Questions & Answers
Sony DCR-SX85 Handycam Camcorder (Silver)
by Sony
3.5 out of 5 stars (50)
Used & New from: $124.99
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 21 questions
votes
I have not tried using any cards with that high of a capacity. Page 18 of the manual says the following: ' "Memory Stick PRO Duo" media of up to 32 GB and SD memory cards of up to 64 GB have been tested and proven to operate with your camcorder' The manual is available at https://docs.sony.com/release/DCRSX45_handbook.pdf and covers model numbers SX45, SX65, and SX85.
Dec 15, 2013 by Shield_Wolf
votes
Rechargeable battery? Feb 7, 2013
Comes with the NP-FV30 Battery Pack. It is charged when on the camera.
Feb 7, 2013 by C. Yee
votes
Hi Marian, Sony DCR-SX85 Camcorder is not compatible on Mac. However, by using a card reader, you can insert the Sony Memory Stick in it and access the pictures on your Mac under DCIM folder of the Memory Stick. If the Memory Stick does not appear as a storage device on your Mac, then that means that it is not being recognized or being read. Vincent
Nov 5, 2014 by Sony Support USA  MANUFACTURER 
votes
Not sure, I use a sd card
Nov 2, 2014 by Paul McDonald
votes
Yes, this Sony Camcorder can use Memory Stick Pro HG Duo up to 32GB. -Ely
Nov 2, 2014 by Sony Support USA  MANUFACTURER 
votes
If you are asking about true night vision like night vision goggles, no. It does have a light but I have never used it. It will take some movies in low light but may not always turn out the best. If it were me and wanted good night pictures I would look at something different.
Jun 11, 2014 by AHE
votes
No
Jun 11, 2014 by Julia May
votes
how long is warranty? May 26, 2014
I have had mine for several years and have not encountered any issues that required warranty work. A summary of the warranty card follows. The camera has to have been purchased directly from Sony or a Sony retailer for the warranty to be effective. Sony will cover the cost of labor for repairs within 90 days of the original date of purchase and for the cost of parts within a year of the original date of purchase. Sony has the option to repair the product using new or refurbished parts, or to replace the product with a new or refurbished item. As far as I know, Sony has discontinued producing this particular video camera because of consumer preference for high-definition cameras. It's not listed in the Sony on-line store.
May 26, 2014 by Shield_Wolf
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers