Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 8, 2014
I Bought this camera on recommendation from a friend whom had just been on vacation to where I was going. My TX30 was easy to figure out, as it does nearly everything for me automatically!!!

I use the highest quality settings possible, and still have room on my 32 gig Micro-SD after using the camera for 4 months and even with recording a bunch of 1080i video.

This Sony has done everything I have asked of it, and that is a bunch! I've gotten perfect horizontal panorama shots of Streetcars and rivers, and really kewl vertical panorama shots of Giant Redwoods (my last camera never could do this.) I gotten terrific underwater shots with tropical fish, fish ponds and even a creek! My high speed video of a Jetboat ride in HD is almost as fun as the day it happed.. We even captured great shots driving past a National Monument (while the Govt. was shut down,) and the quality is awesome.

While this camera does not sport a GPS... I was happy for this, as I located a 'secret' grove of trees and was able to share my pictures without worrying about the secret getting out!!!

I love this TX30, and can't wait for vacation, fall colors, and everything else that comes by my view!!! It is weel worth the price, and I consider myself to me a miser by any normal standards.

Thanks for reading!
on June 10, 2014
I bought this for backpacking as it was waterproof, rugged, and quick fire up for a picture. On my last trip, I took over 300 pictures in 4 days with this bad boy on one battery and one memory card. Flicking the little cover flap is an easy open, so rarely was it on and not taking a picture. Great shots of waterfall after waterfall... Had it in the pool too and shoots great photos immediately after being dunked.

I did notice one comment on how slowly it writes to the memory card. This is truly a function of the memory card itself. Spend the extra $ and get the fastest sandisk you can afford. Mine writes very quickly, so I can shoot again with little delay. Extreme, or at least ultra
on October 17, 2013
This camera (and camera package) is AMAZING!!! It does tons of stuff from taking amazing pictures to photo shopping on the camera itself! It completely rocks! So much so, that when I took it to work to show off, a coworker purchased the exact same kit in a different color! Family members are even looking into buying this camera kit! You will not regret this purchase!
on February 19, 2016
I have had this camera for over a year now and absolutely love it! I spend a lot of time at the lake and have a small child that I love to take pictures with. The waterproof feature works awesome and I love the floating strap that it came with it. It takes great pictures and I love the rapid shot feature for water sports and moving targets. It is small so it travels with my wherever I go. The battery life had never been an issue and it charges quickly. It comes with every accessory I could ever want. Sony is a great brand and I could not ask for a more perfect camera for my busy lifestyle!
on December 21, 2013
i ordered this package b/c of the extra items, especially the water strap, memory card, AND extra battery. the color orange stands out and b/c i go to beaches and do a lot of outdoor activities, this camera was perfect w/o having the lug around a huge DSLR. this is my 3rd sony cybershot camera ('04, '10, and now). the second TX series i bought was the first waterproof point&shoot, the only reason i had to replace my last TX was b/c it was stolen. BEST small waterproof camera that's not the bulky and can slip easily into my pocket. but the camera itself, decent pictures, GREAT in sunlight, but it is a point & shoot, so pictures w/o flash must be taken w/a very still hand.
on August 5, 2014
I bought this camera for a trip I took to the USVIs. It was awesome to have something that I could get wet and not have to worry about. I used the buoy strap a lot and went on my wrist nicely and was comfortable. This camera takes great pictures whether you are on land or in the water!
on March 2, 2014
Amazon delivered as promised with a good package of items. I like the great quality of the underwater photos in salt water. I followed all directions on cleaning and securing the opening for water proofing. I did not have any problems. The camera is a little disappointing since I am a die hard Sony person. The photos are extremely large file size for amazingly small resolution. Zooming in after the shot was downloaded to my computer was less quality than my iPhone 4. Somewhere in my order of several items I got an off brand battery that does not last long. Since it all came in the same box, I don't know which place the additional battery originated. It is a fun little camera and I will continue to use it. The 32 GB card sometimes has a mind of its own and has to be taken out and put back in to register.
on February 19, 2015
This camera has met all my expectations. Great photos and videos, it's completely replaced my camcorder, and can't be beat for beach vacations. Very durable too, my kids have dropped it, and it never missed a beat.
on January 7, 2014
I have the TX5 and love it but it was getting old so I have decided to upgrade to TX30. I haven't tried it yet in different conditions of light and underwater so can only comment regarding the handling and design. It is very light and orange colour looks nice. I have the impression that it is more fragile than TX5. Also the slide-down cover seems a bit loose. I haven't put it in test in real life yet but I am kind of scare to break it easily.
I also don't like the charger. TX5 has an external charger so you could use the camera while charging extra battery. TX30's charger has to be connected to the camera.
Regarding the accessories, there are ok. Just the carrying case is way too big to my taste...
on September 26, 2014
I'm happy with my choice, having used the camera on a week-long kayak trip. Good photos (not the greatest, but for the money and water tolerance I'm pleased), small size, extensive choice list on touch screen are all big pluses. Other reviewers who note that the screen is difficult to see outdoors are right -- but I managed to get most shots I wanted (point and shoot, right?). I messed up a few shots with my finger covering part of the lens, but I quickly learned.

The buttons on top of the camera aren't very intuitive, so when you give the camera to a stranger to take your picture, s/he may need a moment of instruction -- and won't always be able to see that tricky screen to get a good shot.

There is a "smile shutter" feature that really works -- fun to use and it can be handy in many situations. I haven't tried many of the other features yet, but as I learn each one, I'm more pleased.

I dropped the camera a couple of times and it continues to work just fine. The orange color is great -- much easier to find in a bag, car, whatever.

The kit of extras is great; everything is of reasonable quality. I really appreciated the floating wrist strap; although I didn't wear it on my wrist, it was very helpful -- usually I tucked the floating part in a pocket of my PFD and could quickly reach the camera (in another pocket). I didn't do a good job of applying the clear protective coating to the scratch-prone screen, and it didn't stay adhered as well as I'd like, but I'll try again. The coating did get scratched once but not the camera screen.

I do wish the camera had a stronger zoom for travel. Considering everything, however, I'm pleased with the purchase.