4.0 out of 5 stars Nice fan but doesn't fit my PS3...
I purchased this because the description says it will fit an 80 GB PS3. The fan itself is nice. It plugs into a front USB port and cools through the front of the system. Works great, but it has a little plastic piece that snaps onto the PS3, but mine will not fit anywhere. Regardless, the fan works even though it is a little loose. Great product for the price anyway!
Published on August 11, 2011 by Shay C. Powers

3.0 out of 5 stars Works okay
Published 4 months ago by Bryson C Crump

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice fan but doesn't fit my PS3..., August 11, 2011
Shay C. Powers (Griswold, IA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent unit!, December 31, 2010
This review is from: Sony PS3 Cooling Fan for 20GB / 60GB (Video Game)
Great addition to help our your overheating ps3, mine's been nice and cool since purchasing this and looks like it belongs on the unit!!! highly recommended!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent unit for 20GB/60GB PS3., January 19, 2012
This review is from: Sony PS3 Cooling Fan for 20GB / 60GB (Video Game)
Let me start off by saying I have a first generation 20GB Playstation 3 and this unit fits it PERFECTLY. If you don't have a first generation PS3 (20/60GB), it will not fit snug. I also have overheat problems with my machine. The system fan will go on superblast mode and the machine probably won't turn on next time without me resetting the hard drive. Since I have installed this fan unit, the system fan does not ever go on superblast mode. My kids watched netflix on a stormy day for 4 hours and not once did the system fan kick on past the initial start up. I have Infamous installed on the hard drive and play that and the system does not have fan issues. The reason I say this is because games installed on the hard drive make the system work harder than when there is a disc used to pull data from. Overall, I give this extremely wallet friendly fan a high recommendation. I also got it in the mail 4 days after ordering, which is pretty good too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ordered 3, good overall product.., December 17, 2012
This review is from: Sony PS3 Cooling Fan for 20GB / 60GB (Video Game)
The only thing about this product is the fact that you have to keep up with it, as in turn it off and on before you turn on or off the console. If it could just go with the PS3, would be the greatest fan ever.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works okay, May 21, 2014
This review is from: Sony PS3 Cooling Fan for 20GB / 60GB (Video Game)
Installation was easy and it fit perfect. It arrived quickly and in perfect condition. Living in AZ, it gets very hot here. I bought the fan to help keep my generation 1 PS3 cool because the on board fan goes into overdrive within minutes of turning it on and is extremely noisy. That's the only thing I don't like about my PS3. Having said that, the fan did help some when I put my PS3 in vertical stand postion, but not as well as I hoped. Even if this cooling fan breaks, I'd by another. Cant' beat the price!

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible, December 14, 2013
This review is from: Sony PS3 Cooling Fan for 20GB / 60GB (Video Game)
Worst fan ever, cheap. Maybe cost 1.50$ to produce. Does not blow strong enough to "force air" into the ps3. No difference in ps3 temp. Garbage.

1.0 out of 5 stars decent fan, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Sony PS3 Cooling Fan for 20GB / 60GB (Video Game)
cheaply made and the fan is loud. but other than that its alright for the buck but you get what you paid for.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE, FRIED MY PS3., September 18, 2014
This review is from: Sony PS3 Cooling Fan for 20GB / 60GB (Video Game)
I had hoped by installing this on the front of my PS3 that has been relibable without issue for years that it might help it run cooler and more reliable. It was a first gen ps3 and like all the rest runs with a high fan speed frequently. After installing this and turned it on for no more than 5 min, it fried my PS3 and I am now stuck with the yellow light of death. I am currently debugging the issue, but my it looks like it toasted the hard drive in it. As previously stated, I have never had issues with my PS3 so i find the corelation between installation and almost immediate failure to be pretty certain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for the price, November 30, 2010
This review is from: Sony PS3 Cooling Fan for 20GB / 60GB (Video Game)
I recently had a friend whose PS3 went out due to overheating so I decided to purchase a cooler before mine bit the bullet. This item seems to work but doesn't sit well on the PS3 system. So far i've knocked it loose multiple times just walking by. However, it does seem to keep the PS3's internal fans from kicking into overdrive so often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet fan that Works, October 7, 2011
This review is from: Sony PS3 Cooling Fan for 20GB / 60GB (Video Game)
This is a very quiet fan, and as completely put a stop
to all of the overheating that was going on. We have central air and somehow the playstation would always start to overheat after being on
20-30 minutes, now thats gone. Great product for a very low price.

Sony PS3 Cooling Fan for 20GB / 60GB
Sony PS3 Cooling Fan for 20GB / 60GB by Mgear (PlayStation 3)
$12.99