Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony DSCP52 Cyber-shot 3.2MP Digital Camera w/ 2x ..." and save over 90% off the $225.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony DSCP52 Cyber-shot 3.2MP Digital Camera w/ 2x Optical Zoom
- 3.2 megapixel Super HAD CCD sensor captures enough detail for prints up to 11 x 14
- 2x optical zoom plus 3.2x digital zoom (6.4x total)
- MPEG VX movie mode with audio recording; 1.6-inch LCD
- Includes 16 MB Memory Stick; compatible with Memory Stick Pro media
- Powered by 2100 mAh NiMH rechargeable AA batteries (included with charger); connects with PCs and Macs compatible with USB 2.0
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Display Resolution Maximum||61,000|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||400|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||100|
|Exposure Control Type|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Flash Memory Type||Memory Stick / Pro|
|Flash Type||Built-in Flash|
|Focus Type||Autofocus & Manual|
|ISO Range||Auto, 100, 200, 400|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 3:2|
|Item Dimensions||2.28 x 2.05 x 4.84 inches|
|Item Weight||0.62 pounds|
|Macro Focus Range||8 cm|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||1 Year Limited|
|Maximum Focal Length||82 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/1000 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||2,048 Pixels|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||2,048|
|Minimum Focal Length||41 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||2 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||3.2 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Resolution modes||2048 x 1536, 2048 x 1360 (3:2), 1600 x 1200, 1280|
|Shipping Weight||2.25 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||AA (2) batteries (NiMH rechargables included)|
|Video Capture Format||MPEG VX|
|Video Capture Resolution||MPEG VX (640 x 480, 16 fps, unlimited)|
|Viewfinder Type||Optical (tunnel)|
Here's a Sony feature that adds value to this digital camera and differentiates it from other models in the Sony lineup.
|Slow Shutter Noise Reduction: This process captures the scene in two exposures. The second subtracts the noise pattern from the initial shot, resulting in a final beautiful photograph that is virtually noise-free.|
Optics and Resolution
The 3.2-megapixel resolution creates images large enough to print 11-by-17-inch enlargements. The 14-bit DXP system plus Super HAD CCD combine to produce excellent image detail and stunningly smooth contrast and color rendition. The Cyber-shot DSC-P52 offers a 2x optical zoom and 3.2x digital zoom for a 6.4x total.
Storage and Transfer
Images are stored on Memory Sticks, and a 16 MB Memory Stick is included. The Cyber-shot DSC-P52 is also one of the first Sony cameras to be compatible with optional Memory Stick Pro media, which can extends data capacity up to 1 GB.
Images can be downloaded to either a Mac or PC via USB connectivity, which means it can be connected to any USB-based Windows 98/Me/2000/XP and Mac OS 8.6 or later computer without installing any software.
You can capture far more than still images with the MPEG Movie VX function. Most digital cameras' movie modes are limited to 30- or 60-second clips, but the Cyber-shot DSC-P52 can keep shooting until you've filled the memory card. When used with Memory Stick Pro media you can shoot approximately 22 minutes of video.
- 1.6-inch LCD monitor and true-zoom optical viewfinder for more accurate framing at eye level
- The three-area multipoint autofocus can intelligently focus on the subject and avoids mistakenly focusing on the background
- A multi-burst mode captures 16 images (320 x 240) as part of a single 1,280 x 960 image and plays them back sequentially in the camera
- The Multi-Pattern Measuring feature establishes a maximum exposure value, independently light metering 49 points of the frame, even where pronounced highlight and shadow are not centered
- Five scene modes: twilight, twilight portrait, landscape, snow, and beach
- Built-in flash with red-eye reduction, auto, forced on, forced off, and slow-syncro modes
Power, Size, and Contents
The camera is powered by the NH-AA-DA rechargeable NiMH battery (included). It measures 4.7 by 2.3 by 1.3 inches and weighs 7.9 ounces. This package includes the Cyber-shot DSC-P52 digital camera, 16 MB Memory Stick, battery and battery charger (BC-CS2), USB and AV cables, wrist strap, and CD-ROM with imaging software and USB drivers for Windows and Mac.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
-The most advanced "Super H.A.D. CCD" exclusive to Sony.
-CCD is 2x as sensitive as any other company's CCD, & 6 dB less digital noise!
-beautiful, accurate colour
-extremely versatile lens takes perfect pics from 3 inches away
-very fast autofocus (1/2 a second)
-autofocus illuminator light for taking pics in the dark
-extremely fast start-up. Around 1.5 seconds!
-very fast LCD: almost no lapse time from real life to LCD.
-LCD has 6 settings for good viewing indoors or out.
-Aperture stays open up to 2 full seconds in dark. Anything longer can damage the CCD, or let in too many unwanted artifacts
-full array of manual functions (aperture [ev], focus & ISO)
-snow mode keeps the detail of the white snow
-beach mode captures the perfect blue of the water
-up to 1 GIG of memory - supports memory stick Pro!
-5 pic size settings - VGA, 1.2 mp, 2.0 mp 2.8 mp & 3.1 mp
-2.8 mp is "3:2 ratio" for perfect 4 x 6 photos
-cool multi-burst mode. Takes 2 pictures in a row, under 1 second. 16-shot option as well.
-smart flash. Even when taking picture in daylight, will sense if it is needed, and come on appropriately.
-Smart Zoom. Not a digital zoom. Picture quality does not degrade like standard digital zooms.
-very long battery life. 2 Ni-mh "Stamina" AA batteries last 67% longer than 2002 batteries.
-metal threads for tripod. Most other companies use plastic. Bad idea!Read more ›
- The camera turns on super fast, like in 2-3 seconds it is ready to take a shot. (this is an annoying problem with many digital cameras) And it also saves the pictures to the memory card is very fast, less than 1 second and its ready again to shoot.
- The battery useage is excellent. Even with regular alkaline batteries I've been able to take pictures for several hours, at 2Mpix Normal setting. With the included rechargeable Sony batteries it is superb on battery life.
- Camera menu is very extensive IF you want to use it. If not you can leave it on "Auto" and the pictures turn out great, most of the time.
- Can take pictures in COMPLETE DARKNESS. This I have done many times using the flash on red-eye reduction setting, it works in a regular size room (10 x 14). Great for sneaking up on sleeping family members and taking funny pictures. The flash is very powerful up to about 9-10 feet.
- The pictures tend to have redish atifacts in them, particularly when taking very close up shots of people.
- Pictures taken out doors can sometimes look too bright, almost washed out. You can make some adjustments to the ISO to fix this problem.
- Movie mode eats up the memory stick quickly, so I had to upgrade to a 256MB Memory Stick Pro ($65 at [...]) and now its great.
- Marco mode ...forget it, not good on this camera.Read more ›
Battery life is excellent and LCD screen is good. World charger and NiMH batteries are included.
Check out the specs of this model carefully, its different from P72/P32. This one is 2in thick, has old & slow 2x zoom lens and is bulky.
Its a shame Sony tries to sell 3MP/2x instead of popular combination of 2MP/3x. Not to mention the extra cost of propreitary memory sticks compared to CF/SD cards. There are so many better camera's in market than this for a lower cost, I don't see any reason for this to sell.
The quality of the pics is now sub-par. I took the pics for my friend's daughter's birthday party and almost all were blurry. The flash does not work properly anymore either. Mostly I just need more than 3mp to take decent pics.
* The flash is too far from the lens and casts a large shadow behind the object
* the ends of the camera are curved - good luck taking vertical timer pics, it tips over!
*it is clunky and oddly-shaped
* It does take a good movie, in two sizes (10 seconds in high setting is the max for my email capabilities)
* The memory stick plugs into my Sony TV so I can view, edit, and play movies on my TV. Obviously only a 'pro' if you have a sony tv!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have two of these one purchased new, and another I purchased later from a seller on amazon used. both are great cameras. one is appox. Read morePublished 3 months ago by thunderunner
The shutter will not open. Broken. I tried 3 sets of batteries - and used the memory stick from my old camera - nothing helped. So I am returning it this week for a full refund. Read morePublished 23 months ago by J. Brown
Arrived in a timely manner and works great, would do more busy in future if possible. Will recommend to friends if they ever need this as a good place to buy from.Published on October 24, 2013 by David
I was so upset when my camera quit working. I had it for over 10 years.
So I ordered another just like it used. Read more
The Sony camera takes very good photos and I am very pleased with it. It is in "like new" condition. Shipping was prompt.Published on August 24, 2012 by darmi
I have this type of camera once, and I like the pictures from this camera.
I use it for reference when i take pictures for my paintings as objects, it works for me... Read more
I bought this camera for my daughter as she likes to takes pictures but it's only 8 years old. So to buy a new no brand camera for around 40 dollars I may as well opted to purchase... Read morePublished on December 13, 2009 by Carlos KGR
This camera takes very clear quality pictures. It would be a very good choice for anyone looking for a digital camera. However, it is a bit bulky.Published on April 11, 2009 by J. Smith