Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on May 23, 2013
Just got it today. Used it for hours or two.

Build Quality:
Although on the whole, plastic is the material used, it is quite toughly built yet light.
The ear cushions also using quite thick PU leather, small but comfy.

Sound Quality:
The Bass is solid. Not too heavy. Just nice for me. No volume issue. Max out is deafening when PC or smart phone already tuned up. Crystal clear sound and music. Better than some cans I had used actually. (eg. Sennheiser 428)

Talk Quality:
Voice from other party sound far and bassy. Maybe need some run in. Not sure.
Mic seems hidden too far, need to raise voice to be heard somehow.

Battery life:
Monitoring in progress...7 days straight,music, talking for at least 3 hours each day!
When it flat out, it flat out. No distortion or any other hint.

Ease of use:
Connectivity was easy. Really can multi-pair as it promised. But I was expecting multi-connect actually. Means I do not need to disconnect one to use another device. I think so far only Jabra can do it.

Comfort:
Not used to On-Ear, though it is small and light. Especially I wearing glasses. My poor ears tips are literally sandwiched between the cups and my specs. I think it is designed for someone not wearing.
The materials on cups are thick which is good but the ears become sweaty after an hour of continuous using. Perhaps it was the weather here happens to be hottest.

Suggestion:
A cable for listening when battery run flat which can listen and charge at the same time.

Overall:
It is the best Bluetooth and cans I ever used. I bought it because I want to bring it out as well as using it at home. Dual purpose. Portability and versatility. Small and light. Good quality. Good Sound.
on April 25, 2013
I have previously purchased Sennheiser MM400 and Jabra Halo 2. MM400 sound good, are pretty small, and can be folded. The microphone is also good. The Halo 2 have a fine design and can also be folded, but they do not sound particularly good. The microphone is especially bad. Unfortunately, both have short battery life.

In comparison, the Sony DR-BTN200 sound really good and have a deep, rich bass and nice treble. The sound is balanced and works well for pop, electronic and rock and podcasts (I have not tested other genres). The microphone is also really good - when I take calls on them, the recipients of calls all praise the sound. Battery life is absolutely fantastic - I've used them every day since I received them (April 17) and still have not had to charge them. This could never be done with the 2 aforementioned headphones.

The DR-BTN200 are slightly larger than the MM400 and unfortunately cannot be folded. The material is plastic with leather pillows and the headphones are lightweight and comfortable to wear - even for longer periods of time. They work great with the iPhone and iPad. The price is pretty good. These are so far my best wireless headphones!
44 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2013
Quick review. I may update when and if I have time with a bigger better review. But picked these up last night. I'm an avid headphone junkie and have tested over 25 pairs in the last decade.

While my initial thought on these were that they sounded terrible as I let them burn in the quality got better with a few hours to burn in.
The bass is deeper than when I first turned it on and the soundstage got wider. It sounds pretty good now, not nearly as crisp and detailed as the $400 1RBT. But at nearly 1/4 of the price I wasn't expecting it to.

The bass is no where as deep and rich as most would like both the Motorola SF600 and the Jaybird Bluebud X headphones have much thumpier bass for a more enjoyable experience.
These are very neutral headphones with just a slight emphasis on the low end. These certainly aren't at the top of the game but I think they are on par with in sound quality with a good pair of middle of the road headphone. Which is tremendous being a bluetooth headphone at the 100-ish dollar range.

I seem to have some bluetooth lag issues with these headphones that I haven't gotten in the last 2 weeks with my Jaybird Bluebud X nor Motorola SF600. This is while testing on a 4th Gen iPod Touch and an iPhone 5, both seem to have the same issues.
When I skip to the next track or the next track queued up begins to play I seem to lose the first 1-3 seconds but it's random. I can't repeat it though... it either happens or it doesn't. FYI I didn't have this problem with the Sony MDR-1RBT headphones either at least not after the iOS 6.1 update. Before when iOS 6 came out it would have lag all the time.

It's a definite buy if you can pick them up for around 100 or less. Make sure you let them burn in before you make your judgement though.

EDIT: After a day of usage comfort level isn't bad on these. I had them on for 2 hours while I slept last night and wore them for a few hours during the day while at work, on the bus and at the gym. They aren't the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn but I'm also used to over the ear cans as opposed to ON the ear ones that these are. They don't cause too much pressure on the ears but I did find myself getting a slight headache while at work. I'm not sure if it's from the headphones or just from being at work.

The build quality on these headphones are C-H-E-A-P! They feel like a cheap plastic made in china rip off of a toy. The plastic is super thin and while I don't feel like it will break on me. I also don't think "quality" when I pick these up... and I thought the 1RBT headphones felt cheap... yeesh... one good quality though is the plastic isn't as hollow as the 1RBTs so you don't get as much as a hollow knocking sound when your headphones bump against something.

Lastly the volume isn't quite as loud as I'm used to coming from either of my last 3 pairs of BT headphones. The only time I feel the volume is sufficient with these cans are turned all the way up. But then the treble is a bit piercing and wears on you a little bit... grating would be a way to describe it. Not unpleasant, just not as comfortable at high levels as any of my last 3 pair of BT headphones. These are still keepers as they have the most amazing battery life of any device let alone headphone I've ever used. Your music player will run out of power long before the headphone does. Also call quality was great as for the first time my wife didn't scream at me "what's the matter with your phone!"

Still a buy on a budget as the SQ though inferior to the 1RBT it's still damn good for the $ in comparison.
on October 22, 2013
The headphone only paired with 1st generation iPad, not with iPad 3 and iPhone 5S, not even with Sony's own Vaio Duo 11 with Windows 8. After contacting Sony online support, the trick is to press the "POWER" of the headphone for more then 7 seconds to see the blue and red flushing alternatively. The headphone is now working fine. Thanks to the support.
on September 14, 2014
Cheaply made. I used them twice and the one ear cup broke off. I ended up returning them. Amazon was great about the return and refunded me the purchase price.
on December 21, 2013
I've owned these for well over a year now. I'm not sure about the quality currently, but there headphones have held up longer then any headphones I've had. I've had nightmare situations with headphones in the past with cord constantly messing up and music playing out of one ear. I haven't had that issue with these. The sound is descent when i'm playing my hifi audio and the ears are comfortable for long use. These also fit comfortably around my neck with the phones flattening out to sit on your chest without getting in the way. I can automatically sync to multiple devices but i have to do it manually when it doesn't connect sometimes. The battery life is long and i only have to charge every few weeks with an average of an hour use daily. Not having a cord makes these easier to put away. I can hang them on a hook and there's no extra fuss. I guess this is a plus for any similar headphones. I love the look and they aren't distracting and out of place like the early generation Bluetooth headphones.
on February 5, 2014
The headphones fit are generally loose and tend to slip off the ears. Sound quality is great, it's Sony. However, the blue tooth connection tends to take a few seconds to 'connect' going from song to song. I do love the phone function which does come in handy. Would I recommend this model? They aren't bad for $100 but with a little more due diligence I would think I could find a better pair than these.
on December 31, 2013
I have had these for around two months now and I absolutely love them. The sound is amazing and the durability of the headphones is impressive. Im in the military and sit watch alot. I take them with me in my duffle bag every day and it gets thrown around alot. Headphones are still as good as new. The bass quality is also pretty impressive. For the price these are a steal. Absolutely love them!!!!!
on May 14, 2016
Overall I'm very happy with these, although they aren't perfect.

Pros: battery life! sleek design; intuitive controls; comfortable (I wear them a lot, for hours at a time sometimes); they handle calls very well, i've head from people who call me that they can actually hear me really well even when i'm somewhere noisy

Cons: the sound quality is ok but for the price could def be better; the play/pause button is kind of hit-or-miss, particularly right after you turn them on (not sure if this is a failing of the headphones or the bluetooth connection), they don't give you much warning when they're running out of battery, which is actually kind of a big deal because the battery lasts so long that I rarely have to charge them and so I don't often even think about charging them
on October 10, 2014
I love these headphones. They are quite small, light and although I wear glasses they fit comfortably. Perhaps my head is just small but I also have the Pulse Elite for the PS4 and they hurt my ears after a while but these I can wear for hours.
I am still in the process of burning them in but considering they're wireless, BT audio with an extremely long range, they are fantastic. They also last for a long time. If you have a lot of interference though, you might hear dropouts which I have heard occasionally since my iMac has both a BT mouse and KB plus I have tons of Wifi devices all around me at work. Despite that, I have used these for desktop videoconferences and the folks on the other side claim I sound as good as my wired logitech G330's. I can now pause my video and walk around during long meetings. Well worth the $39.90 price I paid at Expansys.