Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on February 9, 2013
After looking at Best Buy, Target, and many other places for a surround sound system I stumbled upon this on at Walmart. At first because of the low price I figured it would be a piece of junk. I went home and looked at the reviews and decided why not give it a try. My first impression was it looked fairly slick for a cheaper system. After hooking it up to my projector and mounting the speakers on the walls I decided to give it a try with good old That 70's Show! I was astounded. After I tried out the sound using Netflix I tried a DVD and it worked flawlessly, I then tried the USB hook up for my Iphone 5 and was HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED! The receiver said no USB device detected!

So other than the fact that YOU CAN NOT HOOK AN APPLE DEVICE TO THIS (I tried Iphone, Ipad, and Itouch and none worked) it is a good bang for your buck.
review image review image
1515 comments147 of 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2012
this is for a small room. Not much power. Has a great sound and balance but it is pre wired so the speakers only go so far, as does the sound.
0Comment57 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2014
Worked fine until day 2 - then noticed rear surround sound speakers not working while all others were working just fine. Next day the rear surround sound speakers were working. Next day they did not. This went on for several days until one day the unit did not power up at all. Called Tech Support and they had me unplug unit from power source and then hold on/off button for 30 seconds - this successfully reset the system and it began working. Two days later it happened again and I went through the reset process. After that it became a daily occurence and frustration. I sent the entire unit back for a refund.
11 comment28 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2014
I have yet to hook this up to my television, as when I purchased it I was only looking for a decent system for my ever-growing cd collection. The sound quality is good, but at lower levels you can hear the spinning mechanism. It's not that much of a problem, since my intent is to rock the house, but nonetheless annoying for a brand new piece of equipment.
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2014
Nice functionality. Clear sound. Not much sound for 300 W. It won't fill a big "Theater" room.
on October 21, 2014
No menu option on the player. Wasn't shipped with a remote control and sound quality isn't great.
on March 9, 2013
This is a beautiful and sleek package, that nicely fits into small spaces; although I hoped that it would deliver more sound. Nonetheless, I am pleased with it and recommend it.
0Comment14 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2012
This is an entry model. Enhance the quality or regular DVD. The sound is good but the problem is the lack of power. Pay attention. You are always at the maximum level and even there it just meet "Fair". For sure you won't shake the room and sometime you would like to. Also there is no optical or HDMI entry (in) to improve it... and remember it doesn't read Blue Ray. So won't buy again nor recommend. Go for minimum 600W.
0Comment50 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2013
Just got this for Xmas and found out it only has RCA inputs. You shouldn't buy this if you have gaming systems or other set-top boxes.
11 comment15 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2013
Dont buy this theater system. the subwoofer sucks and its like there isnt even one around you. The other speakers are so easy to blow and its just not worth the money.
11 comment12 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse