This Sony Cyber-Shot 5MP Digital Camera is powerful and easy to use. Enjoy enlargements up to 20x30" thanks to a 5 mega pixel sensor (2592 x 1944 pixels) and a 3x optical zoom plus 4x digital zoom (12x total). Features: MPEG movie VX mode, Playback zoom, trim and resize, 2-shot burst mode, multi-burst mode, 3 area muli-point auto focus, auto focus illuminator, auto daylight synchro fill-flash, MSA-16A 16MB memory stick, scene selection mode, slow shutter noise reduction, 14-bit DXP A/D conversion, 1.5" LCD monitor, true zoom optical viewfinder, pre-flash metering, battery charger, A/V and USB cables, wrist strap and software CD-ROM.
The fun, easy-to-use--yet powerful--Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P92 digital camera packs in more pixels and more features than its predecessor. With its 5-megapixel resolution, the Cyber-shot DSC-P92 produces stunning images in a diverse range of conditions. The Cyber-shot DSC-P92 features a 3x optical zoom and is one of the first Sony cameras to be compatible with Memory Stick PRO.
Optics and Resolution
The 5-megapixel resolution creates 2,592 x 1,944-pixel images large enough to print 20-by-30-inch enlargements. The 14-bit DXP system plus Super HAD CCD combine to produce excellent image detail and stunningly smooth contrast and color rendition. The Cyber-shot DSC-P92 offers a 3x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom for a 12x total.
Storage and Transfer
Images are stored on Memory Sticks, and a 16 MB Memory Stick is included. The Cyber-shot DSC-P92 is also one of the first Sony cameras to be compatible with optional Memory Stick PRO media, which can extends data capacity up to 1 GB.
Images can be downloaded to either a Mac or PC via USB connectivity, which means the camera can be connected to any USB-based Windows 98/Me/2000/XP and Mac OS 8.6 or later computer without installing any software.
You can capture far more than still images with the MPEG Movie VX function. Most digital cameras' movie modes are limited to 30- or 60-second clips, but the Cyber-shot DSC-P92 can keep shooting until you've filled the memory card. The Cyber-shot DSC-P92 shoots video at up to VGA size (640 by 480 pixels) at 16 frames per second.
- 1.5-inch LCD monitor and true-zoom optical viewfinder for more accurate framing at eye level.
- The three-area multipoint autofocus can intelligently focus on the subject and avoid mistakenly focusing on the background.
- Multiburst mode captures 16 images (320 x 240) as part of a single 1,280 x 960 image and plays them back sequentially in the camera.
- The Multi-Pattern Measuring feature independently light-meters 49 points of the frame, establishing a maximum exposure value, even where pronounced highlight and shadow are not centered.
- Five scene modes: twilight, twilight portrait, landscape, snow, and beach.
- Built-in flash with red-eye reduction, auto, forced on, forced off, and slow syncro modes.
Power, Size, and Contents
The camera is powered by the NH-AA-DA rechargeable NiMH battery (included). It measures 4.7 by 2.3 by 1.3 inches and weighs 7.9 ounces. This package includes the Cyber-shot DSC-P92 digital camera, 16 MB Memory Stick, battery and battery charger, USB and AV cables, wrist strap, and CD-ROM with imaging software and USB drivers for Windows and Mac.