Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on April 1, 2013
Though this camera has many features I will not use (3E, movies, etc.), its ability to provide me with sharp, color-rich photos is exceptional. I take many photos (too many) and do not want to be bothered with difficult technical details or instructions, and fortunately this camera's automatic default features make it very easy to ahieve outstanding results. I was very disappointed with the poorly written, poorly detailed brief instruction booklet that came with this unit, but went to the SONY Internet support site and got links to the printable information I need.
on May 8, 2013
I have only had this digital camera for about a week but I am BLOWN AWAY by all the great pictures I've taken so far. The image clarity and quality are AMAZING! There are so many options to choose from that I haven't gotten to them all yet. The one thing I like most about this camera is that even the recorded videos come out with crystal clarity. I am soo happy that I was able to read the previous reviews for this camera and find out first hand that those reviews were on point. This camera has not left my side since oopening the box and I have been able to capture so many great images for my personal albums. Now to find a printer good enough to print out my pictures with ask much great quality as the camera and I am set :'D
on July 27, 2012
The Sony DSCHX10v--was purchased to support field operations that requires GPS documentation with the pictures, as apart of litigation actions. The camera was purchased with that in mind. The quality of pictures is great,and the many features, but the Users Manual is basically worthless; the extensive internal menus and submenues in the camera are not user friendly and you must rely on discovery rather than guideance to find what you need. The software PlayMemoriesHome was difficult to get to download it did not just happen with a "click" as other brands of camera I'm used to. Once downloaded you discover it is not the latest version and you need and must download the Expanded Version to get the edit functions you need. But now it will not download at all, just error messages. Sony Technical Support of little help--manual and user guide worthless except for the basic of basics. The learning curve is too expensive with this camera, I'm considering returning if I can not get to use the edit functions I need.

It took phone calls to other users to figure out how to turn GPS ON, then you have to initialize all settings just to turn GPS Off. No explation in the manual. I need to have GPS data incorporated in the printed picture--so far unable to figure out how to do that. You should not need to create a Web Page Chat room to use this camera for basic function. If not for quality of picture and optics, I would rate this camera a One Star.
Don in Wyoming
on February 8, 2015
Have had the camera about a month now and still learning it. It was refurbished so no manual with it but I have had other Sony's so lot is similar. So far I love it! First time I tried it was in a theater which was dark and I was able to zoom in on the dancers and get a nice clear close up of them!
Some pictures are out of focus but am sure it is just me not setting the camera right! Camera has lots of extra cool features. So far the only thing I'm disappointed in is the burst feature and trying to catch action shots of my grandkids coming down a waterslide - again I'm sure I just don't have the exact right settings! Camera nice and compact and looking forward to using it on my trip to Arizona next week.
on January 2, 2013
The settings are so cool! It takes great pictures for a point and shoot camera and you can hand it to a stranger and they wouldn't have a problem taking a picture with it. There are already a lot of detailed reviews for it so there is not much I could add other than I this it is easy to use and once you test out all the settings you will be a wiz at getting the type of picture you want.
on August 10, 2014
Still use it all the time, videos are great, especially the ability to zoom in and have audio follow. Stills give a great selection of formats and effects, and you can change and edit shots in camera. The only think I HATE about all the new lower-priced cameras is that you have to view and frame and focus through the LCD screen instead of a view finder. Some of the best pictures occur when the sun is, of course, behind you and on your subject. That's the very time you can't see the d**n lcd screen. Also, pressing the viewfinder to your face steadies the shot in ways the hands outstretched never will. I make my living as a videographer, so I may be a bit fussy, but the older cheap vacation cameras all had viewfinders. Anyone know of some that still do?
on August 6, 2013
This was a replacement for a camera that was inadvertently dropped into the surf. I really loved my prior model, but this HX10V takes wonderful shots and has all of the features that I use for everyday photography.
on September 30, 2013
Camera works as advertised, taking clear shots with lots of settings to choose from, and a great panorama sweep mode. However, the small cover that closes the battery/memory card housing does not lock properly. I have had to resort to pasting a small piece of electrical tape across it in order for it to not pop open during operation! Since I was moving back overseas two days after receiving the camera, it wasn't worth it for me to contact the seller for a replacement...Oh well...
on September 12, 2012
Small camera with many, many resources and great performance. Before buying, we had seen films from this camera taken in Europe by a friend and felt we were almost there. The camera really films great shots of any scene in which you find yourself and want to share with friends. So small and easy to use. Remarkable!
on March 8, 2013
The Sony Cyber-shot produces incredibly sharp pictures and the "wide angle" has come in handy. The product I ordered works well. I took it to Napa and have a beautiful collection of pictures. I also have taken pictures for real estate rentals as well. The wide angle gives a better view of small rooms than a standard lens. It's also easy to carry in a purse.