4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price!
Published 19 months ago by Olivia

1.0 out of 5 stars No HDMI input
Just got this for Xmas and found out it only has RCA inputs. You shouldn't buy this if you have gaming systems or other set-top boxes.
Published 8 months ago by Cody Graves

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price!, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Sony DAVTZ140 DVD Home Theater System (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
After looking at Best Buy, Target, and many other places for a surround sound system I stumbled upon this on at Walmart. At first because of the low price I figured it would be a piece of junk. I went home and looked at the reviews and decided why not give it a try. My first impression was it looked fairly slick for a cheaper system. After hooking it up to my projector and mounting the speakers on the walls I decided to give it a try with good old That 70's Show! I was astounded. After I tried out the sound using Netflix I tried a DVD and it worked flawlessly, I then tried the USB hook up for my Iphone 5 and was HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED! The receiver said no USB device detected!

So other than the fact that YOU CAN NOT HOOK AN APPLE DEVICE TO THIS (I tried Iphone, Ipad, and Itouch and none worked) it is a good bang for your buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars For small rooms and small systems, December 13, 2012
this is for a small room. Not much power. Has a great sound and balance but it is pre wired so the speakers only go so far, as does the sound.

1.0 out of 5 stars No HDMI input, December 25, 2013
Cody Graves (North Little Rock, AR) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Great system for small rooms/environments, not a lot of people..., June 30, 2014
I am reviewing this after purchasing thru. Walmart. We lost all functioning on our previous Home Theatre DVD system which was 1000W and we downgraded to this because we were not ready to pay a lot of money for a new comparable system. We would have had to pay at least $300-500.00 for comparable to the old. This new Sony cost $128.00 in stores great in general if it is a small space, this system is not designed to be a main large livingroom home theatre..... This is only 300W... Huge difference... The sound quality is great in spite of that but definitely not the same volume. Luckily, our livingroom is very small and only two of us most of the time, so it works for us for the timebeing, but to give you a comparison the old 1000W system we had volume usually around 10, the new Sony is around 24 for same comparable sound/volume... We just hooked it up yesterday and have a little leeway to play with on speakers, audio adjustments, etc. I do recommend this only for bedrooms, dens, small livingrooms, etc. If you think you are going to have Superbowl parties in a large viewing room with this system with lots of people this will not work at all for that purpose..... Within about 3 years we will pur. a new upgraded system and then this will move into our bedroom since right now we just watch through tv speakers. It will be great for that...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough!, February 23, 2014
I have yet to hook this up to my television, as when I purchased it I was only looking for a decent system for my ever-growing cd collection. The sound quality is good, but at lower levels you can hear the spinning mechanism. It's not that much of a problem, since my intent is to rock the house, but nonetheless annoying for a brand new piece of equipment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product remote batteries were dead, March 24, 2013
Good product, small but powerful for my needs. Instructions were clear and concise. Batteries in remote were dead. Would recommend this to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good if you live in appartment, October 10, 2012
This is an entry model. Enhance the quality or regular DVD. The sound is good but the problem is the lack of power. Pay attention. You are always at the maximum level and even there it just meet "Fair". For sure you won't shake the room and sometime you would like to. Also there is no optical or HDMI entry (in) to improve it... and remember it doesn't read Blue Ray. So won't buy again nor recommend. Go for minimum 600W.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony 300 Watts 5.1 Channel Home Theater Surround Sound System With DVD..., March 9, 2013
This is a beautiful and sleek package, that nicely fits into small spaces; although I hoped that it would deliver more sound. Nonetheless, I am pleased with it and recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars dvd player, April 24, 2014
I bought this system at one of the blue box stores over a month ago, and it worked flawlessly until this week. now it wont play dvd's, you load a dvd into the tray and close it, you can hear it try to load up, then it tells you no disk. after reloading it several times (up to 7 times) it might play a dvd. I have always bought sonys products and have never been dissatisfied with any of their products until now. I realise this is a low budget machine, with a great quality name, but I didn't put my money out to bring home a piece of trash. I can go to any thrift store and bring home a better dvd player. shame on you sony for selling trash to the public

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, June 23, 2012
Received mind from Sony this week. Easy assembled and sounds good for small room.
Discovered it would not play sound from my TV. The manual states it only works with Sony TV.
Not going to take TV back so I will try to send this unit back.

H. Gibson