4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
Published on June 7, 2004 by J. Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars not so much
It does not play the CD's all the way through. I will be sending it back.
Published 12 days ago by west central Florida

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, June 7, 2004
This review is from: Sony D-EJ100PS Psyc Walkman Portable CD Player (White) (Electronics)
I bought this to replace a 7 year old Sony Walkman CD. The old unit had been dropped a couple of times and eventually became annoying, (pausing at random moments, skipping songs, etc.) I think the old one was a good unit, it just couldn't take all my abuses. I didn't think a "sports" model would survive any better, since it is just the same thing, but water resistant.
This model runs well, reads burnt CD-R without a problem, and sounds 50% better than other brands in the same price range. They put the AA battery pocket inside the CD lid instead of under it, so I can leave the duct-tape replacement cover out of this one. It appears to be more frugal with batteries
I only gave it four stars for two design flaws. The clip-over-the-ears earphones are not an improvement over the older headphones. They tangle, the bass is a little thinner, and they don't cooperate with the earpieces of my glasses. The other flaw is the colored cover over the LCD window. The bright orange plastic makes it harder to read the LCD and I think it will be the first thing to get scratched, making reading even harder.
This will be my third Sony CD player in about 12 years. The sound and durability still make it a good buy for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality - a worthwhile purchase, August 14, 2004
I was disappointed when my first Sony Walkman broke after just six months of use. It hadn't been subjected to much rough handling (I routinely carried it to and from school in my backpack), yet for some reason I could only hear sound coming out of one side of my headphones. I tried other sets of headphones but the problem persisted. So I exchanged my young walkman for this model, and so far I've been quite pleased. The sound quality with the iPod-like earphones is crystal-clear, although rather loud - anyone who needs to turn the wolume above 4 must be deaf. Just like my old walkman, this one has a bass booster, perfect for guitar-driven rock songs and the like. One setback is that the headphone cords routinely get tangled and it takes a good minute or so to straighten them out, but this is a pretty minor flaw. Also, the clip-on remote control is essentially useless - it only exacerbates the tangling problem, and is actually much easier to just use the buttons on the unit. The battery box is located inside the walkman rather than outside - a nice touch, assuring that your batteries won't come flying out in the event of an accidental drop. I only wish this model had a radio or MP3 player included - that would make it an ideal Walkman. But as far as just playing CDs, you can't do much better than this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars good player, October 4, 2005
This cd player looks cool and sounds great. I've had it for 9 months and it works like new, so reliability isn't a problem. I got mine for 45 dollars from a retail store. The only thing I don't like is it puroposely makes a beaping sound when paused, but I'm giving it 5 stars because this is just overkill rather than a manufacturing problem. Also, doesn't play mp3 cds, but it didn't say it did.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is the best ever!, December 25, 2004
Amazon Customer (Las Vegas, NV USA) - See all my reviews
I have to use my old walkman for a long time until couple months ago, when I get to buy a new one...this one! This thing is just perfect...I can play like, twenty or more CD's without changing the batteries. Also, I tried running away from some strange looking mens while listening to the music using this walkman, and there aren't a single pause. It just totally rock...I just don't know how to review a electronic, since this is my first time.

But I recommend this to be your new portable cd player.

5.0 out of 5 stars so i actually listen to cds., March 31, 2007
Paige (austin, texas) - See all my reviews
okay, so i got this cd player like over 3 years ago or something like that. so i come on this site to find a replacement one because i practically killed mine. and when im looking at cd players, i come across my old one. well i love the design, and i was going to get it, but when i look at the price, it says "$75 for used or new". USED!? when i got mine when cd players were still popular, it cost $25! AND IT WAS NEW! and now it says $75? no. even though this was the best cd player i have ever had, that is outrageous. and since hardly anyone uses cds anymore, you would think the price for cd players would go down!

so yes. that is my opinion.

but the cd player is great and all, it works terriffic. the BEST battery life imaginable. just the beeping for pause gets a little annoying.

but $75? thats just nuts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, decent, April 28, 2007
Amazonian (San Francisco<P>San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This nicely styled CD player has good sound and an attractive feature set that should make it appealing to non-audiophiles. Its inferface isn't as simple as some other players, but a short amount of study should provide a solid feel for its feature set. Perhaps best of all is its rock-solid reliability, which should make it usable for years of use - though this type of player isn't meant for hardy use. Ours still gets listened to - even well into the era of iPods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and amazing battery saver!, December 8, 2006
This Psyc Walkman is just wonderful. I have been using it for over 2 years and I still use it. The sound is great (considering I am using another headphones) and even greater with the original headphones. Plus, with a pack of 6 normal batteries, you are sure it will have life for over 3 - 4 months, even more. Trust me, I use it for over an hour everyday!

Both thumbs up.

4.0 out of 5 stars it was great until it dropped, February 14, 2014
This was such a great player. I put it in a pouch and listened to library book CD's and cleaned, walked to work etc. It was wonderful and I did drop it a few times and it was fine and then I dropped it in the bathroom on the hard tile and that was the end of it. Such a shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars I needed a good CD player, August 6, 2013
I bought this used for use on backpacking trips. Yes, Ipods are lighter, better, etc. but I am "Old School". I have a huge collection of "All Hits" CD's and wanted to bring them with on solo backpack trips. This unit works great (with digital headphones) and I love the lockout feature for the power - no accidental draining of the batteries. The 2 "AA" cells last for at least a dozen or more CD's with the volume up. I always put new batteries in for each trip, so I can't say how long they last before dying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Price was Reasonable, June 1, 2013
I purchased a used Sony D-EJ100PS Psyc Walkman. Buying this item new is unaffordable. I have used this brand Walkman for years and the cost for new ones has now gotten way too expensive. I've had pretty good luck in buying used ones, like this one, from Amazon sellers in the past few years. I appreciate that this seller carefully protected the Walkman before mailing it to me.