owned—indeed, ever seen. I used to be a professional video editor and subsequently had a lot of expensive video gear—Mini-DV... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Durknit Pentex
LOVE this product. Shipped fast, well built, and works exactly as described. I would highly recommend this product.Published 4 months ago by Bryan K Vibert
dont buy from this buyer even by mistake! product looks worse than a chewed up cellphone!Published 5 months ago by BlackHole
For anyone wondering about the Sony Bloggie Touch Camera 4-Hours and how long it can record this is what you need to know. Read morePublished 6 months ago by RenRei00
Almost perfect, as in store bought. Very well kept. No complaints.Published 8 months ago by Rafael Medina