Here's a Sony feature that adds value to this digital camera and differentiates it from other models in the Sony lineup.
|Slow Shutter Noise Reduction: This process captures the scene in two exposures. The second subtracts the noise pattern from the initial shot, resulting in a final beautiful photograph that is virtually noise-free.|
Optics and Resolution
The 3.2-megapixel resolution creates images large enough to print 11-by-17-inch enlargements. The 14-bit DXP system plus Super HAD CCD combine to produce excellent image detail and stunningly smooth contrast and color rendition. The Cyber-shot DSC-P52 offers a 2x optical zoom and 3.2x digital zoom for a 6.4x total.
Storage and Transfer
Images are stored on Memory Sticks, and a 16 MB Memory Stick is included. The Cyber-shot DSC-P52 is also one of the first Sony cameras to be compatible with optional Memory Stick Pro media, which can extends data capacity up to 1 GB.
Images can be downloaded to either a Mac or PC via USB connectivity, which means it can be connected to any USB-based Windows 98/Me/2000/XP and Mac OS 8.6 or later computer without installing any software.
You can capture far more than still images with the MPEG Movie VX function. Most digital cameras' movie modes are limited to 30- or 60-second clips, but the Cyber-shot DSC-P52 can keep shooting until you've filled the memory card. When used with Memory Stick Pro media you can shoot approximately 22 minutes of video.
- 1.6-inch LCD monitor and true-zoom optical viewfinder for more accurate framing at eye level
- The three-area multipoint autofocus can intelligently focus on the subject and avoids mistakenly focusing on the background
- A multi-burst mode captures 16 images (320 x 240) as part of a single 1,280 x 960 image and plays them back sequentially in the camera
- The Multi-Pattern Measuring feature establishes a maximum exposure value, independently light metering 49 points of the frame, even where pronounced highlight and shadow are not centered
- Five scene modes: twilight, twilight portrait, landscape, snow, and beach
- Built-in flash with red-eye reduction, auto, forced on, forced off, and slow-syncro modes
Power, Size, and Contents
The camera is powered by the NH-AA-DA rechargeable NiMH battery (included). It measures 4.7 by 2.3 by 1.3 inches and weighs 7.9 ounces. This package includes the Cyber-shot DSC-P52 digital camera, 16 MB Memory Stick, battery and battery charger (BC-CS2), USB and AV cables, wrist strap, and CD-ROM with imaging software and USB drivers for Windows and Mac.