Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on August 9, 2013
This was our # 5 sony tv's in twelve years and the worse one for picture uality. HD very varable and not consitent at all. We will try another Sony through your same seller and hopefully we'll have better luck. We'll try Sony's KDL-554000A this time supposedly better ratings but quite a bit more money unfortunately. Hopefully it will be abetter tv
on October 3, 2010
Quite possibly one of the best TV's that money can buy. The black levels, non-dynamic contrast ratios, picture quality are all the best I've ever seen - and I edit video for a living. The added bonus features of being able to directly-access Netflix, YouTube, and Pandora right from within the TV's menu's is a HUGE bonus for me -- completes negates the media center PC I used to have running next to my TV in my living room. It's ability to pass-through 5.1 DTS HD audio via an optical audio out-port is also a major plus when using those aforementioned features.

I would recommend though (and you likely already know this) -- don't buy this, such an awesome/expensive, television unless you indeed to watch ample amounts of Bluray content on it. TV is broadcast only in 720p or 1080i... and you're not getting the most out of this Bravia. I likely watch one or two Blurays a week (on top of HD cable/downloaded movies)... so for me, it was a worthwhile investment.

If you watch Blurays... buy this set.
on July 16, 2012
Have been using this TV every day (5-6 hour/day usage) for over a year and a half now. No problem at all.

only thing you will notice is that: if you leave TV 100% power off (i turn off the main switch for TV, no stand by) and turn on again, the computer chip will start downloading updates to TV guide and other apps, so it takes a minute or two before it becomes fully operational. Which means you will experience delay and glitch during that time. However, if you don't have the habit of turning off the main switch for TV, you won't notice this at all.

TV comes with 4-5 HDMI and component, just go IKEA and get a 60inch TV stand for <$30, you are all set!
on December 10, 2012
TV delivered on time and has been using for the last two years without any issues. Sony has a true rich colors scheme. Only one little negative is the speakers' sound is not that loud eventhough volume has been cranking up to maximum limit.
on February 12, 2011
First off the shipping was amazing. The freight company called me the next day, and I had it 2 days later. Hand delivered, they helped me unbox it (this is important! the box was HUGE) and plug it in to make sure it worked. Thumbs up!

The picture is stunning. So much sharper than my old RPTV. I do notice some color degradation at extreme angles on side viewing.. it dims a bit and the colors go off a little (red turns to pink-ish). Again, this is only viewing from the sides... if I had wall mounted this to get it right next to the wall I don't think it would have been a problem. Straight on picture viewing is great.

The screen is kind of semi-reflective. Not super glossy like most flat panels, but not matte either like my old RPTV. This is a slight problem because my kitchen is behind my living room. If someone is in the kitchen with the lights on cooking, I can see their reflection. Not bad while watching TV but a dark movie is more noticeable. I looked at every big screen tv at the stores and the Sony's are the ONLY lcd tv's that are not super mirror reflective. Glad I went with this one.

I cannot comment on the speaker sound because I never use them. I do everything through an amp and speakers.

I'm happy and the wife likes it. I would do it again.
on August 19, 2010
It seems that the Amazon price increased since I purchased my TV. I paid 2,384.91 on 07/29/2010 but not through Amazon. I decided to go to my local Best Buy store versus doing an online purchase. Best Buy was able to come down over $300 and meet the Amazon price, but they had to order the TV and it took a week to get it in. I also purchased the extended warranty with Geek Squad support which is a percentage of the TV's cost. Thus, I paid less for the warranty by having Best Buy meet the Amazon price.

I sit 14 feet away from the TV. The 60 inch screen seems to be a good size and I wouldn't want anything smaller. My former TV was a 65 inch 9 1/2 year old Sony rear projection behemoth, but it never required any maintenance. However, the picture quality on this new 60 inch LCD/LED is much better... it's really great. I watched the noon news today and was amazed at the poor makeup job of one of the news anchors. Recently, on a trip, I was able to watch about 5 hours of programs on a new 110 inch Epson HD projection TV. The Epson was really nice, however (IMO), the picture quality of this Sony 60 inch LCD/LED is Slightly better. I was also able to watch a golf game and some other sports on three new Samsung 37 inch LCD/LED TVs. All three of the 37" Samsung TVs had perfect pictures (really amazing), and I will have to admit that the picture quality seemed Sharper on these 37" Samsungs than my new 60 inch Sony. Then again, I would think that a 37" LCD/LED would be better than any 55" or 60" LCD/LED and, especially, better than any 110 or 120" HD projection TV.

The speakers on this 60" Sony sound fine but I have to crank up the volume on them... they're a little weak, but what can you expect on a TV that is so thin and weights only 60 pounds. However, I hooked up my old Bose Lifestyle 50 System to the TV and it sounds great. BTW- I bought a new PS3 blu ray to replace my old DVD player as well.
on April 7, 2011
Shipping was great, they unpacked it and placed it where I said. Turned it on, looked great.... then the next day I noticed a thin red line ( about an eighth of an inch thickness) from top to bottom on the left of the screen. Would not go away, picture was fine despite the red line. After 3 days for hoping it would disappear, called Sony, they said to contact a local Sony authorized repair facility, which I did. They came out to take it in for repair, they said it needs a new "panel" and it should take 2 weeks and they would bring it back. They said it would not cost me a penny because it is under Sony warranty. If you google this issue, you will find it is a common problem, this has been on-going for 2 to 4 years. Buyer beware! If you wait for the newer model to come out, will that have a bad panel?
on November 29, 2012
The 720p shows look terrible on this tv. My father in law has a newer Sony Bravia HDTV and the 720p shows look amazing on his tv. I always thought 720p content was crap until I saw it on a real tv. Fox NFL games and the MLB Network are incredible looking on the newer Sony Bravia tv's. 1080i shows do look good on this tv, however, on a newer Sony and Sharp tv's, the picture on this set doesn't even compare, not even close! I can't wait to sell this and get a 70 - 90" tv. Maybe a Sony or even better a Sharp. Don't buy this tv.
on July 21, 2010
Delivery was within the time frame. Two gents brought it in. opened the box, plugged it in, fired it up & the Sony experience began. I graduated from an eight-month, five days a week TV repair course @ Mass Trades Shops school in 1950. Believe me when I say that we've come a long way since then. No doubt there is a long road ahead for improvements in TV land but this is the best TV on the market today. 3D TV is available but I'll wait 'til it is viewable to the bare eye. I'm sure that it not going to reach that landmark for the foreseeable future so I'm going to be seated in my recliner, ingesting ice-cream & enjoying the programs in HTDV on this truly-awesome 2D TV for more than a few years.
on January 15, 2011
Happy with the TV overall - does have light blooming and clouding which is only noticeable when you look at the empty black screen with the room completely dark. Will be keeping it because ALL edge-lit LCD TVs have this problem to some extent and if you try to exchange it or buy a new brand/model you may end up getting a TV with worse blooming and clouding than what you already have.

See 1 answered question