5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Tapes at An Affordable Price
I use these Mini DV Tapes for my Canon Vixia HV30 camera. I don't re-use the cassettes so I wind up going through a lot of tape and so I'm always looking for a good price. This set was it as buying in the store would have cost a whole lot more.
Published on October 16, 2009 by Magpie21

2.0 out of 5 stars You don't get what you see here
Published on July 7, 2008 by Lloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Tapes at An Affordable Price, October 16, 2009
Magpie21 (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DVC60PRL Mini DV Tape 60min Premium Data Cartridge 10 Packs (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Tape, March 14, 2010
Its simple. Over the years I have shot with every brand of tape and every tape format from pro level 1" Type C and 1/2" Betacam SP to home formats like VHS, Super VHS and now, Mini-DV. Most name brands are good. Some are excellent. Sony is both -- and consistently both.

In the production process, tape is the least expensive but in many ways the most important item because the information recorded on it is the culmination of ones day at work. And when you are shooting an event or story that you cannot go back and do-over, consistency of quality counts. And that's the reason I tend to use Sony.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100+ used with no Problems / Great picture quality, May 13, 2007
I have been using these tapes for approx. 4 years, for general recording (everything but weddings). I've never had a problem with any of them and I've probably used approx. 100 or more of them over the years. The picture quality is excellent with no drop outs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, May 22, 2009
They're miniDV tapes. In a package. Good value. Good price. I always go Sony. Never let me down. Buy em. I did. Peace.

2.0 out of 5 stars You don't get what you see here, July 7, 2008
Lloyd (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
The picture is misleading, totally different compared to the one received. the discription is also misleading, all DV tapes with all brands are "metal-biased" now. The truth is "Premium" is the lowerest grade offered from SONY. The ones I received are Made In Mexcio. Its quality is no better than any other lowerest priced miniDV tapes you can find in Cosco, Sam's Club, or K-mart/Wal-mart, some of them are Made In Japan, or Made in USA. Figured this out after received these tapes. You don't need to buy this here if you can find any other major brand tapes if they cost less, this is SONY's lowest grade tape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, November 1, 2009
I only use the Sony Premium Mini DV tapes in my Panasonic DVX 100B. As I was getting low on supply I started looking for more to purchase and naturally went to the Amazon site. Got just what I was looking for a a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Tapes, Good Price! Recommended!, December 6, 2008
Sony "DVC-60" are a great value for high quality mini-DV. We shoot a lot of video for both our business (instructional videos) and personal use.

We have fairly high end equipment (Canon GL2 MiniDV Digital Camcorder w/20x Optical Zoom) and did not want to take a chance with switching brands (which can cause probles over time) or hunting the lowest prices. We selected Sony early on and have never been disapointed.

Recommended for quality and pricing!

1.0 out of 5 stars These ARE NOT Sony Premium Tapes. They are "Color Collection" tapes and may ruin your camera., November 26, 2012
I bought these because it said they were "Sony Premium" tapes.
What I received is something called a "Sony Color Collection" tape in a Premium wrapper.
The tape cassette itself is half red and half black. The tapes must be really low quality because they only record for a few minutes then I get a "Use Head Cleaner" warning on the camera screen and the camera stops recording saying I should eject the tape.
I'm gonna try and return them.
Danger! Beware! Don't get this product from this seller!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THESE TAPES!! DEFECTIVE!!!!!!!, November 14, 2012
I am an pro-amateur videographer who has been using DV tapes since 2005. I have a Canon GL2 and take immaculate care of my equipment. Because DV tapes are kind of hard to come by now, since the digital take over, I decided to purchase from here to save some travel time. I video record competitive lacrosse games. These tapes are DEFECTIVE, that is probably why they are so cheap. You cannot rely on them for a perfect recording. Here were my issues that I experienced:
1. They froze up in my recorder, after half time, camera was resting in turn off position, once I turned on, it wouldn't allow me to record, so I had to change tapes and missed several minutes of game.
2. In playback mode, it would skip!!!!!!
3. When I transferred to Final Cut Pro for editing, I would have to re-dump several times because it would freeze up for a few seconds, then play, but final cut didn't capture it the way it was showing on screen, so I would have to redo the transfer and sit and babysit it to make sure it took. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY BY BUYING THESE TAPES OR ANY PRODUCT FOR THAT MATTER!!!!! and if you have had the same problem, please post a review so this vender takes accountability. You only get to record a live event once, and you need to be able to depend on your products that seem to be perfect since they are "brand new".

1.0 out of 5 stars There ok, October 16, 2012
Well half of the tapes r bad they glitch alot and my camera heads just got cleaned too so don't buy them

Rate and Discover Movies