Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on October 5, 2012
I was looking for a new camera after realizing my 5+ year old point and shoot was probably on the way out. I was looking to move into the DSLR world, but wasn't sure about carrying all of the extra weight, having to change lenses, etc. I did some searching and stumbled on this Sony for considerably less than any DSLR (and MUCH smaller), and the reviews claimed that it was a fantastic, compact alternative to a DSLR. I was skeptical at first, but after reading positive review after positive review, I took the plunge. I was still skeptical even after I purchased it, thinking no point and shoot could ever meet my expecations. I couldn't be happier with the product, it absolutely exceeded my expectations in every way possible. Right out of the box it takes FANTASTIC photos, and the HD video quality is great. So far I can say I would HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone looking for amazing picture quality for a good price in an easy to carry compact system!!!
on January 31, 2013
That's the camera you like, great pictures and awesome features. Only problem is the you cannot use the regular SD and micro SD cards.
on November 22, 2012
It has nice qualities but I have problem with focusing on daylight, at intermediate distances, pictures can not be focused ,
on December 17, 2012
its a real good camera with nice and interesting features compact small and thin great for all kinds of shots indoor and outdoor etc
on March 6, 2013
I got the camera this afternoon. Only used it for a couple hours.

I am just an average person taking average pictures and this is going to be perfect for me. I had no problem getting it set up with my laptop I just followed the directions. Took a few pictures of my daughter in her bouncer in low light and they came out much better then I was expecting considering she wasn't holding very still. Processing time between pictures was a couple seconds using a class 10 16gb SD card. Uploaded easily via usb to Sony PlayMemories reduced a little red eye and uploaded to Facebook. At 10M they didn't take long to upload.

Camera seems sturdy enough. Well built but small enough that I can carry it in my purse or diaper bag (in a case of course) without it adding extra bulk or weight.

So far I have nothing negative to say about this camera and I looked pretty hard for something to be wrong. For me its perfect.
on February 23, 2013
I had cannon and panasonic in the past and after reading a whole bunch of reviews here on Amazons on different cameras, I decided to give this one a shot... I bought it before heading to a long vacation trip outside the country and as soon as I received it in the mail I started playing with it and wasn't all that impressed at first.... Once I started using it on our vacation though, learning all the many different settings, and the way the camera uses those settings so well on auto mode, I just immediately fell in love with it.. and once I uploaded my photos to my laptop and saw how nice and clear the pictures came out, and the way the effects made some of my shots so much better I fell in love with this camera even more.... The only downside with this camera is that it doesn't produces great shots in the dark regardless of the settings and that it doesn't take raw pictures but other than that it's cheap and it's a great camera.
on January 4, 2013
I am not into cameras enough to go into specific detail on specifications or any of that. I just use this for point and shoot. It takes great pictures. This is my 2nd Cyber-shot. I had my 1st 1 for a few years. The only thing is that it takes a few seconds to process between pictures. My other Cyber-shot was the same. I think that is just how cameras like this are. If you want something that is instantaneous you probably need to spend more money. This does exactly what I need when I need it to. I also like the multi-shot feature. If you are trying to take action shots or something that is happening quickly it takes a ton of shots back to back. Out of those I can usually get a few good shots of what I was trying for. For example, I my kids are preschool age. If they are on a ride and I'm trying to get a good picture of them I'll turn on this feature and I can get a few good shots out of all that were taken.
on December 19, 2012
I was looking for a camera to replace my old samsung that I loved, but this is even better. I mostly take shots of the grandchildren and pets and don't know how or have the time to fiddle around with settings when I want to take the shot. The only things I wanted was automatic settings, flash, zoom and video. This has it all and more(but you don't need to use the"more". It takes fantastic pictures just taking it out of your pocket and turn it on. I'll look into more that it has once I have time to sit and play with it. The zoom is excellent. Actually zooms in too fast, sometimes I need to back it up slowly. My grandaughter tends to stop smiling and not look when she sees the camera out. With this zoom, I've taken wonderful close up pictures because I'm not right on top of her and she doesn't know I'm trying to take a picture of her. Perfect camera for me. I don't like the touch screen cameras.
on May 29, 2013
Great purchase. Takes awesome pics. Haven't used all its functions but carry with me all the time. Battery life lasts long.
on January 23, 2013
Small & compact, takes great stills & movies. Great in low light situations. Large viewing sreen helps to focus on subjects