Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony Computer Entertainment PS VITA Car Adaptor
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

VINE VOICEon January 9, 2014
The Vita, unfortunately, requires 1.5 Amps to charge which renders most dual USB car chargers useless since they generate about 1 Amp per USB port. That said, since I needed to get a charger that handled more, I figured I'd just go with Sony's model rather than going with a dual-charge model with a dubious build that could potentially do it...I'm glad I did.

The charger is solidly built and doesn't have any loose "play" in the charger; it goes in for a snug connection. I used it recently on a 6-hour trip to California and it was perfect for the entire journey. I've had dual-chargers not fit quite as well and rather than play the game of trying multiple non-brand units until something worked, I'm glad that I stuck with Sony's model.

While I wish that I could charge 2 things at once, I'm just glad that I can charge the Vita when I need to and since our mini-van has more than one adapter, it works well enough for us.
on June 7, 2015
This is absolutely necessary to someone constantly on the road. Just use the cord that comes with your vita, plug it into this and get to charging. I have had no issues with this within the last 6 months and use it constantly as I am always on the road.
on October 25, 2013
I found it to be a little difficult to fit in the cigarette lighter. I didn't really want to risk you using another USB charger with my PS Vita, so I bought this. Although I didn't get to extensively use it, it has not failed me the times that I have used it. And the times that I have used it it has been somewhat difficult to fit in my car cigarette lighter
on December 17, 2013
Great charger for the Vita if you've got a road trip coming up. I've tried using other USB car chargers and none of them seemed to work, so I bought the sony brand and it works fine. You can also charge anything else that is USB chargeable.
on April 22, 2012
a must have , it is 5V 1500mA output which the Vita needs, Most 12vdc USB adapters are only about 500mA
on July 26, 2012
The 1.5A output makes this charger ideal for multiple mobile electronic devices besides the PS Vita. You can use it to charge iPads, iPhone 4 and 4S, and also the PS Vita Portable Charger. Because it can charge at up to 1.5 amps, this charger will be compatible with virtually all mobile electronics that use USB ports. Many DC in-car chargers only deliver 1 amp or less which will not charge many of the newest devices because these devices draw more current than the charger can deliver.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2015
THIS IS NOT FOR Second-generation (PCH-2000 series) VITA!!!!!! IF YOUR PS VITA HAS CIRCLES FOR START&SELECT, DO NOT BUY THIS. IT CAME WITHOUT A CABLE BECAUSE IT'S ONLY CONTENTS IS THE CAR ADAPTOR AND ITS MANUAL. Wish I had researched more on this...

For those who want to charge their PS Vita's on the go: GET A Mini USB Car Charger Adapter WITH a USB Data Transfer Sync Charger that can fit the PS Vita 2000 series. That is how I am charging my PS Vita on long trips. There is also USB Wall Chargers for the USB cable that can fit the PS Vita 2000 that can charge as well.

I bought a Nintendo 3DS car charger before and it can charge 3DS or DS Lite..the 3DS was ready to go.... I think thats why I'll give it a 3...

I thought it was ok that it didn't have a cable. I tried to use my cable I had been using to use Content Manager(a different cable that doesn't recharge the vita, just for Content Manager) with my PS Vita. I am pretty sure it doesn't fit.

I am going to have to buy another PlayStation Vita USB Cable...If you have a PS Vita, you have one already. If you want two, like for a car adaptor, the cable and car adaptor are separate items.

I might update this later. I guess..I'm just annoyed >_>
on July 5, 2013
The charger is basically just what you think it is, a USB charger. It works for PS vita, and other devices such as iPhones. Just plug in your usb cord to the charger for your device. I'm not sure of the exact extent of what's compatible, but it works great!
on April 20, 2014
Great for charging the vita on the go but nothing else. This makes it a tad inconvenient in my opinion. The design prevents other usb cables from fitting into the usb port on the charger.
on November 2, 2013
I tried several DC adapters that should have worked given their specs, but none did. I broke down and bought this, the official adapter made by Sony. Guess what? it works. It's totally amazing in in conductive USB powers.