Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 6, 2013
Just received this combo package. There are plenty of reviews on Amazon and other photo websites about the camera, but I just wanted to list the items that came with this particular combo package.

Includes:
1) Sony RX100M2 camera (obviously)
2) Sony 64GB Class 10 SDXC UHS-I memory card
3) High speed SD/SDHC/Micro SD USB card reader/writer
4) Package of 3 screen protectors
5) Tabletop tripod
6) Lens and screen cleaning kit
7) Extra battery
8) Carrying case
9) Micro HDMI to HDMI cable
10) Travel charger with European adapter plug and cigarette lighter plug (not shown in picture)
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2013
The low-light abilities of this camera are phenomenal, whether for stills or movies. Also captures wildlife startlingly well. The automatic features are well thought out and well executed.
on October 15, 2014
The camera: I'm in love. This little camera packs all the bells and whistles of a DSLR and I find the results are amazing. I purchased the RX100 II for a three week trip to Italy, where I didn't want to be lugging around my slightly older and bigger DSLR.
Top 3 favorite things: 1) The crisp clarity of details in the pics, even when cropped. 2) I was very impressed with the auto low light adjustment, whether taken at night or indoors without a flash, the shots from the RX100M II were "night and day" better than I've gotten from any camera, and 3) The macro capability was not only fun but gave that crisp foreground with the blurry background effect. There is so many things with this camera, that I anticipate I will have fun discovering many more bells whistles in it that I don't even know about.
The bundle: All of the products that came in this package were of good quality, and made this a phenomenal deal. I used all of the items just in the first three weeks of my trip, and I expect I will continue to get a lot of use out them since I now favor this smaller camera now over my DSLR.
I've attached a few examples photos; NOTE that the last 4 pics are all cropped from the same photo (5th from the end) to show the level of detail even when cropped more than 75%.
on November 19, 2013
Spectacular. This is a very good camera, and above expectations. I am a Pro photographer and own several DSLRs and medium format cameras, but this one amazes me every single time. The price is fair and the shipping was phenomenal. Thumbs up! Cheers.
on July 15, 2015
The camera is awesome and there is not much more that I can say in its praise. The reason for only 4 stars is related to the seller: The package of extra's is OK but the seller has played bait and switch with the memory card. The picture shows a Sony card with excellent specs but what I received was a no-name brand with terrible specs. The card is so bad that the camera will not record video to the card in the higher quality modes. Not that I bought this camera to shoot video because I didn't; however, on the rare occasion that I might want to shoot video I want to do it at the highest possible quality. The card does record pictures just fine.

I'll just shell out a few more $ for a high quality SD card which is what I was trying to avoid by buying this particular bundle.
on June 30, 2014
For a review of the camera, you should go to the product page.

The package from Beach Camera is a pretty good deal. I got a couple of really useful things out of it: you need an SD card, right? So you get that, plus an extra battery and charger. The mini HDMI cable is something you might find useful, and chances are you don't have one on hand. Things kind of go downhill from there, but in general it's all useful stuff.

Most hilariously bad part of the package was the screen saver. After cutting it out and applying it to my LCD, I used the cardboard squeegee to start removing the vast array of bubbles left behind. The cardboard left scratches on the surface of the screen saver! After moving just a couple of the bubbles off the screen it looked like a plowed field. If there is ever a case of a product not doing what it purports to do, this is it. I replaced it with a Duracell screen protector from Office Max which did the job quite nicely.
on June 27, 2015
This camera is as close you can get to a DSLR in functionality. All you are missing is the ability to change the lens. I did buy a different case for this which attaches to the camera to provide better protection, but the rest of the kit is all you should need to get started.

I would recommend buying the Kindle book Photographer's Guide to the Sony DSC-RX100 II ($7.99) since this camera has so many features. (The book is also available in paperback at a higher price.) It is hard to get a grip on the best options to use in a given situation without some good guidance from a pro.

This camera has a really nice panorama mode. If you mess it up it tells you what you did wrong, as in too fast a pan, not keeping the camera level, etc. The blending is seamless if nothing in your field of view is moving and you move the camera correctly during the exposure. For those mountain panoramas this is perfect. I used to take a dozen or more photos then use software to stitch them together, but this camera does it in seconds better than I could do in an hour with pricy software!

I opted for the Model 2 version due to the better sensor than the Model 1, and the lack of a hot shoe on the Model 3. The low light capabilities of the sensor used in the Model 2 (or 3) is incredible. Unlike some cameras (including my Nikon DSLR) you can set very high ISO values and get very little noise even in candlelight settings.

As with a good DSLR, you have control of all the settings, and the lens quality is top notch. I wish it had a smaller minimum aperture for better depth of field in macro use, but that is really the only complaint with the lens. This can be resolved for underwater photographers (as I am) by ensuring the housing you buy has a mount for a close up lens. The hot shoe is another reason I bought this camera since you can buy an underwater housing to extend that to your strobe rather than just using a slave strobe. This is much better for accurate exposures when manual is not an option.

Overall I am very happy with this camera even though months after purchase I have still not mastered all it's capabilities, and I have been a photographer for over 50 years.
on March 27, 2014
I was a little leery about spending $700 on a compact camera but after having used it for the past couple of weeks I am so glad I did. This camera takes stunning pictures inside and out. I love the fact that I can send the pictures straight from the camera to my phone so that I can share them with my family right then and there.

I bought this set solely because of the 64gb memory card, the spare battery, & the external charger. Some of the extras it comes with are very cheap and you probably will not use them. The cleaning solution had actually burst in the plastic sealed bag but I really wasn't disappointed being that I had no plans of using it after reading reviews on it. The camera bag is a cheap bag but it does serve it's purpose as I have been toting the camera around in it.
on October 2, 2013
Purchased for our honeymoon. So easy to use as a point and shoot. The added features make this camera fun to experiment with on all the different shooting modes.
on June 14, 2014
I have lots of experience with digital cameras; mostly Nikons and a couple of smaller Canons. I was looking for an upgrade for the Canon G15 [which I love, but wanted a bit more in a sensor]. I did a lot of reading and when the newest version of this came out, the RX100MII price dropped, so I got it for an upcoming trip. It is a sophisticated camera that requires the user to spend some time to familiarize themselves with settings. The manual was described by others as useless. They were right. I bought a photographer's user guide book that has been very useful and after having spent a chunk of time on an airplane reading about the camera [that was still at home], I've spent some time with settings. Early efforts show me I'm close, but it needs tuning. It's probably me and not the camera. If the camera works as advertised, I'd give it a 4.5 [the body design is a bit clunky and the manual isn't worth the ink used].