Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 1, 2010 7:28:38 PM PST
E3Racer says:
Just got the Bravia 52XBR9 delivered friday and now, monday night (2-1-10), the left half of the screen has RGB colored vertical lines. It's definitely the TV, not Cable, cables, or interference. 6th Ave (seller) is sending a tech out, but after doing some web-researching, I'm finding out this is an ongoing prob with Sony's HDTVs that has been going on now forut 3 years now.
Do this search: "sony lcd vertical lines stripes" or "sony bravia vertical lines in screen" w/o quotes, of course, and you will see what I mean. If I get a choice I will change brands in a heartbeat!
I suggest staying away from these, which is too bad because the picture is awesome and their old non-HDTV's are the best. I actually may be hooking up the old 28" inch Sony w/old digi Cablevision box 'til this is resolved. Most of the complaints I've read about occur when the TV is around 18-24 months old. The extended warr. we got is for 24 months, so this could be a recurring issue down the road...
Needless to say, I'm MASSIVELY PO'd!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Feb 1, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 1, 2010

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sony BRAVIA XBR Series KDL-52XBR9 52-Inch 1080p 240 Hz LCD HDTV, Black
Sony BRAVIA XBR Series KDL-52XBR9 52-Inch 1080p 240 Hz LCD HDTV, Black by Sony
3.7 out of 5 stars   (111)