Questions & Answers
Sony DCR-DVD650 DVD Camcorder
by Sony
4.0 out of 5 stars (85)
Used & New from: $145.00
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 questions
votes
This setup you propose is not ideal, but it could work as a "no money invested" approach to making a DVD copy of your 8mm movies. A couple of suggestions: 1. Shoot the image off of a screen rather than a white wall. Movie screens exist for a reason: they reflect back a much brighter image than just a white surface. 2. Don't shoot with the camera zoomed all the way out (wide angle) or all the way in (telephoto) -- use the middle range of the zoom (to avoid distortion of the image) 3. Your biggest problem will be a "rolling" frame line, when the speed of the film frames (18 frames per second for "silent speed" or 24 fps for "sound speed") and the rate of the video fields (60 cycles per second) don't quite match up. Just move the camera (on a tripod, of course) closer or farther from the screen while the film is playing in the projector, adjusting until the roll is gone. 4. After you shoot the films onto DVD and finalize the DVD, I suggest copying the DVD to an "archival quality" DVD, because I think standard writable DVD-R discs don't last more than about 5 years before the layers start to separate, rendering them unplayable. In any case, make multiple copies of your DVD masters, because even a small scratch can make the DVD unplayable, and that would be bad. Good luck to anyone reading this and trying it...there are many ways to transfer 8mm/Super8 to video, and this is the cheapest, but not the highest quality -- but, then, it is old home movies we're talking about, and they have a beautiful low-budget look.
Aug 28, 2012 by Ariel
votes
sorry but i dont know..... i just use the discs to record.... i dont think it is a standard memory card...however....... i just found out .. it is a sony 4 gb memory stick....produo...just now looked it up for you..... there you go.....hope that helps some...
May 23, 2014 by vance
votes
I am awaiting delivery of this camera. Am a complete novice and would like to learn the answer to this also. Am taking camera to India in Nov. and really need to get the "hang" of it ASAP. Thanks
Sep 13, 2009 by Caribbean empress
votes
No
18 days ago by Richard Baket
votes
Yes it has a separate rechargeable battery. They can be purchased here on amazon or Sony home page. You must know the model number to purchase the right size battery.
Mar 25, 2014 by esuom
votes
Absolutely
Mar 16, 2014 by JOHN GUTHRIE
votes
Mostly I use Corel VideoStudio Pro X6 to edit and make a video, transitions and endings. You are also suppose to be able to finalize any small disk and it should be playable in most dvd players. I have not tried this as I want to edit out all the mistakes before making a permanent DVD.
Jan 30, 2014 by b52john
votes
Yes it does.
Jan 22, 2014 by Gregg Moore
votes
Not that I am aware. I down load from the camcorder to the computer and then use CorelVideo Studio to edit and make a movie DVD.
Oct 18, 2013 by b52john
votes
You can look up practically any owners manual in pdf. form on the internet.
Dec 5, 2013 by Cheryl D. Millard
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers