680,000-pixel CCD * digital photo mode * photo resolution: 640 x 480 * MPEG Movie EX * compatible with Memory Stick Duo or Memory Stick PRO® Duo (8MB Memory Stick Duo supplied) * 2-1/2" color touch-panel viewscreen * color viewfinder * PCM stereo digital audio (12-bit or 16-bit) * variable-speed 10X Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar optical zoom lens (digital zoom to 120X) * Super SteadyShot * Super NightShot Plus * auto and manual focus * shutter speeds (1/4 1/4,000) * 6 AE modes * digital picture effects * i.LINK® jack * A/V input/output, including S-video * USB interface * M-JPEG video streaming to PC via USB (Microsoft® NetMeeting® required) * Accessory Shoe * microphone input * 2-1/2"W x 3-7/16"H x 4-7/16"D * weight: 0.94 lbs. with battery * warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer The Sony DCR-HC30 is the MiniDV Handycam Camcorder that doubles as a digital camera. It features a compact Memory Stick DUO slot which allows 640 x 480 resolution digital still image capture, which is perfect for e-mail or printing. It also includes a big 2.5" hybrid SwivelScreen touch panel LCD display, Super NightShot Plus infrared recording, USB streaming, and a professional Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens. It even includes a 3D menu system that makes adjusting the camcorder settings easier than even. Best of all, these big features come in a package that’s 25% smaller than the previous year’s camcorders.
The MiniDV Format offers more precise image detail and color accuracy than previously possible with analog camcorders. The superior quality of digital video results from:
- Higher Resolution -- up to 530 lines of horizontal resolution, on select models for sharper picture detail.
- Component Color Sampling -- preserves three times more color information than analog VHS and S-VHS video, for brighter and truer colors.
- Time Base Correction -- stabilizes the picture, eliminating video jitters.
- Error Correction -- fills in missing video data, providing seamless, professional-looking video.
Features of the DCR-HC30 include:
| Carl Zeiss lenses have an advanced optical multi-layer coating offering less glare and flare with increased contrast. This results in vivid image brilliance, true-to-life color saturation and perfect renditions of subtle tones. |
| Digital Still Memory Mode: Capture digital still images directly onto Memory Stick media for easy transfer to e-mail, printing, or sharing with compatible Memory Stick devices.|
| || || || |
| With a press of the Easy Handycam button, most of the advanced functions of the camcorder are "locked out" leaving only the buttons essential for recording operational. |
| Super NightShot Plus Infrared System: An advanced version of Sony's NightShot Infrared system that allows users to record natural color images in low-light conditions, but without the blurring common with other lowlight recording systems. |
| Battery information is momentarily displayed without having to power on the camcorder. Quickly access the battery's status by pressing the Battery Info button. The Recording Time Available is displayed in minutes on either the LCD screen or in the viewfinder. |
| Sony's i.LINK DV (or MICROMV) interface gives you true digital-to-digital editing, without the "generation loss" of analog editing. And the i.LINK interface is compatible with a range of Sony digital VCRs, Sony edit controllers, and Sony PCs with editing software. |
| || || || |
| MPEG Movie EX Mode: Unlike earlier MPEG1 Movies, MPEG Movie EX will allow you to record 320 x 240 resolution MPEG movies uninterrupted up to the capacity of the Memory Stick Duo™ Media. These movies are perfect for emailing to friends and family. |
| Stamina Power Management: the combination of low power consumption and an optional InfoLithium battery give Sony Handycam models incredible operating time. To keep tabs on battery life, Sony's AccuPower meter displays the number of minutes remaining -- right in the viewfinder. |
- 1/6" Advanced HAD CCD Imager, 680K Pixels Gross: 1/6" Advanced HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCD with 340K (effective) pixels provides stunning detail and clarity, with exceptional video (up to 500 lines of horizontal resolution) and still image performance. Realize great looking digital still images utilizing 340K (effective) pixels.
- 10X Optical/120X Digital Zoom: The optical zoom helps to bring the action up close from far away. In addition, the digital zoom interpolation means that extreme digital zooming is clearer, with less distortion than previous types of digital zooms.
- 2.5" Hybrid SwivelScreen Touch Panel LCD Display (123K Pixels): Provides excellent viewing clarity with improved resolution. The 123K pixel LCD display makes images sharp and detailed during playback or when monitoring recording. The Hybrid Reflective-Transmissive LCD Screen provides accurate viewing in sunlight or bright light, virtually eliminating the "wash-out" common with traditional LCD Screens.
- Digital Still Memory Mode with Memory Stick Duo Media: Capture digital still images at 640 x 480 resolution, directly onto Memory Stick Duo Media for easy transfer to PC’s for emailing, printing, or sharing with other compatible Memory Stick devices.
- Progressive Shutter: Mechanical shutter system that provides Progressive Scan performance while utilizing an interlace scanning system. Digital still images will be sharp and clear with excellent definition.
- Analog To Digital Conversion with Pass-Through: Convert and/or record any analog NTSC video source to digital video via the analog inputs. Analog NTSC video can also be passed through the digital Handycam camcorder directly into a PC via the i.LINK interface in real-time for easy PC editing of your analog footage.
- InfoLithium Battery with AccuPower Meter System: Charge the battery at any time because unlike NiCad (Nickel Cadmium) batteries, Sony’s rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries are not subjected to a life shortening "memory effect." Sony’s exclusive AccuPower meter displays the battery time remaining in minutes in the viewfinder or the LCD screen.
- Super SteadyShot Image Stabilization System: An advanced version of Sony’s SteadyShot system that controls an even higher range of shake and vibration frequencies, to achieve an even higher level of smoothness without degradation of video like some other image stabilization systems.
- 12-Bit/16-Bit PCM Digital Stereo: 16-Bit offers the same outstanding sound quality as compact discs. 12-Bit recording enables you to add an additional audio track with compatible audio dubbing equipment or i.LINK interface compatible computers.
What's in the box:
DCRHC30 MiniDV Digital Handycam Camcorder, AC-L25 Power Adapter/In Camera Charger, NP-FP50 InfoLithium Rechargeable Battery, RMT-831 Wireless Remote Commander Remote Control, USB Cable, MSG-M8A Memory Stick Duo Media, MSAC-M2 Memory Stick Duo Adapter, CR2025 Battery, Multi A/V Cable, LCD Cleaning Cloth, CD-ROM w/USB Driver (Picture Package Software v.1.0 for Sony).