Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 24, 2012
I don't usually write reviews, but this camera is review worthy. I must say that it is MUCH smaller than I pictured and I agree with the other reviewers that the case is much too large for the camera. I use the case to hold the charger for this camera and another camera I have. I went on Amazon and ordered a zippered Roo case for the camera which is smaller and much more of a better fit. This camera is so easy to use! The image stabilazation is awesome! I was shooting a video and wanted to test the stabilization so I shook the camera, upon playback there was just a mild wave. Also, the 1080i recording makes it look as if you are watching the action again in real life; it is crystal clear! This camera has a multitude of options for picture taking. I've tried out a few and find them very easy to use and they add just a touch of art to your picture. The HDR mode on this camera is Stellar! It just makes the photo's POP! I think this is a great camera for the average person who is just trying to point and shoot. I also feel this camera is great for an intermediate, like myself, or even an expert because it allows you to adjust the settings to your preference. I was lucky enough to get this package on sale for $150, but I still would have bought it for it's full price of about $200. If you're looking for a compact camera that packs a lot of punch you've come to the right place!
on October 4, 2012
I got this camera as I saw another one that was purchased by my brother a few months back and loved the features.
I have to day, this camera is little but huge in features. I was married with the Canon cameras as I thought that they had the best quality, but it was a nice surprise that Sony is in the competition with these little ones.
Ok the pictures, I have tested the sweep mode in all kind of environments, indoors and outdoors and the pictures look great, the normal pictures with no flash are also great. This is the first camera that I buy on this price range that I can call it intelligent, the auto mode identifies faces on its own, if you want to take macro pictures, it will take them without changing the settings or modes.
The touch screen is very responsive and the Carl Zeiss lens are perfect, the menu is very intuitive to the point that have not read the manual and I still get really good pictures.
I would recommend this camera to anyone that likes taking good quality pictures but is not very savvy on photography or cameras and you can get really good results.
The bundled case is a little big for this camera, but hey, it is free and feels like it will protect it quite well.
The only bad thing is that it does take almost 2hous to charge the battery but after that, you can take more than 200 pictures without a charge.
on October 11, 2012
This is a great little point & shoot. It's almost impossible to take a bad photo & it has cool shooting modes like 'toy camera' and 'pop color' which are really fun. It works great in darker conditions & I've gotten some amazing shots.

I believe it has a good design & the violet color is really beautiful. It's tiny & takes up almost no space in my purse so i can keep it on me 24/7!

I don't think you'll be disappointed with this powerful little point and shoot.
on May 14, 2012
Just opened the box. Overall really nice and small camera took some pics to test it out. Overall i am satisfied with my purchase. However 2 things to note: The camera pouch offered here is too big for such a small camera defeats the purpose of carrying such a small camera. I can fit my old thicker camera in it. Secondly the camera charger does not come with the external camera charger it is an adapter that connects to your camera for charging. Thankfully i have a spare external charger from my lost sony camera. Do order a spare battery. Will post an update in another 1 month to let you all know how it survives.
on November 6, 2012
I have had this camera for a couple of weeks and for the most part it fills the bill. It is a trifle slow in its being able to shoot multiple shots in a short time. There is a lag between shots that may irritate purists. I like the wide angle and the telephoto capabilities and also the movie ability.
The camera is a little small to handle with large hands but can be carried and/or hidden easily and is VERY light weight.
Excellent focusing and picture detail is what this camera offers and the display is just terrific. You can select almost anything to add your photo results.

The operating guide that came with the camera was short on how to import photos to a computer. I had to check the Sony web site for the information for MacIntosh. The USB cable can be used to charge the battery and is also used to input photos to a computer. This is good.
VINE VOICEon March 13, 2013
I am replacing my ELPH that I had for years that finally became unpredictable in its performance. I read a lot of reviews and checked ratings on a popular consumer's website. This Cyber-shot camera scored exceptionally high, better than any compact Canon. I was looking for a basic point-and-shoot camera that would take great pictures, have some modes that allowed me to capture motion shots and indoor shots, and would also have a decent flash, that was smart enough to know when to go off and when not to. I also like having a date stamp feature when I print out shots to help keep me organized. This camera provided all of this and more. It really has more features than I will ever use, but I have been playing around with them. It has a soft skin mode that I am particularly fond of, since I posted a picture of myself on-line that I took in that mode and got several comments about how awesome I looked. I did look fresher, and wrinkle free so that alone has sold me on this camera! I am planning to post several of the pictures I have taken so you can get an idea of the quality of the pictures and feature. Bare in mind I am NOT a professional photographer. I am a mom of two kids, and a wife. I am guessing someone with some actual photography talent could get a lot more out of this camera. It has a Carl Zeiss lens, which might mean something to someone who knows a thing or two about cameras. Some others have said the case is too big. Based on those reviews I ordered a supposedly smaller case by GTMAX at the same time I ordered the camera, but it is basically the same size only flatter and hard-sided. The case that comes in the pre-boxed set is soft-sided and therefore compresses down to almost the same flatness. I am really happy I decided to give this Sony a try because it has exceeded all of my expectations.

A few days later.....I have now used this camera over Spring Break and have something to report. The touch screen really takes some getting used to, particularly if you are coming from a camera with buttons. There were a few times I would acidentally switch it to a different mode just by holding it wrong. Once I turned the screen icons off and switched it to movie at the same time and had a heck of a time getting it switched back to picture taking mode. I still love all of the features and have posted just a few of the pictures I have taken with it. I am reducing my original 5 stars down to 4 because I find the touch screen a bit difficult to get used to.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 12, 2012
When a camera case is bundled with the camera (i.e., they make you buy the case), it should at least be the case for that camera. Not some "too large" case they want to dump. That's the case here (pun intended). I've since purchased the Sony LCS-CSVA leather case and it fits much better (although still a little too large).

On the plus side, the photos are extremely sharp (noticeably better than my older Sony P&S). And, its incredibly small and light weight. The only issue I have with the camera so far is that the zoom control is "touchy". It zooms too quickly so its hard to easily make small changes. However, overall, I'm very satisfied with this camera.
on October 21, 2012
I don't have much to add as others have said, this is a great little camera. Just read these and other professional reviews throughout the web. I also have a 5yr old Cannon Elf and this Sony (yes newer) is much more intuitive. The only complaint is also its strength, its so small. This is kinda of an issue not from an operation point but from the 3" screen size. The Sony screes is smaller than the Cannon Elf 3" screen. I like looking at my pictures and videos on the camera. Guess I need to buy one with a 3.5" screen. That said, I am happy with the camera. I worried about the responsiveness of the touch screen but this screen touch/sensitiveness seems fine to me. Other professional reviews said the same, they're right. Another thing, get a film cover for the screen because it scratches easily, most do. I put the camera in my pocket with my keys and scratched it up a little (the 1st time I used it!). The protection film I put on it has little affect on the camera's operation. I used an extra screen protector film I had for my Cannon. although its a little bigger it works fine. Haven't tested it in all light conditions and all that... but stills and video for golf, tennis, around the house it is just great. That's all folks...

Forgot to mention, this camera has a proprietary usb connection which means if you loose this one you have to buy one from Sony for relatively big bucks... I hate things likes they are unnecessary is this worth dinging one star to three...?
on October 8, 2012
Am updating this review as have more experience with product. As mentioned in first review almost a year ago, took this camera to a Las Vegas trade show after gaining basic familiarity. I'd previously been using a 6 year old Nikon Coolpic with 4mp resolution. On automatic settings found too many pictures were out of focus or poorly exposed. Camera decided to trigger flash in circumstances where it shouldn't have overexposing the shot, so manually disabled it. Pictures that did come out well though have brilliant color and resolution.
However, a year and a lot of travel later (as of 7/2013), still contend for my taste this thing can not make decisions fast or well enough to consistently match the basic quality of pics taken with old Nikon (even with resolution set to 10mp). To me a good shot in focus from old technology with faster acquisition is better than the occasional great shot in focus from the new. This is not a good buy to me for casual but varied conditions. Get something cheaper or more expensive that you've seen sufficient results for your shooting circumstances to be satisfied with. Will use it as my back-up for travel. If it gets stolen, no big deal.
on February 16, 2013
Buy this camera. I am only 13 and I am not a professional photographer, but this camera will blow your mind. The pictures it takes are fantastic, very sharp and high quality. There are tons of features and different modes to choose from when you are shooting, from nine super cool pictures effects to a background defocus that will blur the background of the picture and bring out the subject. Low light pictures are also excellent, but you might want to experiment with different modes to see which brings out the best picture. (For me it was anti- motion blur mode, which is also great for shooting action shots.)
Video taken with this camera is also high quality and very smooth. Audio is very good as well. I only wish that you could shoot video under a picture effect mode, since the shooting modes on video are very limited. But be careful about shooting lots of high quality video- it takes up lots of space!
Other things I liked about this camera was soft skin mode, the in- camera guide, and the playback function with music slideshows. When you are in playback mode, you can also add two picture effects, or paint on a picture with the given stylus. These are all just extra, but fun features!
Is this camera easy to use? Sort of. It takes a little getting used to, and some experimenting to get the hang of things, but when you do, you won't be disappointed!
One last thing about this camera is the fact that it doesn't have wifi, which I would like, because I love sharing the pictures I take on my iPad. However, you can buy and eye-fi memory card separately which can send pics and vids straight from your camera to an iPad.
All in all, this is an awesome camera- I recommend to everyone!