5.0 out of 5 stars Best Camera Ive Ever Owned. LOVE IT!!
Published on June 4, 2009 by J. Piotrowski

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of battery life
Published on June 2, 2009 by J. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Camera Ive Ever Owned. LOVE IT!!, June 4, 2009
This review is from: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T900 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom and Super Steady Shot Image Stabilization (Silver) (Electronics)
I bought this as a replacement when I lost my other Sony Cybershot camera (I think it was the T100, but cant remember it anymore). I was leary because I was not real happy with my other camera and was actually happy to have lost it. After reading reviews and looking at the things this camera could do, I took a chance and bought this newer, MUCH BETTER, version. I LOVE this camera!!! First, Im not sure why someone else had battery trouble, but I have taken this camera to every party and have taken well over 100 pics and some video and my camera has never died. I do fully charge it before I leave, and I always take my charger just incase (its small enough to throw in my purse or car), but I have never needed to use it!

Now, Im not a professional and Im not going to write a detailed description of ISO, and lighting specialties ect. I will leave that to the real professionals. What I will say is that it takes great pictures and it does so with ease. I dont have to change the scene, it automatically detects what I need (LOVE THIS FEATURE). I never really new what scene I needed anyway! Plus, by the time I would pic a scene the photo op was usually over anyway. I like to literally point and shoot! Thats what these cameras are supposed to be for anyway, right! But with the auto scene feature the camera is always ready to go! and it catches the greatest shots! and fast!! I can not tell you how important the quickness is when trying to take a picture of my 2 year old. Which brings me to another great feature...there is a smile detection setting!! You can set this camera to recognize when someone smiles and it takes the shot!! I didnt believe it until I tried it. And you can actually set it to detect just the childs smile, if you are taking a pic of with multiple people in the photo! Im not sure how the heck this works, but it is amazing and I am impressed!

There are so many other great features! I also LOVE the video capability. This camera has stereo recording, which puts this about 100 bucks higher than the same camera without stereo, I think its worth it because I find Im using it instead of my regular video camera. It has 3 recording levels, but even at the lowest you get a good quality video with great sound!

The editing functions in this camera are great too! There are simple actions as well as fun and (a little strange) options. There is actually an option to turn someone frown upside down! Seriously, if you take a photo and the person doesnt smile, you can edit it so that it looks like they are. Weird, right? But it is fun and a conversation piece anyway!

I could go on and on, but I am so glad I got this camera!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera - last year, April 10, 2010
The T900 is a great camera, does everything the Sony "T's" do, very well. But, $399 for what amounts to last year's model is a bit steep, when the new Sony TX7 does everything T900 does plus real 60-frame 1080i video, Panorama shot, HDR (both are fantastic), a CMOS to improve low-light, SDHC-card compatible (goodbye Memory Sticks!), and half the thickness, for only, um, $399. Only reason for T900 might be personal preference for a HAD CCD or the zoom toggle; the megapixel count (12 vs. 10) doesn't clinch the argument as the sensors are the same physical diameter. Camera body color might be another reason, maybe - although the "blue" TX7 is basically black, the "silver" is really dark anthracite - both very pretty. Otherwise, I almost picked up a 900. And careful about going further back, to T90, T70, or T500 as you start losing features like BIONZ, Stereo, hi-rez LCD, etc. And if you put these pictures next your D-SLR, yes, they may not be quite as good - but, "the best camera is the one you have with you". I keep my Sony V1 handy for upscale shots - pocket camera with F2.8 Vario-Sonnar camcorder optics grafted to it, looks like a walking lens. Old school, D-SLR quality shots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great video quality+very good image quality+ease of use=awesome camera!, August 21, 2009
I've had my red T900 for a few weeks and here's a list of the things I love, in roughly decreasing order of importance:

- GREAT video quality. This camera shoots 720p videos at 30fps, and the quality both indoors and outdoors has far exceeded my expectations. I previously used a T100 but also use cameras from Fuji and Casio for some occasions, and the difference between the T900's 720p high-quality mode and the typical VGA fine mode on other cameras is like day and night. Not only do you get HDTV resolution, the colors are more vibrant and the clarity is just great.

- You can optically zoom the lens during video recording. This is a must-have feature for me as I mostly shoot video clips of my kids.

- Very good still picture quality. This is no digital SLR, for sure, and the image quality is probably not as excellent as Canon's and Panasonic's compact digital cameras, but it's still very good. I read some reviews before deciding on this camera and I had worries about picture quality, but they were dispelled the minute I reviewed the still images on my PC. Very good contrast and clarity, and they make great prints.

- Smile shutter. I never thought I'd buy into this feature, but now I absolutely love it! You can set the sensitivity to three levels, and you can even choose "child priority" or "adult priorit"! And it really works! This is just totally awesome for taking still shots of my kids. (Smile shutter does not work in video mode.)

- Large 3.5" touch-screen LCD. There're no conventional controls, just touch-screen, like most Sony camcorders. The LCD is 1920x480 in resolution, and the menu text looks a little jagged, but you'll love its brightness, fast speed, and clarity for viewing images.

- Fairly easy to use. Sony employs a top-level HOME menu system with sub menus, but it's not too confusing, just a tad harder to figure out the advanced stuff than on an, say, iPod touch.

- Stylish and feature-rich. This is quite thin but still features 4x optical zoom with optical stabilization. The zoom also works in movie-recording mode. It takes Memory Stick PRO Duo cards up to 16GB. Battery lasts about 150 pictures with flash. Not bad. It's light-weight so easy to carry in a pocket, too.

In short, I love this digital camera. It's perfect for all occasions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Photos and Excellent Video for such a compact camera, December 3, 2009
Mark J. Fowler "Let's Play Two!" (Blytheville, Arkansas (The "the" is silent)) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I'm adding a review mainly to give another opinion in contrast to those who complain about the battery life:

I got the camera 9 months ago and went ahead and sprung for a spare battery - so far I've NEVER run down a battery in a single day unless I was shooting >30 minutes of movie. For just pics I get 180-200 per charge, and I'm rarely taking more than 100 a day.

I guess if I were a pro I'd want more battery - but if I were a pro I'd want more camera too. The settings for this camera give me VIVID photos - closeup, landscapes, portraits, sunsets, rainbows - all with excellent color and contrast.

The touch-screen controls on the back give me both easy to navigate menu options and an absolutely superb view (when taking) and playback.

It DID take a little while to familiarize myself with the various menu options, but for a camera with this many bells and whistles I'd expect to have a learning curve. Now that I know the settings it's easy to whip the thing out of my pocket, fire it up, and within a few seconds change my settings from pic to movie, from a bright sunlit beach to a sunset or fireworks at night.

I'd expect to spend four times as much for a camera that takes better photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect travel camera, July 11, 2009
Randy (Hamilton, VA) - See all my reviews
The compact size makes this the perfect travel camera without having to sacrifice resolution. The quality of the pictures and video shorts is amazing for such a compact design. My only disappointment is that the docking station does not charge the camera.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of battery life, June 2, 2009
Picture and video quality were good. However, I was only able to get 60-70 pictures out of a fully charged battery. Very unacceptable. My present Panasonic camera gets 150-200 pictures from 2 fully charged AA batteries. While the camera is very slim and compact, the advantage is lost if you must carry around spare batteries. Returned for a refund. I would not recommend this camera because of the poor battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, May 8, 2010
This camera is simply stunning. The material and build quality is perfect. The large touch screen on the back is intuitive and simple to use. I've never even bothered reading the user manual. Most importantly though is the image quality which is very good and the video is good as well, especially for a camera with such a small lens. For having a camera in your back pocket and taking fun snaps this camera is perfect. The only slight draw back is the battery life though very acceptable is the only slight draw back. Gotta say though you can't have it all - if you want a tiny camera you have to accept a few limitations and this the one limitation fine by me. definitely recommend this camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully engineered and good images, December 19, 2010
I can't enough of the quality and finish of this camera, it's real quality. It's fast and very easy to use. Packed with features you can even take HD films. The one let down is that this camera is terrible in low light conditions. BUT i would say that you can't really expect a camera with such a small lens to be capable of good low light shots. if you want that, buy a camera with a big wide lens. for that reason I'm still giving this camera 5 stars.

Bottom line is if you want an ultra thin high quality camera, that takes the best quality images that you can get from such a small camera then this IS the camera you've been looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying this camera..., April 19, 2010
Love this camera. Wanted a slimmer camera for "stuffing" in my purse for pictures & lighter to take for travel. Have had it about a month, researched cameras a lot before I bought it. Love the touchscreen also. Had a cannon before, but for me, just wanted something less "bulky". (Have to be careful not to accidently leave the cover slide down..as it seems this runs the battery down when not using it.)

5.0 out of 5 stars good, February 21, 2013
muy buen producto. rapido facil y a tiempo la entrega. sin contratiempos en todo el proceso. lo recomiendo a a