Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony DSC-WX350/B DSC-WX350 WX350 WX350B WX350/B DSCWX350B 18 MP Digital Camera with 20x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black) 16GB Bundle with 16GB SDHC Card, Spare Battery, Rapid External Charger, Case, SD Card Reader + More
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 25, 2014
First, a bit of backround....i have a Canon 60 D and a Sony NEX 6. Having said that puts my review in perspective.

The only good camera is the camera you have with you. If you are a very serious photographer, go for a full frame, or nearly
full frame camera. However, if you want to have a travel camera that has great optical zoom and very good Sony Clearview Zoom,
then this is the one to put very very high on your list. I dont want to sound redundant to the other reviews, so I will add that the WIFI works great for transferring your pictures to your phone, where you can send them with ease. (speaking for HTC One Android). You must use the Sony App, PlayMemories.The menu is very easy to read and work with. The LED display easily fades in bright sunlight, however I solved this problem after trying several polarizing glasses and found a pair that worked great for me,made by Costa.
I think the Beach Camera bundle was well worth the extra 10 dollars. I was glad I did it as others said it was a waste of money.

This camera surprised me with its capabilities, both as a point and shoot and as using it in low light as long as
you use the menu options for low light use. Most of my fellow mates who are photographers as their hobbies absolutely
flip over my images, It is not a Canon 60D, as it is a fraction of the cost, and a very small fraction of its size and weight.
I found my images to be far better than what I expected. Sony has done it again ! There are others that can probably match
this camera, but not at its size and price point.
on September 18, 2013
I bought this camera after my brother in law did a lot of research for a small point and shoot with good zoom and lot's of megapixel. After he shared his findings, I purchased the camera to take on a European trip. This camera exceeded my wildest expectations. It does everything from taking very sharp pictures while in a moving vehicle to clear sharp pictures at night. The battery life is very long. Recharged twice snapping pictures and video over 14 days. I can not say enough about this camera. I predict it will be a very talked about camera.
on May 30, 2013
One star not because of a camera problem, but because of a customer service problem.

This is a "Beach Camera, Fulfilled by Amazon" item. That means the Amazon warehouse stores merchandise provided by Beach and, when an Amazon customer wants one, ships it from the Amazon warehouse. In the case of a camera bundle, Beach packs and seals a box containing the camera and the various bundle items. You can also order the identical bundle from Beach in NJ, for the same price, including free shipping. My Amazon warehouse is one state away, so UPS delivered the package the day after It was shipped. Amazon does a great job and their fulfillment service adds value for businesses, expanding their market and adding to Amazon's volume.

But Beach forgot to include the spare battery in the box I received. And that little fault exposed a big flaw in the fulfillment service. I contacted Amazon and was informed I could return the entire camera bundle, but they would not send the missing battery. I called Beach and was told I had to deal with Amazon because they had shipped me the incomplete package. The very friendly Beach customer service rep seemed not to know that Beach, not Amazon, had left the battery out of the bundle package. Both answers were not helpful. I had opened the camera and tried it out as soon as I got it. It is now a used camera and someone would lose money if I returned it to Amazon, and I would lose the return shipping cost. Beach sells this generic replacement battery for $15. I bought one at an Internet auction site for $4.33 including shipping, which is less than what it would cost to return the bundle to Amazon.

So now I know that I should have bought this bundle direct from Beach. The battery might still have been missing, but they would have replaced it without any buck passing and finger pointing.

Pros:
The camera is quite nice.
The 32 GB SDHC card is genuine Sony and works.
The battery charger is OK.
The card reader is OK
The tripod is OK
The lens cleaning kit is OK

Cons:
The spare battery was not in the box.
The "Digital universal case" is big enough to hold four of these cameras. I will buy a better-fitting case.
Amazon does not correct missing item issues on fulfillment sales by sending replacement items.
on September 24, 2013
Love the zoom,auto adjust for settings! It's light weight and compact. Quality videos and hi res pix. You can zoom in or out when doing videos. Excellent macros and far away as well, craters on the moon and pollen grains in a flower! Love the chip that removes so I can upload to computer in a USB port. Tried uploading to computer from camera by wifi connection mode several times, takes a long time and disconnects. Don't care, love the camera! Like big view screen, too.
on December 1, 2013
Very nice camera for low light to high speed photography. Small enough to hide in your thumb. Also take very nice video during well lit situation. So far very satisfied and thanks for making it so affordable with all the accessories which is sweeeeet.
on September 3, 2014
Bought this camera for my wife who just loves it. She has been a photography buff for years starting with 35MM and progressing to various digital over the years. At one time she had her own dark room. Her previous digital camera was a Panasonic that accommodated various lens and took great pictures. It's biggest draw back was slow shutter speed when taking action pictures. That's not a problem any more with this Sony camera which is practically instantaneous. The picture quality is awesome and it has a lot of great features that she is still learning about such as taking panorama shots and recording short videos. It also came with a bunch of great accessories, fast delivery, and well packaged. Great Buy!!
on August 24, 2014
I'm hardly a camera expert. In fact, after doing a little research, I decided that because I'm not a camera expert this is the camera I need!

I've only had it a week or so and every feature is beyond my expectations and the photos and videos are turning out fantastic! Love this little thing!
on June 14, 2013
The item is exactly as described by the seller:
- Camera Sony DSC-WX300 White
The Camera also includes a battery, a USB charger cable and adapter. So, you can connect the camera to your computer or charge it via outlet.
- 32gb Sony SDHC memory card
- additional battery (not Sony)
- battery charger (not Sony; comes with European adaptor so it can also be used there, if needed)
- card reader
- mini tripod
- lens/screen cleaning kit
- case (mine was not as depicted but better: a black Kodak case that zips shut, hard-molded; with belt clip)

The CAMERA:
Now, I have only had it for a few hours and I realize that it will take a while longer to actually be familiar with all features and functions, so this is just my first impression. I am not a photographer but a regular lay person and I certainly have no expertise in cameras whatsoever. So, please, keep that in mind when reading my humble review. I will update this review later when I have worked with the camera for a while.

The design is beautiful, which of course, is subjective. I have read some reviews in which people expressed not liking the design. However, I like it... it's very pretty.

The BACK looks similar to the previous Cyber-shots. Large 3" screen - you can adjust in the menu whether you want the display to be standard or HD. HD uses up more battery life.
BACKSIDE buttons top to bottom:
- Movie (just push it to start/stop recording movies);
- Play (displays pictures and movies - btw you have the option in the menu to choose ONLY images or ONLY movies to be displayed);
- Control wheel - in "play" mode, you can scroll through your recordings using left and right, up lets you choose between display settings [see below for more info], down lets you adjust the volume, otherwise up enters the display menu, down Image brightness menu, right the flash menu, left the continuous shooting/self timer menu;
- Menu (for the menu, you guessed it);
- ?/delete button - this is very nice: It is an in-camera tutorial. If you push the button in shooting mode, it will open a menu for a shoot/playback guide, an icon guide, troubleshooting, and operation guide. It also gives you a history of guides and tutorials that you already viewed and an option to enter a keyword to search for a specific help topic.

The TOP has three controls:
To prevent confusion, "right" and "left" are used in the sense that you are holding the camera ready to take pictures, so you're facing the back. So, top buttons and dials from right to left (or outside to inside if you prefer):
Control button (I admit I haven't played with it too much yet) gives you different photo settings to optimize your photo quality:
- Scene: choose from * more beautiful skin; * soft background; * anti-motion blur (reduced blur in low light without flash); * landscape; * backlight correction (something about correcting shadows); * night portrait; * twilight; * high sensitivity; * food; * pet; * beach; * snow; * fireworks.
- Background defocus
- Intelligent auto (it automatically chooses the "best" settings)
- Superior auto (extra sharp images)
- Program auto (it says "auto exposure with adjustable settings")
- Panorama (I admit this is pretty cool!)
- Movie mode
- 3D still image (well, sweet, I wish I had a TV that can display 3D images)
Shutter button, embraced by zoom dial (move left or right to zoom out or in).
On/Off button.

The RIGHT SIDE of the camera features the USB terminal, which for some reason has a latch to cover it... and it's a pain to open it, it will likely break off in a few weeks, and it won't be a big loss because plugging in the cable is difficult with the cover attached (some dexterity is required). This is a minor design flaw in my opinion. Other reviews of the camera show that I am not alone with my grief.
Below the USB terminal is the hook for the wrist strap and below that, the instruction manual claims is the WiFi receiver, which is built in and not visible unless you take the camera apart - which I suggest you do not attempt.
There is nothing on the left.

The BOTTOM has a HDMI port, the tripod receptacle, and the battery compartment. Personally, I prefer the old design of opening this compartment, which had me just pushing the cover sideways. Here you have to slide a tiny button into lock or open position. With the cover open, you have access to the battery and the memory card.
Now, I could go into the details of all the buttons and features but this would take forever and a lot of space. Later, I will probably update this review and add information. At this time, let me just say that the menu button opens different menus in different modes (it matters whether you are currently taking pictures or displaying pictures). To give some examples: In addition to the functions described above, the camera will let you choose whether you wish you have a date displayed on your photos, you can adjust image/movie brightness, size, quality. There is face detection, movie or picture formatting. You can have gridlines on your display screen, you can turn digital zoom on or off (a function that I like); you have wind noise and red eye reduction options. You can take a series of very quick images, which comes in handy for sporting events or other action photos because it will give you a series of photos showing a motion. You can adjust the settings, colors, etc, for your display screen. You can thankfully turn the flash off, if you desire.
Ok that was my broad camera review.

The MEMORY CARD:
- Well, according to the product description, the memory card allows you to take high resolution photos, HD videos, and to use the continuous shooting feature - all things you might want to do with your camera. It holds up to 4,800 photos. It also says it is temperature proof, x-ray proof (but, oh, the camera is not), and water proof. You can also download software with it, which lets you recover accidentally deleted files (photos).

The EXTRA BATTERY and CHARGER:
- It is and does what it says, works fine, comes with a European adaptor - so can be used in Europe (not all countries) and the US.

The TRIPOD is tiny - but it works perfectly. Good little accessory. Very useful when you want to take auto portraits (one of the many camera functions).

The CASE that came with my bundle did not look like the one in the product description. However, it is a black hard-molded Kodak case with zipper (around three sides) and belt clip. It is much nicer than I expected. I had planned on buying a different one but I probably won't now.

I haven't used the CARD READER or the CLEANING KIT yet.

That's it for now. Updates to follow.
on September 13, 2013
First the camera takes great pictures especially when the light is good. I bought it to take on vacation to Alaska along with my dSLR. I found in certain setting this one took better pics than my MUCH more expensive slr. Fully recommend the camera.

Now the rest of the stuff. Like many others have said, the battery charger doesn't work for the battery. Wasn't a huge deal for me but may be or others. The tripod and case are functional but I don't use either (note: the case I got was appropriately sized for the camera and is of pretty good quality - no complaints from me on this). The memory card is needed as the camera doesn't come with one. Holds a lot of pics. It is always nice to have a second battery. They seem to hold the charge pretty well. The USB adapter is nice depending on how you prefer to download our pics off the memory card.

All and all I have no reservations about recommending this as long as you understand the battery charger doesn't work.
on August 18, 2013
Camera is nice, delivered in time, but if You want to order it, You should know there is no USB into microUSB cord, so you can't connect camera to computer.. It's not a problem, because there is a card reader, wifi and battery charger, but still a little bit disappointing. Other stuff is just right as it subscribed. I'm fully satisfied with this purchase. Thank you.