Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on November 4, 2011
At first, we were disappointed in the plastic feel of the cover, but the reader fits well (has room for the stylus which is a plus because there is no storage on the reader itself)and the cover does what it was designed to do....protect the reader. We'll see what happens with more use.
Since we've had to use clip lights in the past, the flashlight feature in the cover is pretty impressive.

One feature that this cover lacks is the ability to stand. Folding the cover back doesn't work. We purchased the "igadgitz Black Genuine Napa Leather Book Style Case Cover for Sony Portable Digital eReader" for our pocket reader and, even though it does not have a light, it feels more sturdy and does have the stand feature. I could not find that they make one for the PRS-T1.
Would I buy it again? I'm not sure.
on October 18, 2011
I like this cover for the Sony PRS-T1. The Reader clips into the case and seems to be snug. I like the light and the way it turns off automatically when put back into it's slot.

I like the way the stylus clips onto the spine of the cover and does not come off. I have had the case in my purse, sitting on my console in my vehicle, walking around with it in my hands, etc., and the stylus has stayed in place on the reader cover.

I do not like the material of the cover as much as the previous version due to the possible smudge factor or the way the material may degrade if a slight bit of water gets onto it.

Other wise, I would recommend this reader.
on November 6, 2011
This is the perfect accessory for my e reader. Mostly, I wanted the light , which illuminates the reader perfectly which helps me in my poorly lit home!
It lasts a reasonable amount of time and takes easy to find and economical AAA batteries. The case is a wee bit sturdier than it appear but not as long lasting as previous materials they have used.
However, the stylus really needs a proper place to attach it to as it does fall off sometimes.
Also, the SD chip in the e reader is not accessible once it is in the case, but I see this as a problem with the design of the e reader, not the case.
on November 14, 2015
Perfect for reading at night. Easy on the eyes. Love that the lighting is already attached. Battery last long befor it needs to be replaced.
Access to my public library to borrow books for free if you have a wi-fi. Small and light for easy carry in my purse.
This is the 2nd Sony reader that I own. I have the Sony 300 and it still works very well.
on August 12, 2015
The T1 fits perfectly into this case, so perfect it's kind of hard to get it out! Which is fine for me. You can access the ports and buttons without taking it out of the case. The light is the best part. When you flip it up it automatically turns on. The cover for the case is leather (synthetic? idk) and makes it feel more like a real book experience. This case is so nice, and together with the t1 it makes me want to actually stop buying physical books.... but I just can't do it
on December 23, 2011
The cover with the built in light solves the most basic "con" of e-ink readers, i.e. reading when it is fairly dark. Raise the light and you keep reading. fold it back down and it does out -- and you can easily change the triple AAA battery. The cover looks good and protects the reader as well. If there is a con it is just that the really small thin reader grows larger but for all practical purposes this is not a problem.
on February 8, 2015
Low power LED. Imbalance light output. Not good enough for reading. You can adjust the light in any direction but it still does not cover the page. Nice concept and poor function. Better to buy a separate reading light which costs much less.
on September 12, 2015
This case does not add a lot of bulk and I love how neatly the light tucks away. It's not too hard to find an angle for the light which will light your screen without glare. Overall a perfect fit for my reader!
on March 2, 2012
The Only reason I got this Cover is because it is the OEM and it does have a light.
I wanted a cover with a light, and since you cant really attached an after market light to the E-reader this seems to be the best option.
Since made my Sony for Sony Ereader it fits perectly and protects it well.
There are only two things that I would have change.
1) I would have added a place for the stylus.
2) The price. Expensive at half the price of the ereader itself.
Over All I Am Happy with the Cover. :)
on July 21, 2012
I had Sony Reader Touch and the cover with the light. When I replaced that with the Reader WiFi, I bought this cover. It is very different from the other cover. The old cover was padded leather look vinyl with a metal clip to hold the reader. This cover, on the other hand is entirely plastic. After getting over the difference, I found that I like this cover alot.

First of all, the light is not as necessary as with my previous reader. The Reader WiFi has much better contrast that previous "touch" readers, so a light is not as necessary, except in very low light. That being said the light (three LEDs) works very well and turns on automatically when deployed (unlike my old one that had a switch). Be sure to position the light at an angle so that it doesn't reflect from the screen to you eyes. Uses one AAA battery. If it's anything like my old one, the battery should last a long time.

Although made of plastic, the cover seems very durable. The main shell is made of a hard plastic (lexan?) that the reader clicks firmly into. It is unlikely to pop loose, although it can be easily removed by applying pressure at the corners on the right of the cover.

The hinge is made of a soft plastic resembling rubber, though stiffer and more durable. Most of the front cover is made of stiff, but not hard plastic. It has a leather grain, but no one would ever mistake it for leather. The back of the front cover has a indent so that the buttons on the reader are not pushed by the cover.

All in all, a very practical cover. Not overly pleasing, aesethetically, but practical.

Cost wise, I think it's a bit steep. I got a deal on mine (open box). Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $25-30 for it.