4.0 out of 5 stars Sony card is both slow and fast
Many reviewers of the Sony UHS SD card had opposite evaluations of its speed; some considered it as extremely fast, while others considered it even slower than old SD cards. And both camps are correct. If you put this card into a USB 2 card reader, its write speed will be between 8 and 10 Mb/s, which is slower than even that of some class 6 cards, like SanDisk extreme...
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Under 9MB/s write speed. Slowest 32GB SDHC card
I took a chance on this Sony 32GB SDHC UHS-1 card despite the lack of review. I was tempted by the "Supports up to 94MBs transfer speed" statement. I just received this card today and I can't believe how terrible the write speed is.. It is less than 9MB/s write speed (equivalent to 60X) As a comparison, I have an old Kingston 2GB 50X Elite Pro SD card from 5 years ago...
Published on April 25, 2012 by Timothy Lam

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Three test configurations, three vastly different results. Bottom line: This card is true to the claim, September 11, 2013
This review is from: Sony 16GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card (SF16UX/TQ) (Personal Computers)
It is confusing to see that some reviewers complain about slow speed while others seem absolutely satisfied. No. It is not because some people received defective products. I will show you why and how you also can get the best of this card with only a small investment in hardware.

My test system: Dell XPS Studio with i7-920 processor. The original system supports only USB 2.0. Test software: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0.2.

First test: the card reader that comes with the system. Result: 13.5MB/s Read, 9.9MB/s Write.
Second test: Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K) plugged into a USB 2.0 port. Result: 35MB/s Read, 29MB/s Write.
Third test: Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K) plugged into a USB 3.0 port on PCIExpress add-on board. Result 93MB/s Read, 44MB/s Write.

Now you see why reviewers were all over the places. But the bottom line is that this card is true to the advertised speed.
If you are experiencing speed slower than 20MB/s speed, it is mostly likely that your card reader does not support UHS-1. The $8.55 Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (B009D79VH4 will solve that problem. If your system does not have USB 3.0, the $8 USB 3.0 PCIExpress card (B008R535MU will increase the speed by 3x over USB 2.0. For less than $17 investment, you will be able to greatly improve the data transfer speed to a fast memory card as well as any USB 3.0-capable peripherals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 21, 2012
This card is rediculously fast. I had a class 8, but this thing leaves it in the dust. Photos load to Lightroom faster than any other card I have used. Well done Sony.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, December 2, 2012
Jaq (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
Bought this puppy to throw in my Wii for extra storage. Works great! No complaints and I have more room than I'll probably ever fill up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, June 14, 2013
Using this in a Raspberry-Pi and it works fine.
It does seam to boot faster with this one than my older class 6 card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast write speeds. Able to use the full (10fps) capability of the carmera, May 29, 2013
So far this memory card has worked very well. We are able to shoot 10fps without any problems; very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing speed... trusted brand., May 5, 2013
When I buy memory cards, there are exactly two things that matter to me.

1. Reliability... this is the most important thing. When I record something, I need to know I can trust that the files are safe.

2. Speed... Nobody wants a slow card. It can ruin your footage, plus it can make it hard to either play back or upload to your computer.

That said, this card delivers both... It's a Class 10 UHS-1 card... which to me is a bogus "standard", because there are plenty of Class 10 cards that are not even 30% as fast as this one. This card clocks in at 94MB/s... that's fast!

As for reliability, I know it's made by Sony, and that's a brand I can trust.

5.0 out of 5 stars 60D Worthy, April 13, 2013
Works great for my Canon 60D. I don't have to wait for my camera to write the image to the disk - no buffer with shutter driving shots. I also haven't lost any images or video while using this card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Hacked GH2, March 16, 2013
The Forums say that the sandisk extreem 95mbps card is best but for the price and quality this 94 is doing the job with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, March 15, 2013
I use this card for High Definition Audio Recording on a 24 Track Multichannel Recorder. More specifically a Tascam DP24. This card works great for me, I've had no read errors, or problems transferring data, and I've had no issues with freeze ups, like some people see when using cheaper, or lower classed cards on the Tascam DP24. I can shuttle information from my recorder to my PC for outboard mastering, and mixing, and back again when I'm ready to burn to disc, or finish a project. I'll also have to try this card in my Digital camera down the road to see how much better a class 10 card works, than my class 4 card I currently have. But until then, I have no experience using this with a camera, and won't pretend that I do. This card works for what I need it for, so it's 5 stars from me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Back Up for Video, March 12, 2013
Purchased during an Amazon special buy for the price can't beat it. Haven't noticed any speed issues, made for video. Now have a solid hour of 1080p and high speed video backup for my t3i.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›