5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected - Still!
If you are a photo-purist, you will not like this camera. It does not take RAW images; there are no manual exposure controls (other than the ISO setting); and it lacks both a manual focus ring and the ability to switch-out $1,500 lenses. Add to this the fact that the camera applies a degree of in-camera processing to every shot taken and you pixel-peeping people will be...
Published on May 27, 2012 by Fair Minded Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures but fragile design
I have been waiting for Sony to come out with a great pocket size camera that will work well in low light. I bought this camera upon release and must say that it takes great pictures! I really don't think that you can beat its picture quality at this price. My wife has a Canon S100 and that still has better picture quality and low light capabilities than this. However...
Published on June 28, 2012 by Jamesb

‹ Previous | 110 11 1261 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photos every time. I am addicted to the panoramic mode., August 16, 2013
Dr. Z "d0ktaz" (Utah United States) - See all my reviews
With more features than a non-pro would ever need to use, this Sony camera is perfect for capturing the big moments in your life. I purchased this specifically to record my climb of Kilimanjaro this summer. It did not disappoint. I captured beautiful vistas above the clouds while also getting some great portraits and landscapes. Also great for the beach and the city. Although you have to be careful with lighting on cloudy days. There is some post processing work that can be done to make up for that, although you may be able to find a setting on the camera to optimize the captured image.

When doing my camera research, I found that this camera was the next best thing to investing a lot of money on a DSLR. While I do think that DSLRs are great, I didn't want to risk breaking one or bother with carrying one. This camera turned out to be the best near-DSLR quality point-and-shoot on the market.

Would recommend this to anyone who wants to upgrade from a normal digital camera but doesn't want the worry of a very expensive camera or having to spend too much time on learning how to use it. If you are on a budget but want high-quality photos, this one is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony WX-150, August 12, 2013
Very nice truly pocketable digicam. Very, very fast on focusing, shutter lag, between shot time and writing to memory card. Image quality is very good for a 1/2.33 sensor. Very little noise in good light and nice punchy colors. Lots of filters, effects and post-picture processing. Major drawback is maximum aperture of only 3.3, but for its size factor (tiny!) and having a ten X zoom, that's to be expected. Lens is top of the line Sony G and extremely sharp. This was the king of the hill until the Sony RX100 came out with its 1" sensor, but it's twice the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!, July 24, 2013
This camera takes great pictures. It also has a lot of fun features to play with. Came in handy for my European vacation, and now I take it everywhere with me! I'm not camera savvy at all so for me, it's a great and easy 'point and shoot' for everyday use!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good hiking camera, July 23, 2013
This review is from: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX150 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom and 3.0-inch LCD (Red) (2012 Model) (Electronics)
If you are looking for an inexpensive point and shoot camera for hiking, this is it!
Very good photos with a good lens and simple to use.
The only thing I am leery about is durability. With the lens extended if a jolt occurs the camera could be in trouble. The price makes this an easy decision. My daughter fell in love with it while traveling in Europe. I don't think I am getting it back so I will buy another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Price. Pretty Good at Taking Pictures, July 18, 2013
For the price that I bought this camera, overall I have been pleased with it. It is a nice point and shoot camera. The battery life is pretty good. As for taking pictures though, I am a little disappointed with a few things. When you take a picture, and look at it on the computer it looks pretty good, but when you start zooming in however, the photo starts to look like its an oil painting or something - it gets kind of blurry. But for the most part, the photos are pretty clear. I haven't had any problems with recording videos though, the quality is really good. Overall, I think for the price and the features this camera comes with, that it is a good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and awesome product, July 14, 2013
Lexi (evans, ga United States) - See all my reviews
I chose this product because it seemed to be the cheapest option with the features I wanted. We bought this product the week before our daughter was born.

I have loved this camera! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is a novice to photography. It is easy to use and gives really great pictures without a lot of knowledge about ISO, shutter speed, etc. Also, the "soft skin" feature is AMAZING! It takes away skin blemishes naturally and really just enhances the pictures.

The ONLY con I can think of is that on most settings, it takes a few seconds between shots. It has to "process" the image before you can take the next picture and that is usually around 3-6 seconds. Which means, you can miss a shot if you're not ready.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes beautiful pictures even for the camera challenged person, July 12, 2013
Great little pocket (or purse-able) camera. I'm really lame when it comes to cameras, sigh. This camera really helps with my camera dyslexia. I have it set to the "intelligent" setting & the camera does the rest ... somehow the pictures just come out beautiful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Picture Perfect, Almost, July 12, 2013
Pics are great. Quality of the camera is great. Sharing long videos...SUCKS. I used the camera to record about 20 minutes of baseball and the footage is brilliant. I could load it on my computer, take stills from it, time lapse it, etc.

However, the Sony software that you have to use to show the video is in a Sony format. So, I could not put it on a disc without convedrting it or forcing a friend download the Sony software. It allows you to load it to YouTube and other services but my YouTube account will only allow me to load about 5 minutes of video.

As far as ease of use, image quality, and amenities this was a great buy. Software constraints gave it a 4.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, battery didn't last long, July 11, 2013
Bought the camera in January and the battery died last week. Wouldn't work at all and I was afraid that it was the camera. Took it to Batteries plus and they tested the battery-dead (I had tried charging it on the wall and with the computer with no luck prior to this.) A new battery and we're back in business. I love it, but hope the battery isn't an issue anymore. At least I have a year warrantee on the new battery!
Update 10/22/2013 New battery died as well so tried to charge battery with a charging unit. Charging unit says the battery is fully charged. Sounds like a camera issue now. Not very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cam But read the cons..., July 7, 2013
I bought this cam for a trip to Peru and Machu Picchu.

However I can say, that I was expecting a bit more. It might have some problems with black light or shinny backgrounds. I did a Trek which actually goes to some Snow peaks, and I really wanted to take beautiful pictures of them. But as u might now, Snow + Sun, make them really really bright, and the camera just cant handle it correctly in Automatic Pics. I did some manual changes, and tried to get the most of it, but some other cams from my friends took better pics than mine.

In the other side, I also went to the Beach, and the pictures where just AWESOME. The quality was really really nice, and the Full HD videos where also great. I know this is not professional camera, so I think it takes really good pictures for its price.

‹ Previous | 110 11 1261 | Next ›