Sony CMTBX20i Micro Hi-Fi Shelf System (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Compact micro hi-fi system
- Built-in iPod dock
- Front-loading CD player,Disc Capacity : 1
- Audio In for use with other media players
- Fluorescent display
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
*Great looking in basic black, fits (style-wise and otherwise, it's also quite small) into anyone's living/bed room or office. Nice bright, clear, easy to read display.
*Solid Sony construction and quality. Materials and assembly are first rate. Lots of metal where it counts (the outer case, e.g.)
*Operation is straightforward and relatively simple. I learned basic functions in 5 minutes, and seldom needed to consult the fold-out style minimalistic manual.
*Sound is clear and accurate, and volume is ample enough to fill a typical room. Very little distortion or clipping even near top volume.
*Has controls or all basic functions on top of unit as well as remote, so you can still use it when you can't find your remote. Remote operation is intuitive AND logical. No stupid gimmick functions no one ever uses to get in the way, but does what it needs to do from across the room.
*iPod mounts atop unit (unit charges iPod whenever connected). Slides in easily. Easy to view iPod display. Position is practical; iPod does NOT tend to get in way or fall out as they do on a number of other like systems/docks. There is another jack for additional input (like connect to an Apple Airport Express/Extreme to run Airtunes and listen to Pandora/streaming or tracks in non-iPod formats). As with most docks, will not mate positively with iPod in a case (that is a limitation of Apple's design though).
*Plays custom MP3 CDs, including displaying ID3 tags.Read more ›
1. Good sound. 50w total power makes a big difference compared with lower rated shelf systems. It will definitely fill a room without putting it on maximum volume.
2. Elegant design and white display. Shows clock when unit is powered off on standby.
3. Controls are easy to figure out on unit and on remote control.
4. CD is sliding tray type on the front. Not the top loading type with a button in the center. I hate those.
5. Headphones jack is in the front where I want it.
Be aware though, that the "EQ" is really just treble and bass controls from -4 to +4. There is no balance control. This was not really a disappointment. The sound is great.
What I didn't like was minor:
1, The rear of the particle board speakers is not painted like the black enclosure. Depending on where you place the system it might not look as nice. You could always paint them yourself. I put mine where you won't see this. If you put these speakers on a shelf, you won't notice.
2. The supplied AM antennae is ok, but the FM antenna is just a single wire that attaches to a coax terminal. I could not get much reception where I put the unit. But that's much better than systems that just have a single non-detachable wire coming out. Because, with the coax terminal I attached a $10 RCA FM/VHF/UHF antennae which works fine.
All in all I still give it 5 stars because it does the job for me with no headache.
After buying ten of thousands worth of Sony products, I think I'm done with Sony after this. Forget the PSP for my kids, I'll get the four of them iPod touches instead.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This unit shuts itself off occasionally and you have to pull the plug and plug it back in, but other than that it works great. I use it primarily as audio in for my TV. Read morePublished 16 days ago by T. Parrent
Still in the box. Listened to it. It bumps and has great sound. Now if she can find a place for it.Published 3 months ago by Paul Williamson
We've had this for about 2 years now. No problems, no issues. Content with the product.Published 7 months ago by T. N. W.
Loved this system until it simply stopped working today, so it's not worth the price I paid.Published 8 months ago by Stacia Thaxton
Very good system except for the cheap speakers. I already had other speakers and when I set them up, everything was great.Published 9 months ago by Louis P Bresner
Have had this in the kitchen since 2009. Still going strong. It gets a lot of use.
Radio reception is good. Overall sound is above average. Read more