Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Sony DCR-SR68 80GB Hard Disk Drive Handycam Camcorder” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 68% off the $349.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Sony DCR-SR68 80GB Hard Disk Drive Handycam Camcorder
- 80GB Hard disk drive (up to 61hrs in LP mode)
- 60X Optical / 2000X Digital Zoom
- Professional quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens
- 2.7” Clear Photo™ LCD (230 K) display
- Direct Copy to external HDD w/o PC
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Included Components||Sony DCR-SR68 80GB HDD High Def Handycam|
|Item Dimensions||4.45 x 6.02 x 7.6 inches|
|Item Display Weight||2.5 pounds|
|Item Weight||2.25 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||3.2 grams|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.4 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||0.2823529412 ounces|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||1 year limited|
|Maximum Focal Length||108 mm|
|Media Format Digital Video||HDD | SD|
|Media Type||HDD; Flash Card|
|Memory Storage Capacity||80,000 MB|
|Minimum Focal Length||1.8 mm|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||0.8|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Remote Control Description||Infrared|
|Removable Memory||Secure Digital card|
|Shipping Weight||2.2 pounds|
|Video Capture Format||mpeg-2|
|Zoom Type||Optical, Digital|
Top Customer Reviews
1. Picture quality is very poor, Indoor and outdoor pictures in good light appear with a bluish tint all over. If you wear a white /gray cloth it appears bluish on video. Like wise the sunlight coming inside your house through window /blinds all appears light blue!! Even with good lighting the quality of images are very bad, lacks sharpness, This in comparison to my old Panasonic PV GS120 is not even close to true color. If you view the pictures on a TV screen it will definitely appear lacking the sharpness. If you are transferring the video to computer using the supplied software it appears very blurry and grainy.
2. There is no way you can charge the battery when camcorder is in use even if there is a spare battery because the battery charging is done hooking up the AC adapter to the camcorder! This seems really stupid. Sony could have made a battery slot on the AC adapter to do this.
3. There is no separate viewfinder. So if the LCD is broken- everything is gone.
4. Audio quality does not seem to be that good but average.
5. I can not find the resolution of the camera for still shots, nothing is mentioned in the manual either. You can not shoot a still picture while recording the video, you have to capture it from the video shots already made. Yea the resolution does not matter in that case.
6. Battery life approximately less than an hour
7. The LED for lighting seems silly
1. Small size, you can carry in Pants pocket
2. Provision to use SDHC card instead of the "Sony's own" memory stick duo only. I have not used one yet though.
3.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am very pleased with the service I received, and equally satisfied with my new Camcorder. Thank YouPublished 18 days ago by John E. Burleigh Sr.
Poor quality just after 1 year (warranty) it stopped working and then repair cost was more than the actual product cost.Published 4 months ago by Arvind
Very happy. Gave it to my daughter. She has used it. Looking for a cord that it did not come with.Published 7 months ago by Dawn M.Harrison
Very well made camera. My only complaint is that it does not have a remote control for use with editing.Published 9 months ago by Don Player
I bought this handycam on the recommendation of my brother-in-law. He is a professional camera man for tv shows and commercials so I trust his opinion on this one. Read morePublished 10 months ago by GingerH
Very simple to use. The "Cons" are very minimal. If you want to do any editing, however, you must still use a downloading contraption, like the Dazzle, in order to... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Mo