Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 10, 2013
How the hell can people write like 5000 word reviews? I'm sure I could go in to depth about the features of this camera but hell, it works. It takes pictures. Good ones. 'Nuff said. I got it for $200. Great deal.
on April 15, 2015
I have always been a fan of Sony digital cameras. I had one previously before this one and the only reason I had to get a new one is because the other one took many beatings from my drunk self trying to take photos and dropping it a million times lol It was definitely durable! This camera is the same model, just the newer version and I love it. The photos look great, have a nice quality and I love the full size touch screen.
on June 20, 2013
I am working with a big Nikon DSLR, but for just point and shoot this Sony TX66 is perfect for me.
I can zoom in and so and get great results. With my big one too but I am using a wide angle lense so I cannot zoom in and to save time before I change lenses, I take my Sony TX66 out.

This small camera is perfect. It takes really great pics and you can take fun pics as well. Panorama IS GREAT and easy to use. You can move "fast" from left to right to take a panorama or by touching that arrow on the screen in order to change direction such going from up to down,
You can also take pic in 3D, HDR, defocusing background etc.

18.2 MP is wonderful. Totally enough!

What I dont understand is the complaint about the price and not getting the SD with that camera. 200 Dollars is nothing!!!
I bought my camera in Japan even before it was out in other countries. I paid double the price. I also had to buy a case for the camera, but the cables and charger was included. Cant remember the about the card... It is a small card, but an adapter came along.

The only thing is that it would be much better to get a second/spare battery. If you wanna use this camera kinda for a day trip or vacation, and you use it all day long, then the battery will die on you the very same day.

As this comes with touchscreen you can easily use it and change settings etc. BUT while working with the camera you can also easily change something or end up in the menu without wanting it. So keep your fingers away from the touchscreen while not using touchscreen. But this is not a big minus. I would recommend this camera to everybody!!!!!!!!!! You cant go wrong.
I dont think you can use it in the water such like with Sony TX10 or TX20.
on March 16, 2015
This is a great camera! It's cute, pink, and has awesome picture and video definition. I took this little guy to Japan with me and it rocked whenever I needed it. It's nice because you can just flip the front down, take a pic, and push it back up to put the camera back to sleep. Very convenient. It has panoramic going up and down or sideways and auto focus. Plus, it's small and not very heavy. The back is all screen, so I highly suggest buying the HDE Pink (or whatever you want) Sony Cyber-Shot case that goes along with it. It flips open quickly enough and keeps your camera safe and sound, while not taking up any extra space really. The accompanying strap also makes it a lot easier to hold your camera and is a lot cuter because it's colorful than the basic one that comes with the camera itself. Super worthwhile purchase for both.
on April 8, 2013
my wife loves this camera... that being said everything was good except the battery..the box said NP-BN1 but it came with NP-BN, i don't know if it makes a difference but the battery drained fast..when i put a NP-BN1 battery from an old cyber shot it seems to last a lot better.i contacted Amazon and said it was a manufacture problem so they gave me all the information to contact Sony but they felt bad so they gave me a 10 dollar credit which was pretty cool of them. instead of trying to ship my battery to Sony and deal with the whole thing i just bought a "Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for Sony NP-BN1" which came with 2 batteries for under 20 bucks at the time i purchased it. it last even longer than my original NP-BN1. if the battery would have been good i would give it 5 stars but the camera itself is great
on November 12, 2013
Sony Cameras suffer from CMOS problems with colored vertical lines in many photos. DO NOT BUY A SONY camera- They sold me a Protection Plus Warranty for this camera then when problem occurred and was sent to repair station they wanted to bill me $161. They refused to honor the Warranty because I could no longer supply original sakes receipt even though they had sold a Extended Warranty for if showing the Serial Number. They offered to refund the Warranty cost of $25 rather than perform their contractual obligation to fix it. Poor design and worse Customer Service . Will NEVER purchase another Sony product
on April 7, 2015
This is my 3rd Sony Cyber-shot. Each time I purchase one, it gets better. The only thing is that I wish it came with more accessory options. I have a hard time finding a case that fits (not too big/not too small)
on September 15, 2013
I used the TX66 several times during the year and it worked fine. Then, I wanted to take pictures at a class reunion, but the camera failed. I kept getting an error message telling me to reinsert the memory card. I did so at least a dozen times. Obviously there was something wrong. I bought a brand new card and I got the same error message. I again reincerted the card many times but the message kept coming up. I gave up and bought a new camera. I did not try to contact technical assistance because I knew I would just get the run-around. I choked this one up to a bad experience. I think that one of the problems is the micro card itself. It's so tiny that it's ackward to handle. I would much rather go with a camera that used the larger card, which I did.
on April 26, 2013
I like this camera very much. Positives include small size, smaller than a cell phone. Picture quality is excellent. Almost every type of photography can be taken. Negative is only one, the menus that come up are less than obvious.
on February 11, 2013
For a simple pocket camera it exceeds all others I have used. My phone will take pictures but no where near the quality I desire.I prefer a camera that can always be with me to the more advanced cameras. With film I used a Nikon but often did not have the camera bag with me unless I planned to take pictures.I often stopped at a store to pick up a disposable when caught off guard. I have used a Cyber-shot for years and upgraded a beat-up (though still working fine) TX1. The TX66 is a worthy successor with sufficient improvements to warrant the cost of replacing a working model in my opinion. The TX1 still gets packed as a backup when traveling.