Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony PS3 Cooling Fan for 20GB / 60GB
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on November 22, 2013
Before buying this I read several reviews about how it doesn't fit correctly and would flop around on one side. I puchased this knowing that I could have the same issue, but I needed the fan in order to keep my 60GB PS3 cooler. Once I received this, my first attempt to install it resulted in the same issues that everyone else complained about.

However, I didn't give up. I removed the fan and looked closely at the small clip which holds this to the right side of the PS3. In order to install this item correctly you MUST use force to snap it into place. I put the PS3 on the rug so I had it at an agle that would allow me to apply pressure to the right side. Then I put some weight behind it and finally heard it click into place. I was also able to remove it easily afterwards by pulling on the left side to loosen the USB connection first then the clip just slips out of the right side.
on January 19, 2012
Let me start off by saying I have a first generation 20GB Playstation 3 and this unit fits it PERFECTLY. If you don't have a first generation PS3 (20/60GB), it will not fit snug. I also have overheat problems with my machine. The system fan will go on superblast mode and the machine probably won't turn on next time without me resetting the hard drive. Since I have installed this fan unit, the system fan does not ever go on superblast mode. My kids watched netflix on a stormy day for 4 hours and not once did the system fan kick on past the initial start up. I have Infamous installed on the hard drive and play that and the system does not have fan issues. The reason I say this is because games installed on the hard drive make the system work harder than when there is a disc used to pull data from. Overall, I give this extremely wallet friendly fan a high recommendation. I also got it in the mail 4 days after ordering, which is pretty good too!
on August 11, 2011
I purchased this because the description says it will fit an 80 GB PS3. The fan itself is nice. It plugs into a front USB port and cools through the front of the system. Works great, but it has a little plastic piece that snaps onto the PS3, but mine will not fit anywhere. Regardless, the fan works even though it is a little loose. Great product for the price anyway!
on December 31, 2010
Great addition to help our your overheating ps3, mine's been nice and cool since purchasing this and looks like it belongs on the unit!!! highly recommended!!!
on December 17, 2012
The only thing about this product is the fact that you have to keep up with it, as in turn it off and on before you turn on or off the console. If it could just go with the PS3, would be the greatest fan ever.
on February 20, 2015
I've used this fan quite a few times since it came in the mail. It works as its supposed to. It doesn't fit entirely snug on my ps3 fat (60 gb) console but it isn't in the way during game change or anything else and it gets cool air sucked in during continual game play like with call of duty or other first person shooter games that I like. I recommend.
on January 8, 2016
I was hoping that this fan would prevent the playstation 3 from even generating a little heat, sadly that isn't the case. It helps though because it pushes the hot air out the back of the system at a high rate which I assume helps prevent any issues that may arise in the future. It also has a red status indicator light I think it would've been nicer if the light was blue because when ever I see a red light on the system I think of some type of error.
It's a little on the noisy side I can hear it from 20 feet away with no problems. The last problem was that it doesn't fit snugly into the ps3 it is a little loose. I've read where another person said to push it in until you can hear a audible click. I tried and nothing happened. All of these problems are what prevents me from giving it a 5 star review.
on November 16, 2015
It was cheap and basically the only product available for the overheating fat PS3's. It's quiet (so far) but I doubt it will stay quiet based on other comments. I also doubt it is doing a whole lot right now even though I see the blades moving. I think my PS3 will need a lot more than this product to avoid overheating. But like I said, so far so good and I had no other options.

Before I bought this, I read comments and laughed about people taping these things to their systems because it wouldn't fit correctly but I had to do the same thing. For me, the silver piece on the bottom/front of my PS3 is preventing it from fitting all the way. It's about 75% on there. Ugly writing on the front of it too.

My big question is: Why didn't anyone ever create a better product for the overheating PS3's? I would pay a lot more than $9.99ish for a well-made cooling product that actually works effectively.
on December 10, 2014
Do not waste your money on this product. It does nothing to generate airflow and probably actually adds restriction to your PS3 air ducting path. I bought this thinking it was probably just a little weaker than people expected, but no, this thing generates virtually zero flow in free air, let alone plugged in to a PS3 face. Yes the fans spin, but think the gentlest of breeze. I have extensive engineering experience with cooling electronics and this thing will do nothing for your PS3. You are far better off opening a window and pointing a $12 box fan at your PS3 to keep it cool (assuming it is a nice day outside).
on January 9, 2014
My Ps3 has always run hotter than any other I have ever seen. I'm not sure if it's because it's backwards compatible or just an older model. I bought the MGS4 80 GB model.
I have always had to play in my room with the AC turned on high just to be able to play for any amount of time. During the winter I have used it as a heater, it kept my room pretty warm but I could never play it for too long because I couldn't run the AC during the winter.

I have read about this before and decided to get one because it got so bad playing Assassins Creed Black Flag that I couldn't play for more than 15 minutes. It worked great, my PS3 still glitches a little but I can play it much longer and it hasn't frozen up since I bought it. For some reason all the assassins creed games I play will glitch the same, they all have spikes that will make the character look like a porcupine. I haven't had that problem other than a few spikes but still playable.

If it isn't sitting on the PS3 like it's supposed to you need to push it on tight. It has a clip that holds it to the vents on one side.