5.0 out of 5 stars Great DSLR
Great camera for those getting into DSLR photograpy from a point and click type
Published on December 7, 2010 by SteveM

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I did not like this camera. I own an A55 and I love it. I purchased this camera as a gift because I thought it was a similar product. The cameras have very little in common. The A290L does take decent pictures but it is very slow and a little difficult to use.
Published on September 5, 2011 by Carl

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DSLR, December 7, 2010
This review is from: Sony DSLR Alpha DSLR-A290L 14.2MP Camera & 18-55 Lens + 4GB Deluxe Kit [Camera] (Electronics)
Great camera for those getting into DSLR photograpy from a point and click type
digital camera. Very good quality photos. Can start off with the auto shoot setting and progress from there. I like that the anti vibration is in the camera and not the lens. Makes adding lenses not as expensive. Good package, nice tripod. I still miss my old Minolta SLR film camera, but this helps with giving that up!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, September 5, 2011