5.0 out of 5 stars Love My Sony Cyber Shot , So Far So Good ,,
Published on May 17, 2012 by of california

3.0 out of 5 stars Capable little camera
As a rule, I generally buy and use cameras with a little bit more functionality, like the Nikon P7000 or D3100. However, the DSC-W610, the lowest-end of Sony's current crop of digital cameras, certainly fits the bill for a cheap, pocketable camera that will get the job done, as long as you don't expect too much from it.

The camera comes with a battery, a...
Published on April 25, 2012 by Samuel McConnell

3.0 out of 5 stars Capable little camera, April 25, 2012

The camera comes with a battery, a charger, a USB cable, and a wrist strap. The USB cable is not your standard Mini-USB or Micro-USB cable, so if you don't plan on using an SD card reader, make sure not to lose that cable! Speaking of SD cards, this camera doesn't come with one, so make sure you pick one up. (The camera works with SD, SD-HC, and SD-XC cards as well as Memory Stick Pro Duo cards, so pretty much anything you throw at it will do.) Although the camera looks like it has a brushed aluminum front, this affect is applied with a textured sticker, and in fact the whole camera is rather thin plastic. It doesn't feel incredibly fragile, but also doesn't give me much hope that it would survive a moderate fall.

The image quality is better than most if not all cell phone cameras, just as you'd expect from a standalone point and shoot. The sensor is moderately sensitive, shooting okay if noisy shots in low-light scenerios. The flash does its job, covering all of the image area (except just the corners when the lens is at its widest). However, don't expect pro-quality photos here, detail resolution when zoomed in all the way is poor, looking muddy and indistinct.

The most unique option on this camera, and the reason we ended up choosing this camera, is Sony's sweep panorama mode. Click the shutter release, then slowly pan the camera right. The camera will make sure you held the camera straight enough (using an internal accelerometer, I'm sure) and automatically stitch the pictures together. It produces surprisingly good panoramas with very little work.

The biggest differentiator between this camera and its slightly more expensive brother, the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620, is the movie mode. The 610 shoots at a paltry 640x480, while the 620 (and higher models) shoot at 720p HD. Keep this in mind when opting to save a few bucks.

All in all, this camera is great for people who just want a cheap camera to keep in their pocket and not fuss about too many settings. If you demand excellent image quality, high-res video, or toughness in your camera, then you may want to pass on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love My Sony Cyber Shot , So Far So Good ,,, May 17, 2012
I was a little apprehensive about buying a Camera which is very new on the market ,I mean this is a 2012 model ,and the reviews are only a few for the same reason the camera is very new to the market ,but now that I have it here at home I just received today and took some very beautiful pictures very very surprised by the quality of photos ,before the Sony Cyber shot I had a Panasonic lumix ,very good camera but I give it to my nieces after three years of use , I have to say that the pictures of this Sony cyber the color the quality is superior , but the panasonic was only 12-MPs ,and the Sony is 14-MPs which undoubtedly is the reason it produces more beautiful photos ,,and is very very easy to use ,to set the day and time is super easy ,,I know it's a bit early to say just how good the camera is because just received the camera but it left me impressed so far ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for an amateur, July 30, 2012
I bought this camera just after graduating high school. I had a Sony Camera before this, and used it until it didn't work anymore. I was very excited when I took it with me to China, and it took amazing photos. Sadly, I lost it soon after arriving, and had to use friends cameras most of the time I was there. Compared to five different cameras, this one was easily the best. Many of the others took extremely blurry photos, didn't have panorama mode, and all of them went through their batteries fairly quickly. This camera took relatively few blurry photos, and for the first few days in a foreign country, taking hundreds of photos, I didn't need to charge it for three or four days. I also love the colors, the blue is gorgeous and it was helpful for telling it apart from my old camera, or my mom's camera at a glance. It is also quite small and light, smaller than any camera I've had before.

After losing my camera was heartbroken. The day after I got back from China, I ordered a new one. I can't wait to get it and keep taking photos.

Obviously, this is not a professional camera, but for a girl who loves taking photos, it is absolutely perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Easy, Even I Can Do It!, August 29, 2012
I had a digital camera prior to this that was similar but cost more. The menu was so confusing and my pictures were always blurry. I'm sure it was due to operator error - but like I said, the menu was so confusing, so many things to scroll through and it had so many other features that changing scene/shots was like searching through a maze, every single time!
This camera is so easy to navigate. And though there are several different modes - I find that 'easy' mode is just that...easy! It seems to always pick the best mode to fit the lighting and I rarely take a bad picture. Even in low lighting, pictures come out great. The battery life seems to last forever. I use a Sony type N and since I've had it, I've only had to recharge it once! It's slim, light, fits easily in my back pocket/small purse. Getting the battery out is not a problem and the battery/card compartment seems durable (other cameras have flimsy latches that break easy I've found). The viewing screen is large and though I don't usually take panoramic shots, it does work nicely. Simple, easy to navigate menu, great pictures, even in low lighting, and the video recorder also works well and it is easy to switch from camera to video. I posted two photos in the customer image section. Make sure you check out the omelet picture. Click on to see it full size. The colors just pop and it is so incredibly clear and crisp. It even has a "food" setting for morons like me that embarrass my family and friends by taking pictures of my food! I Love this camera!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!, March 16, 2012
I love my new camara, the quality of the pictures is very good!! It comes with the charger and everything very care and well packaged!! Great camara and the color is super cute : pink. Very nice camara for a very nice price!! I will use it sooo much for sure!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT !! GOOD QUALITY PICS!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars lens got stuck in the camera after 2 months, March 18, 2012
My lens got stuck in the camera after 2 months of owning it and Sony tried to charge me 150 euro to have it fixed, which was the same price as the camera, so I told them to keep it.I would not recommend this camera as I dont think they are in any way durable enough. Its a flimsy camera and Sony were a disgrace to deal with

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Camera, June 12, 2012
This is a awesome camera, I was worried about spending so much for a camera online but it turned out to be a great deal. The pictures are very high quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, October 30, 2012
jcaboose (Manchester, CT) - See all my reviews
This was a present for my daughter's 10th birthday. She wanted a "real" camera and her favorite color is pink, so this fit the bill. The camera is actually quite good in natural light and not bad indoors with a flash, but it's hardly what you'd call fast, nor does it work too well in low light and can't handle any kind of movement without blurring significantly. Then again, it was well under $100, so one shouldn't expect it to behave like an SLR. It's a handy little pocket camera for snapshots, and a great device for my daughter to learn with. This is my second Sony camera, and both have been sort of mixed performers - great in natural light, less so in anything else, and this one particularly seems to give things more of a yellowish tint most of the time. For my own use with pocket cameras, I've tried models from Sony, Panasonic, Nikon and Kodak, and Canon remains the best overall in image quality, which to me is far and away the most important feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony DSCW610 is totally awesome, May 25, 2012
This review is from: Sony Cyber-shot DSCW610 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Silver) (2012 Model) (Electronics)
The product is really cool..Panorama click is really great..The weight and size of the cam is very low....Easy to carry...

5.0 out of 5 stars litle camera but goog quality photo, November 17, 2012
I purchase this camera especially for holiday times this is a great instrument for recorded the moments that you spent with your familiy or friend the price of the camera was excellent for under 100 $ i am happy with this the camera include the usb cable, baterry charge, manual and wrist strap no include carry case and memory for storage your photo and video

Rate and Discover Movies